Opening Week Challenges - Question

Prok

There are currently a bunch of opening week challenges up for DR 3, two of them are for completing the game within launch week.

Complete Chapter 7 in Story Mode during launch week.

Complete Chapter 7 in Nightmare Mode during launch week.

Does anyone know if getting the Nightmare Mode challenge unlocks the Story Mode one too? Nightmare Mode is a totally different option to 'Story Mode' in the menu but since it's kinda just a harder mode hopefully you can get the two at once. Otherwise you'd have to finish the game twice in which case it'd probably be easier to not start on Nightmare mode first?

I'm finding out the hard way. I started on Nightmare Mode and with around 2 days remaining, I am not even halfway through the game.

I believe Story Mode and Nightmare Mode, as obvious as it is, your level doesn't 'migrate' to the other mode. So even if you were to complete Normal Mode and try to take your, let's say level 24 character to Nightmare Mode, it won't start at level 24.

If you hit the main missions, it is easy to complete the game twice within a week. I've been screwing around too much. :p

Just finished my first run through the game on nightmare and I can confirm that you unlock both challenges after the credits before overtime mode same goes for the achievements.

the nightmare achievement unlocked right after the ending sequence of chapter 7 but the achievement for normal story mode will unlock after the credits. After a couple of minutes I got bored and skipped them so no need to sit through.

When you finish overtime mode you unlock the megabuster and your level transfers to normal story mode as well as your blueprints.

I've only used chapter select just to be safe. I wouldn't risk starting a new game without a backup save.

I'm finding out the hard way. I started on Nightmare Mode and with around 2 days remaining, I am not even halfway through the game.

I believe Story Mode and Nightmare Mode, as obvious as it is, your level doesn't 'migrate' to the other mode. So even if you were to complete Normal Mode and try to take your, let's say level 24 character to Nightmare Mode, it won't start at level 24.

If you hit the main missions, it is easy to complete the game twice within a week. I've been screwing around too much. :p

Believe there are videos specifically stating your normal playthru char lvl & blueprints transfer over to nightmare

Wait, you're from Germany? How are you playing Dead Rising 3? :p

Thanks for that. At least now I know I don't have to rush through to beat the game twice, which is kinda disappointing at the same time.

As with many other games being released censored or not at all importing them is the only option. In this case I got an Austrian Version. All the other Retail DR games are banned here and the two digital arcade releases hove an IP lock on them making it impossible for us to download them by normal means.

With Case Zero you had at least a couple of hours to get it whereas Case West came on the marketplace with the lock already on.

How about DR in Australia?

Cheers for the info uhKillswitch! I'll keep playing through Nightmare mode for my first play. Hope it isn't too hard :x

It was fine with me. Just make sure to save regularly when a safehouse is on your route, skip most of the side missions (engame result showed 2 completed if my mind serves me right) and try to bring at least one Z.A.R. to every boss encounter (best weapon for the overtime mission leading to the final boss)..

It's an assault rifle combined with a shotgun and just a killer weapon!

For melee I'm in love with my electric sledgehammer(battery+sledgehammer; don't know it's name). Great and fast enough damage output with the quick attack and very effective crowd control with the heavy AOE attack.

sorry for the wall of text, guys...

How about DR in Australia?

As far as we're aware, the game is in its original state. Blood splash on the screen and all!

:woop:

:confused: Man... are you serious?

take it easy & calm down. You have 6 days left.

First week is Nov/22 - Nov/29

I think he's talking about in-game days until the bomb explodes.

Yeah, my apologies. I was referring to in-game time until the bomb explodes.

Currently at 12 hours and starting chapter 7. Once I get through this, I am going back to do it all over again, taking my time to 100% this great game.