This is how to get 1k VP points.

Slim Pizza Boy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Happy to report that this DOES still work. I simply focused on getting the 5 cards needed for building cities, then built/un-built them as fast as I could. Otherwise, I built a road piece now and then to get rid of extra cards.

A few notes:

1) I have had this game on my Xbox for 2 years or so and never deleted it. I have, however, cleared the cache multiple times. I'd recommend you do it as well.

2) I had done a few dozen cities the night before, and I don't believe they counted toward the total. I believe this DOES have to be done in one sitting. Multiple games, but all in one sitting.

3) Some poor soul decided to stay in the game with me while I pounded out city after city. Therefore, you do NOT need the other players to drop out.

4) VERY IMPORTANT: You can get hit by a 7 at any time if you have too many cards in your hand. Therefore, whenever I had more than the 2 Wheat & 3 Stone I needed, I traded the extra cards away to the other player or AI. That way, i mostly had only 5 or 6 cards in my hand at all times, and could focus on building/un-building cities.

• 1 month later...

I hate to ask this yet again, but...

I had to download an update when I booted this up a few days ago, so I was wondering if anyone can confirm that this method still works. I've tried it a few times, but I'm starting to feel like a real asshole to the other people still in the match.

I'd rather not piss people off if I don't have to.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that this method still works; my cousin and I boosted 1000 Victory Points over many hours today. However, it appears that the build/undo method does not work with the Longest Road card, so repeatedly building settlements and/or cities is the best method to gain Victory Points.

• 2 weeks later...
I can confirm that this method still works; my cousin and I boosted 1000 Victory Points over many hours today. However, it appears that the build/undo method does not work with the Longest Road card, so repeatedly building settlements and/or cities is the best method to gain Victory Points.

Lol.. oops. :p

I've been a total asshole to everyone in this game so far, rebuilding my road over and over. :D

Glad I know that now, so I can return to being a total asshole with only the structures. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this works in single player matches for the 100 and 250 point achievements? Those are both glitched for me and I would like to unlock them in single player. I'm so tired of worrying whether I'm going to accidentally unlock two achievements at the same time. Ugh. Wish this game could have been patched...

Edit: Nevermind. It works. I just unlocked the 100 point cheevo in about 5 minutes, so for both that and the 250 it will certainly work. I'm glad, because I've been annoyed about it. Next up, Longest Road and Largest Army, but certainly at different times.

Edited by Tylosargerchia

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Just wondering.....If you get 4 players together in the same ranked match all boosting using the build/rebuild method, will the game end itself at some point? Or will the same game continue until all 4 players can get the 1K VP Point achievement?

edit: nevermind, figured it out. Played with my main and 3 dummy accounts for over 4 hours and none were disconnected until my main got the achievement and then built settlements to the required 10VP win condition.

Edited by canadabug
Question answered

• 1 month later...