GTA V DLC Concern

InsaneKane87

I was wanting to post this yesterday but said nah, then I see new news about "Take-Two's Strauss Zelnick also revealed that Rockstar is planning something potentially groundbreaking for GTA V's multiplayer, with future DLC to be "interesting stuff"." and now decided to post this.

This could be taken two ways in a way but I see it as one as that 1. the game isn't out for many months to come and they are already talking about DLC. 2. Are they mentioning the DLC for multiplayer already or just DLC in general?

My concern is, well let me back up. I saw the achievements for Max Payne updated and people were saying how there is only DLC for the multiplayer, that concerned me. What if they do the same for GTA V and then today I read that above in quotes.

Is anyone else concerned that they will be focusing more on the multiplayer DLC wise and forget about the single player? I also ask because Rockstar asked for ideas on how to improve the crews if I'm not mistaken for multiplayer. I don't like the idea that DLC is already being mentioned even tho there are no details.

Your thoughts?

Is anyone else concerned that they will be focusing more on the multiplayer DLC wise and forget about the single player?

Maybe, but think about it. TLaD has a metascore of 90 and TBoGT has a metscore of 89. They won't forget about the single player when GTA IV add-ons were recived that well.

Perhaps the single player content won't be as big? Whatever they choose, they will do it right. Ignore their other games and DLC because quite frankly, GTA is on a whole nother level for these guys.

Maybe, but think about it. TLaD has a metascore of 90 and TBoGT has a metscore of 89. They won't forget about the single player when GTA IV add-ons were recived that well.

Perhaps the single player content won't be as big? Whatever they choose, they will do it right. Ignore their other games and DLC because quite frankly, GTA is on a whole nother level for these guys.

That's a good way of looking at it as well. I certainly hope they don't forget about the single player, they can do big things DLC wise with that also. Then again hopefully the single player is big enough to keep us busy for quite some time. Hopefully the multiplayer is improved and more enjoyable.

I'm sure they know the SP in GTA games is very important so we can probably expect some SP dlc but Rockstar has spent alot more time on their multiplayer in games since GTA IV (Look at RDR, Max Payne 3) so we'll see alot of multiplayer dlc too. Hopefully stuff like co-op missions.

i hope the dlc is kinda built in once its downloaded (SP i mean) as i find it annoying with gta iv that it just loads up your most recent save and if its TLAD or TBOGT your wanting to play you then have to load up a separate save and wait for that content to load. I also personally hope that they bring San Fierro and Las Venturas back in dlc too, as driving down the strip in LV in lovely HD would be amazing. Either way i dont doubt rockstar as i know they can deliver. MP dlc im assuming wont be extra maps as it should just be around the city, tho extra game modes would be nice as long as i dont have to pay for them. I really dont want there to be a season pass either as i find that they will have to release dlc fairly shortly after the game is released and i find this frustrating and annoying when it could have been easily added to the stand alone game (obv there will be a limit as to what can be on the disc). While many may not find that a bad thing, i dont think this is the direction GTA should head.

Edited by GodAnnihilation

I know this is getting beaten to the ground, but i think this would be interesting if there was a zombie thing in multiplayer..

Yep and you're just beating it to the ground even more. I hear this for every game it seems especially any shooter. Zombies should remain in zombie games not be a simple add-on for every game that makes no sense. Why is it always zombies anyways? Why not vampires, or werewolves something challenging than slow ass walkers.

Yep and you're just beating it to the ground even more. I hear this for every game it seems especially any shooter. Zombies should remain in zombie games not be a simple add-on for every game that makes no sense. Why is it always zombies anyways? Why not vampires, or werewolves something challenging than slow ass walkers.

Though RDR's Undead Nightmare was pretty cool. GTA definitely doesn't need zombies though, they're just obnoxious at this point. Vampires would be cooler if they did feel the need to put in something silly like that.

Though RDR's Undead Nightmare was pretty cool. GTA definitely doesn't need zombies though, they're just obnoxious at this point. Vampires would be cooler if they did feel the need to put in something silly like that.

Were those really zombies? When I think of zombies I don't think of green slime spitting sprinting fast as a werewolf really zombies tho they were pretty cool.

Give me DLCs or give me death!

Death, or exile?

if zombies appear many more times in games that have nothing to do with them i might have a nervous breakdown.

I agree, it's really gotten out of hand. I'm burned out just by hearing about it so even if they did it as a DLC I wouldn't buy it. Would love something original.

Were those really zombies? When I think of zombies I don't think of green slime spitting sprinting fast as a werewolf really zombies tho they were pretty cool.

I agree, it's really gotten out of hand. I'm burned out just by hearing about it so even if they did it as a DLC I wouldn't buy it. Would love something original.

I suppose in that sense they were no more "zombies" than those weepers from Dishonored, but yeah they were :p

I'd buy it but only because it's R* so it'd probably have some other cool goodies that come with it like new weapons and what not.

Most games are talking about DLC before the games released nowadays anyway so it's hardly surprising.

GTA V's pretty much done and dusted. A few little bugs to find and polish out and all that shit remains. Instead of laying off everyone thats finished early (writers, art, voice etc) get them to start DLC content. Never ending cycle, and everyone constantly has work to do.

GTA V's pretty much done and dusted. A few little bugs to find and polish out and all that shit remains. Instead of laying off everyone thats finished early (writers, art, voice etc) get them to start DLC content. Never ending cycle, and everyone constantly has work to do.

I'm glad that somebody else understands how this works. :)

A game is usually finished, or just having finishing touches put into it about 6 months or so before release. They have to send it off for certification (which obviously needs to be a complete game), and then they have to start getting it printed, packaged and distributed. In the time where they aren't working on the game, they need to start work on the next project, which will be a new game, or DLC for their upcoming release.

A lot of people think that DLC is created alongside a game, with the intent to keep it off of the disc and release it soon after to make more money. That may be true in some cases (Capcom, who leave the content locked on the disc), but in most cases, it's just that they've started working on it sooner rather than later.

The main problem with DLC is it can cause companies to focus less on their title, and more on the DLC. When they are hard at work on the DLC, they may neglect the new bugs and glitches that are popping up in their main game.