Is the Kinect dead?

MegaHurt

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of fun games out there for the kinect and its anything but dead. I dont think its for certain people though and certain game types wont work well on it. In my opinion Its more of a device that can be a blast when your playing with a friend but not as much fun when playing alone. Tons of fun games to play with friends and is a blast when you are.

As I said here, There is nothing out there that would encourage me, personally, to purchase the device.

That said, it definitely is not dead. I think a good chunk of sales is the PC market, who have taken the device and done some amazing things with it. Microsoft catered to this by releasing software so people can play around with the device, on their PC.

Yeah I enjoy some of the "party" games like bowling and sports and stuff but I really wanted them to be more innovative like some Shooters or something more original than swing a fake golf club or that half assed attempt of a fighter game that launched with it.

kinect was born dead, just like PS move

Actually, PS Move is alright. They implemented the damn thing into so many games, useless or not.

At least Microsoft could of done that, but nope, they didn't. Blame the developer, blame Microsoft, it doesn't matter. Simple fact that they chose not to implement Kinect with a few older titles.

I finished a blog update on this last night. I think the Kinect is anything but dead. The games which it is merely featured in ME3 and Forza 4 show that developers are taking it seriously.

As many said when the Kinect was released, it was an experiment. It brings people who don't game often or at all into the frame and able to share in the fun.

Remember, the Kinect can do much more than games. I think the games so far have been okay. Ghost Recon will be out soon which looks impressive.

"Core" games:

Fable: The Journey

Ryse

Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor

Project Draco/Crimson Dragon

Diabolicle Pitch

Kinect Star Wars

Bable Rising

Minecraft

Super Hypercube

Dragon Ball Z Kinect

"Better with Kinect" games:

Mass Effect 3

Binary Domain

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Power Rangers: Samurai

Tiger Woods PGA Tour '13

Madden NFL '13

FIFA '13

NBA Kinect

"Casual" games:

Kinect Rush

County Dance All Stars

Dance on Brodway

Doodle Jump

Kinect Nat Geo

Kinect Sesame Street

London 2012

miCoach

Ski Ranger

Summer Stars

Strictly Come Dancing

Top Angler: Bass Fishing

Lady Gagy: The Experience

Edited by Pyrochaos

Some games are worth getting on the Kinect like Rise of Nightmares, Gunstringer or Fruit Ninja but I think Kinect needs to be implemented as an optional component into a major title like Call of Duty for it to gain any interest from gamers that are only interested in playing them kind of games.

Some games are worth getting on the Kinect like Rise of Nightmares, Gunstringer or Fruit Ninja but I think Kinect needs to be implemented as an optional component into a major title like Call of Duty for it to gain any interest from gamers that are only interested in playing them kind of games.

Forza 4 & Mass Effect 3 are pretty major titles. Kinect has optional components in those games.

Dead? I wish Sony put as much behind the Move as Microsoft puts behind Kinect. Move is dead, which sucks because I'd like to use mine for more than first person shooters and the odd Wii port.

Actually, PS Move is alright. They implemented the damn thing into so many games, useless or not.

Most of these games have it implemented poorly, though. The only ones I've tried were it was actually fun and worked well were Killzone 3 and LittleBigPlanet 2 (and sadly, that's just some DLC levels that really use it, otherwise there's no difference between it and a Dualshock). Everything else I've tried didn't have proper sensitivity settings to adjust how fast you want the cursor to move and/or the game is just easier to play with a regular controller.