Unlocking Ace (185,000 points)

MrGame004

Although this method takes a bit of time you can do it by yourself on normal mode. Good if you don't have an extra controller.

Play up to the 3rd or 4th boss (forgot which level), but it's the boss with the spider hands that takes out red meteors, and have at least 100,000 points by then.

* If you don't have the laser then wait because after the boss blows up the meteors power-ups come out. (Try and pick up every single power-up and life you get 50 points just for doing so). Blow up the red meteors before the boss does and get points for it. They will usually be lined up and a good shot can take out 4 meteors at a time. You'll get about 100-200 points each time.

Be patience and get the 185,000, if not, then get 130,00-140,000 and finish the game off. You'll get it before then.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the achievement was actually pretty easy, all I did was try to destroy as many enemies as a could, and pick up every single power-up you find, If you have missles use them like all 4 at a time because another power-up will come along and every power-up you pick up is 50 points, but you should have like 165,000 to 170,000 in there i had 167,000 and the last boss gives you 20,000 points automatically so i had 187,000 at the end of the game. Really easy achivement though i think.

• 1 month later...

Only one boss does that actually work just to clear things up its the one who gives out all the meteors the rest of them for some reason the power-ups dont give you points... and I noticed that after a couple thousand on the meteor boss he stopped giving me points too... so its a decent place to catch up any points your missing but dont expect too much... Also I was at 110,000 when i beat that guy i ended up my game with 188,000 so thats about where you want to be at that part....

• 2 weeks later...

Another tip is if you have the laser weapon destroy the red asteroid things during a stage as those give you points. Also you will still get points for destroying an enemy is you use the disable field weapon. Another thing is that during the boss fights the enemies that appear during the battle DO NOT give you any points. Also once the big green enemies appear make sure to kill them, they net you about 300 points apiece.

The best tip I've found though is to have a friend help you by doing all the piloting while you do all the shoooting. It makes it easier so you don't have to worry about dodging or the asteroids, you can fully focus on killing enemies. Plus being in a formation makes you weapons better.

All in all this achievement was easier to get than I thought it would be. My first time trying I got 184,590. There's no need to play it on Insane as it would just be too much added trouble.

Play this on normal while using a second controller, or friend who doesn't mind doing nothing online, let them attach to you so you are flying and only let them shoot when there is a boss...this way the powerups will be more powerful and you'll get some help on the boss fights. When you pick up powerups, make sure and fly up into them so that your ship gets it and not the bottom, sometimes it doesn't work though.

If you focus on shooting meteors with the laser powerup and getting as many weapons as possible even if you don't need them it should only one or two tries.

Hope that helps...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...