Getting a bit frustrated....

Hello Frnds!

I've been playing continuum shift since christmas. I'm really enjoying it, but quite frankly, i suck something hard at it D:

I've managed to 100% everyones stories, but am having difficulty getting the character specific acheivements, and am finding it difficult to get on with any character except Jin, though i do quite like Rachel, Tsubaki and Ragna.

I'm ok-ish with Jin, and i managed an Arcade mode on Hell with Jin on calamity trigger on PSP, and i got all the way to unlimited Rachel on CS score attack (but now i can't seem to get past tager :/)

I am also having extreme difficulty with challenge mode, and have only really been able to complete 2 of each characters challenges.

I've had a bit of success performing some of the simpler commands (like the quarter circles and the commands where you roll from forward to back, then push foward again.) I use the analog stick, as the dpads kinda annoying.

Anyways, i was wondering if anyone had some tips for getting the input right for some of the moves (particularly the ones where you have to do a double quarter circle, i really can't do those). Also, are there anybody out there who would be willing to play a bit with me and tell me what i need to do to improve?

My GT is Simperheve

Thanks Frnds!

I too have trouble with this game. The only advice I can give is to buy all DLC characters if you haven't already as their challenges are easy and if you can do 7 challenges with each one (I can only manage 4/5 though) you'll net 120G.

I can't play using the analog stick to save my life, so I use the D-Pad. When I started the game I couldn't do double 236 moves either, so to get you started I'd say to hold the controller at an angle and rock the lower left corner of the D-Pad twice and then press either A, B, C or D along with it. You'll pick them up eventually. It's those 263 moves that I can't do :(

Hope this helps you, certainly helped me :)

Ah, those pesky 263 moves used to get me, but its quite manageable with the analog stick, i usually bring it down, then rotate it back up. It usually works.

I was trying to do Hazamas acheivement to keep the opponent airborne for longer than 7 seconds, found out all you need to do is his astral heat. And i found it extremely frustrating to do :x I didn't manage it in the end xD

I was playing a player match earlier using Tsubaki, imma kinda getting the hang of her now, though all my combos seem to have the sheild bash in there somewhere xD

i use jin and i would say im decent but, practice his combo's and chains in challenge mode, that what i do other than that you can zone your opponents with ice shards (cheap but effective) the timing for most moves i would say is that after you finish the motion with the analog stick you hit the corresponding attack button

Ah, those pesky 263 moves used to get me, but its quite manageable with the analog stick, i usually bring it down, then rotate it back up. It usually works.

I was trying to do Hazamas acheivement to keep the opponent airborne for longer than 7 seconds, found out all you need to do is his astral heat. And i found it extremely frustrating to do :x I didn't manage it in the end xD

I was playing a player match earlier using Tsubaki, imma kinda getting the hang of her now, though all my combos seem to have the sheild bash in there somewhere xD

That, oddly enough, is part of her gameplan XD. Concerning Hazama's achievement, just try doing his astral finish, and that animation is more than 7 seconds long. This should still work, unless that got patched out. If it did, well, uh...nuts lol.

Just a kindy feed back to the top about score attack:

I am no good using Tager but I use him clear on beginning mode

Usually Drive cause magnetic + roll B deal 3700 damage, make 2 roll with some more damage to gain 50% heat, then hold :xbut:, the DD finish pretty much to finish score attack. (exception to unlimited Hazama, crazy DD encounter)

I read it from ps3trophie (bro site to 360a, hope it help)

Then lets get back here...

D-pad is a good thing, but still need to manage to do some 236236 or 632146 which stick is a better choose, maybe my main character are magical loli, butler, cat, numbered mech and seriously roll alot [wait, who won't roll?]... then I head back to use stick... (of course it now is so broken)

more, when ya get online, ya find some ppl get this game too over

played with a guy, PSR 0 then 50+ level? He is just too over it (And he is so damn tough too).

then when I jump back to ranked, 50 level with 50+ PSR? thanks for points mate...

thats is how I get frustrated:eek:

And hey, when r u guy helping me to put some combo on the thread for more newbie?:woop::woop: