All Chests, Maidens, & Runes

dtolley

• 2 weeks later...

Am I missing something? I completed the Level 4 and my secrets grand total equaled 16. But it was suppose to be 17. Is there a glitch there? Anyone?

I went through the thing like 5 times. Once I used all the save points. Then I didn't use all the save points. Then I tried not dying. Then I tried dying as little as possible. So confusing and frustrating. I am/have been playing on King mode. Anyone else having this problem?

Am I missing something? I completed the Level 4 and my secrets grand total equaled 16. But it was suppose to be 17. Is there a glitch there? Anyone?

I went through the thing like 5 times. Once I used all the save points. Then I didn't use all the save points. Then I tried not dying. Then I tried dying as little as possible. So confusing and frustrating. I am/have been playing on King mode. Anyone else having this problem?

The same exact thing happened to me... Did you ever figure it out?

I used the excel spreadsheet floating around here showing all maidens, runes, and chests. While the spreadsheet had 100 items total listed, I only had 98 secrets found even though I was very careful about getting them. I did end up getting all three achievements for the completion though. Maybe 2 of these secrets are so obvious they aren't considered secrets?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I used the guide on gamefaqs, and found those first 2 chests that it claims are missing, and got everything.

97 secrets. Got all of the maidens, runes, and chests.

There was that part where it says to ignore the innocents, but you NEED to save them to get the 2 chests. I just started grabbing axes, backed up, and threw them at the archers. Once I killed all 3, I went though the door and I had 2 chests waiting for me.

When I ignored them, I got zero chests. Knew I screwed up then, reloaded, and did the above.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

EDIT: 15/06/09 RIGHT THEN!

I have worked my way through the game and have now got the achievements. So thanks for the guide, and for the corrections, here's me giving my bit back to the community!

Just to put this all together in the one place, and remove any confusion...

At the end, having gotten 100% of collectibles, it told me that I'd found 97 secrets, so if you beat the sand dragon and it shows that you have only found 16 secrets instead of the 17 listed in the guide, you can ignore that and carry on regardless (thanks to JCMDoom for that). You will still get the achievements, as long as you have ticked off all 17 to that point.

Maiden 13 is not found where the guide tells you. Continue straight into the room to pick up 14 and 15. There is a maiden that is not listed in the guide, which is to be found behind a breakable wall by chest #41 - inside the castle, go up the stairs and into the room on the left.

You must take out the three archers on the balcony before chests 49 and 50, otherwise you might find one or both of them missing.

Also, Kernel's extra chest (see above). There is a chest which isn't mentioned in the guide. You shouldn't miss it but if you follow the guide to the letter then you just might! It is behind the save point right before chest 55.

There's no way I could have gotten all of these without the guide, thanks very much for putting it together :)

Edited by comeonchuffy
Got 'em ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
EDIT: 15/06/09 RIGHT THEN!

I have worked my way through the game and have now got the achievements. So thanks for the guide, and for the corrections, here's me giving my bit back to the community!

Just to put this all together in the one place, and remove any confusion...

At the end, having gotten 100% of collectibles, it told me that I'd found 97 secrets, so if you beat the sand dragon and it shows that you have only found 16 secrets instead of the 17 listed in the guide, you can ignore that and carry on regardless (thanks to JCMDoom for that). You will still get the achievements, as long as you have ticked off all 17 to that point.

Maiden 13 is not found where the guide tells you. Continue straight into the room to pick up 14 and 15. There is a maiden that is not listed in the guide, which is to be found behind a breakable wall by chest #41 - inside the castle, go up the stairs and into the room on the left.

You must take out the three archers on the balcony before chests 49 and 50, otherwise you might find one or both of them missing.

Also, Kernel's extra chest (see above). There is a chest which isn't mentioned in the guide. You shouldn't miss it but if you follow the guide to the letter then you just might! It is behind the save point right before chest 55.

There's no way I could have gotten all of these without the guide, thanks very much for putting it together :)

thx for the tips about 48&49...i tought thats a bug that i always cannt get them,lol.:drunk

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I used the walk through that IGN has.

http://guides.ign.com/guides/885362/page_4.html

or just google IGN Conan Walkthrough it will take you to the site.

The guide is pretty accurate except on 2 instances

Level 5 The site says that there are 2 maidens but there are three the pictures actually show the location.

The other one is on level 12 Well of Dreams the guide only shows 2 chests but there are 3. after i use this i was able to get al 64 chests. Hope this helps anyone that picks a copy of Conan.

#1 When you enter the canyon-ish area where you throw stone objects onto statues to open a door, the chest is in the ruins directly to your left.

#2 In the first cave, you'll come to a tar pit area with some monkeys and spear-bearers and a wall that is broken down by a white gorilla. To the left of this area is a ledge you can jump up to from the tar pit. Chest up here.

#3 At one point in the level, you'll be jumping from ledge to ledge while big drops of tar fall from the sky. At the end of this ledge sequence, you can drop down to a hidden balcony below.

• 1 year later...

I went through the game on hard and king mode and still missed the maiden and treasure collection achievements. Just used the IGN guide, with the 2 missed item suggestions a year later. I turned on all cheats, played on easy, and my play time was just over 3 hours. Treasure achievement popped 2nd to last treasure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...