Disk unreadable error fix

snake42069

Okay, for those of you who have encountered this, like me, it can be annoying. Follow these steps to make sure its your dragon age 2 thats busted and not a disk drive problem.

1. check another game. If the other game works fine, proceed to step 2.

3. Turn off the 360 (with disk in drive). Remove hard drive.

4. Turn the 360 back on, and open and close tray until the 360 notices the disk. If it pops on as soon as 360 boots, kudos to you. DO NOT START GAME YET.

5. While your 360 is still on, pop your Hard drive back in. Your display will turn off a couple times before it reloads the boot screen.

6. The disk should still be "read" allowing you to install the game to the hard drive and save your disk reader thing all the harsh punishment its going to suffer when playing this awesome game.

7. Play this awesome game.

If step 1 did not work for you, your disk reader is boned, and needs a call to microsoft for replacement. Though odds are if your reading this topic, i helped you. Enjoy the next chapter in the dragon age saga. I know i am.

Very odd timing for posting this, but I installed it on my hard drive last night, just to cut down on the noise my xbox makes while it's on. When I started it up this evening it wasn't reading the game while installed on my hard drive. This has happened with other games as my 360 is relatively old and out of warranty and has taken up to 2 straight hours of opening and closing the disc drive for a disc to read correctly.

oh awesome. someone else had this problem too : ) well not really awesome that we have this problem, but that im not the only one

my game goes into that initial loading screen (before the main menu), then pops up the "unreadable disc" message. i tried to install it but the "unreadable disc" message pops up during the installation and forces me to start over.

however i have not tried your method yet so hopefully it will work . so ill thank you if this works

the guy at gamestop suggested that it is because of my old console. so now i feel like i am screwed if i want to play future titles. but at least i have black ops and halo to keep me busy for the next five years. lol