Stomping Frog

catbhoy

I forget their real name but I'm on the level where you get the spear and encounter the anklegator (long grass) and there are Stomping Frogs that are difficult to kill and they do heaps of damage when they land on you.

Any help appreciated.

What weapons are you using? I prefer something fast since you only have a limited time to hit these guys. The trick is to let them jump and roll under them and get behind them as quickly as possible the moment they hit the ground. You only have a short window to hit their back, which is what you need to do. The Narrator says that hitting anything besides their rear will only make them angry. Hope this helps!

Later on, you can upgrade a variety of weapons (Including the Brusher Spear and the Dueling Pistols) with Armor-Piercing properties, making them far easier to deal with, since you'll be able to damage them with attacks from whichever side you like.

Oh, and I believe they're called 'Lunkheads'.

Either way, it's a good idea to upgrade a weapon to Armor-Piercing ASAP, and then making sure you've got it on you at all times - you run into a lot of armored foes later on, and having something armor-piercing makes them all MUCH easier to deal with.