whats the best set up including magics etc for soma

Minotaur souls are nice, as they raise strength, and Succubus souls will heal you every time you hit an enemy (good luck with the Succubus farming though). As far as his :bbut: souls, the utility souls shine for fast runs and farming (Yorick and Puppet Master are nice). I like to use Gergoth at the beginning of Chapter 3 + 4, but it does use up a lot of MP. For :rbbut:, I switch it up between Medusa Head (floating and sometimes float-moving), Buer, and Final Guard, depending on what I'm feeling.

For equipment, I think it's something like:

Claimh Solais

Dragon Helm

Dracula's Tunic

Mercury Boots (Samurai Leggings when I don't need speed)

Crimson Cape

Megingiord

Megingiord

Of course, the Claimh can be replaced with Valmanways if you get them, and the Winged Boots are better than Mercury, but 175 Drac runs in and I'm not so lucky. :rolleyes:

aint there some other boots too that everyone seems to wear, i aint even seen a valmanway appear in a party, im trying to do dracula runs too but cant seem to get online with any decent people or who have completed the game, and the soul farming aint doing too well as i dont seem to have many if any decent weapons for soma

If you're just starting out, you can try beating Normal mode with any of the different characters. I think I used Charlotte. After that, you get a whole lot of new items in the Shop.

For Soma, he has Soul Eater Rings that cost 200,000 gold each. This is pretty steep, but you can just run Hard Chapters (preferably with a character that can obtain weapons, so basically either Soma or Alucard) and just start selling your spoils. It doesn't matter if you die in the level or not either--you'll keep all your obtained items (and souls!). High luck also helps you obtain souls as well. Anyway, once you have saved up enough money you can buy one of these rings (stacking two helps out as well), and you'll have your souls pretty fast.

The way I beat hard mode was by using Charlotte, since she can obtain spells pretty easily in Normal mode. Death Scythe works pretty good on many bosses if you take the time to max it out, though Puppet Master can be a pain. If you make it to Chapter 5 Hard, you can just farm purple chests for Yasutsunas for Alucard, and at that point can solo any Chapter. That's how I did it. No need to even rely on multiplayer

This is my Soma setup right now

Weapon: Muramasa

Weapon: Silver Gun

RB: Final Guard

Support: Minotaur

Hunter Skills: Amalaric Sniper (9), Puppet Master (2), Disc Armor (9), Yorick (9)

Head: Samurai Helmet

Body: Demon's Mail

Legs: winged boots

Cape: Black Cloak

Access. 1: Megingiord

Access. 2: Megingiord

I like the setup because Disc Armor and Amalaric Sniper are my favourite offensive hunter skills and puppet master and yorick are really helpful for getting around the level (also I don't have a soul ring on because I heard they don't affect boss soul drops and that's all I need)

Here's an updated version of my Soma I'm using now. I still need souls for Succubus and Buer, so depending on what my party is like, I'll switch out the Megingiords for Soul Eater Rings.

Weapon: Valmanway

Weapon: RPG

RB: Buer (7)

Support: Succubus (5)

Hunter Skills: Nova Skeleton (9), Yorick (8), Disc Armor (9), Puppet Master (1)

Body: Dracula's Tunic or Ancient Armor (for Chapter 6 hard runs).

Legs: Samurai Leggings

Cape: Crimson Cloak

Access. 1: Megingiord or Soul Eater Ring

Access. 2: Megingiord or Soul Eater Ring

I'm currently working on getting Winged Boots and a second Valmanway, aswell as any missing souls.

Ideally, you would want to have something along the lines of:

(Copying everyone's format since it's nice :p)

RB: Buer (9) or Medusa Head (1-9) for chapter's 3 and 5

Support: Succubus (9) if you want to self-heal otherwise Minotaur (9)

Hunter Skills: Yorick (9) is the only static one, the others you can use as you please

Body: Dracula's Tunic or Berserker Mail if you're confident enough in yourself to not get hit

Legs: Winged Boots

Back: Crimson Cloak

Ring: Soul Eater for getting souls, Megingiord otherwise

Ring: Soul Eater for getting souls, Megingiord otherwise

That's basically all I rotate in and out. I really never bother with Soma's other souls besides Yorick and the occasional Puppet Master if I'm about to miss a jump, but I've heard that Amalaric Sniper and Disc Armor are both very useful.

Medusa Head is good for hitting Death when he stands still and floats in place and also for floating in front of Menace's (Chapter 3) knee/heart to destroy it, otherwise the additional damage from a level 9 Buer soul adds a great amount of damage to your normal attacks.

Hey, guys. I have a quick question about Claimh Solais. Do you just equip STR to boost its power? Reason I ask is because I saw some other soma using it and was hitting the big Final Guard guys for 15 dmg/hit. For me and my equipment, I was only hitting for 4 lol. Here's what I have:

Claimh Solais

Samurai Helmet

Dracula's Tunic

Samurai Leggings

Crimson Cloak

Megingord

Soul Eater Ring

Minotaur Soul (9)

Now I understand he was probably using Berserker Mail, but doesn't that just double your damage? Meaning his base damage had to be around 7/8. How? I just don't see anything else I could equip to raise the attack (other than Berserker's), and I really don't think a second Megingord will up my damage from 4 to 7/8 on the Final Guard.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was in a full room, and that's not the special attack damage either (it was around 50-something on Final Guard). So, yeah, just wondering if anyone has any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was in a full room, and that's not the special attack damage either (it was around 50-something on Final Guard). So, yeah, just wondering if anyone has any ideas. Thanks in advance.

You could try another Megingiord I guess, but I think you need to use the Dragon Helm, which lowers the enemy's DEF. This should give you the results you're looking for.

Megingiords for offence and satan ring for all state except atk, I used 2 megingiords as +6 ATK, pretty cool stuff.

Weapon: RPG

RB: Medusa's Head

Support: Succubus (9)

Hunter Skills: Yorick (9), Gergoth(9), Fire Demon(9), Puppet Master

Body: Ancient Armor/ Berserker Mail

Legs: Winged Boots

Back: Crimson Cloak

Ring: Astral Ring

Ring: Thief Ring/ Megingiord/ Skull Ring

A gergoth blast thought most enemy in 1 go and valmanway + succubus + astral ring heal you life quick so it is fun. Medusa head + Yorick + puppet master make Soma become a treasure hunter so you won't miss chest box in any chapter

Hi there LosT3PropheT sry for the bad timings tonite :) but i was on a streak with some american potheads and pissed them of with two walmanways drops in a raw...

I got pretty the same setup as you but earlyer i went with walmanway,Kris Naga (my 2nd best single handed weapon for higher attack) then thief ring & souleater ring (sometimes chaos or satan) but i got two megingjord at the time i got my 2nd an 3rd walmanway even i screamed wtf...and i got about 270 dracula kills btw

Can anyone confirm this? I'm done collecting minion souls and all I need now are boss souls. I'm pretty damned pissed that I still haven't gotten one single Puppet Master soul yet.

From my experience, higher luck and no damage runs are the best ways to get boss souls.