All Mission Mode Videos

Finally finished the 320 mission achievement thanks alot for the vids helped loads for timing and spacing, some combos i just couldn't pull off on a pad namely most of Amaterasu's weapon switch combos and Storm/Sentinal's QCB-S mid air combos but other than that it wasn't to bad thx again.

I hear you man, I'm thinking about doing them all again on another tag and making some written descriptions on the harder missions to compliment Vesper's visual aids; when I had originally started it felt like a lot of them had many variables that contribute to successfully pulling them off, but I'm starting to think it's just because I wasn't used to the engine when I started.

so i've done about 290 of these challenges, and the only ones that are really getting in my way are the ones that follow an air sequence (usually something like M(air ) M(air ) H(air) S(air))

Then following up with a partner of some kind, it's almost always x-23 as her ankle slice picks people up off the ground (except when you are x-23 in which case it's magneto)

My question is whats the timing on this? i've always been able to hit it right as my person hits the ground, but that's never fast enough, is there some trick?

so i've done about 290 of these challenges, and the only ones that are really getting in my way are the ones that follow an air sequence (usually something like M(air ) M(air ) H(air) S(air))

Then following up with a partner of some kind, it's almost always x-23 as her ankle slice picks people up off the ground (except when you are x-23 in which case it's magneto)

My question is whats the timing on this? i've always been able to hit it right as my person hits the ground, but that's never fast enough, is there some trick?

Whilst I don't have frame data or anything to back me up, I can practically guarantee the timing on an assist after any character's launcher->j.S combo is the same every time; once you can do one mission with that combo style consistently, you can bring out the assists in all the other similar missions consistently as well.

[Edit: Actually, there seems to be ways of changing the fall speed after a launcer->j.S combo depending on how many moves and such are involved...but essentially, every character's launcher, j.M, j.M, j.H, j.S combo seems to drop them all at the same speed to make the assist the same timing]

The way I do it is I treat it like a link, but instead of a link off of a move I use the moment the screen scrolls back down to the normal angle. You can't visually confirm when your character has touched down on the ground because it's too tight a link, so it's tricky at first but it is definitely very possible to get muscle memory for it. What I originally did was I'd watch the mission's instructions on the left to see if the "Player 1/Player 2" would disappear or not, but as that's not available in actual matches I kept the vague timing for it and adapted it to the screen scroll.

Edited by Didi Mau

Thank you so much OP!

Could you make a video tutorial for the Z-move (:dright:, :ddown:, :ddown:+:dright:) with the 360-controller, please?

I'm not able to perform this move. I mess around with the D-pad on the original 360-controller. With the Left Stick, I often perform half-circles or quarter-circles... Damn.

I will never land this: :dright:, :ddown:, :ddown:+:dright: !

I guess I will have to buy an Arcade-Stick, right? :(

Thank you so much OP!

Could you make a video tutorial for the Z-move (:dright:, :ddown:, :ddown:+:dright:) with the 360-controller, please?

I'm not able to perform this move. I mess around with the D-pad on the original 360-controller. With the Left Stick, I often perform half-circles or quarter-circles... Damn.

I will never land this: :dright:, :ddown:, :ddown:+:dright: !

I guess I will have to buy an Arcade-Stick, right? :(

Go to training mode, turn Input Display on, and do the motion as slowly as possible- do it so slowly that the move won't even register once you press the attack button. Once you're doing it consistently with no additional inputs in between (let's say, ten times in a row), speed it up a little- it's only logical that the faster you try to input the motion the more likely it is that you'll make an erroneous input, so start off slow and work your speed up over time. Once you can consistently perform the special move off of a standing attack, try learning how to do them off a crouching attack- like Lyre says, there's no shortcut for the input in this game so you'll need to still input F,D,DF even when performing crouching attacks.

There's absolutely no reason to think a stick will help you unless you already know how to use one, don't spend your money on one if you don't see yourself investing some serious time into the game. Both controllers require practice to use, the analogue stick is definitely good enough for shoryuken motions (stay away from the d-pad in my opinion, though :p)

@Didi Mau

Thanks, I will practice.

I was too impatient, 'cause it seemed to me that MvsC 3 would be easier than Super Street Fighter Turbo HD Remix or SSF4.

Anyway, the more I try playing fighting games, the more I like them (even though I feel CAPCOM has became too lazy: I don't like the menus and the roster on MvsC 3, just my opinion...).

Well, I will keep on practicing and I will try to play better the Street Fighter brand, Blazblue and Mortal Kombat.

Full Immersion...:) 'Cause I'm getting tired of FPS...

Thanks.

In this game you CAN NOT use input FD D FD to launch a F D FD move. (You can do this in SSF4)

So you have to input F D FD exactly.

Now THIS helps me a lot! I'm so used to inputting FD F FD just like in SSF4 that I was doing here in MvC3 and was wandering why it was so hard for me to do my special moves.

:woop: