How do you guys find this game??

Blazman83

just got it yesterday, along with a few other games for christmas...havent touched the others yet, been addicted to Splatterhouse! if you arent expecting anything more than a (sometimes) hectic hack-n-slash with an upgradeable character you wont be disappointed. the game does exactly what it is designed for: put lots of enemies in front of you for you to kill in various ways. it is extremely fun, just dont come in expecting dragon quest! :D

I think it's a good game with lots of blood, hot collectibles :biglaugh and some fucking cool conversations/verdicts between them two main characters. Since I ONLY listening to Black-Music I can not say much about the soundtrack (Heavy Metal Beats).

It's worth a rent, but guess not worth buying for.

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I'd say 4.5 or 5 out of 10 is fair for this game.

Why would a reviewer give it additional points just for including the originals? Yeah, it's a cool little bonus, but it doesn't add/take away from the game they are actually reviewing.

Anyway, this game is about as well-developed as Afro Samurai (actually, that game is probably better). It's pretty clear they just wanted to get this done as quickly and cheaply as possible. As soon as I saw Gamebryo on the opening splash screen, I knew there'd be lots of "easter eggs" to discover... too bad that means "rotten" eggs.

God, I love the modern age of game development... *sigh*.

Splatterhouse turned out to be a guilty pleasure. Game is a mediocre button masher, but once I got used to the aggrivating BS like the cheap instant deaths and blue skeletons, I started to like it. Mostly because of Jim Cummings. It made the game feel like I was playing an off beat darkly humorous Disney game where Mickey Mouse kept saying F*** and S*** and telling me to kill my parents and hump the corpses of my fallen enemies. Good times. I don't know why people keep saying the mask sounds like Darkwing Duck. Out of ALL THE DISNEY CHARACTERS (all of them it seems) that guy voices, it sounds a lot like Pete the cat from Goof Troop/various other Disney cartoons and not a damn bit like Darkwing.

The absolute worst thing about Splatterhouse is the loading times tho.

Anyway, this game is about as well-developed as Afro Samurai (actually, that game is probably better).

BARF! No way! Afro Samurai is a mess! Splatterhouse tends to get aggrivating from the cheap BS it pulls on you, but Afro is waaaaaay worse for even dumber reasons.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...