Most satisfying %100

Pistonrod

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the best time I've had completing a game was Red Dead Redemption. Tackling the ~700 :gsicon: of online achievements with the XBA community was a very special blend of extraordinarily frustrating and extremely fun. Dirty and I had a fair few times when we really just stopped trying and spent a couple of hours absolutely faffing about pointlessly (hump-trot races to see who could fall off a cliff first; obviously I won every time). It took a lot of hours and a lot of coordination. It's definitely a favorite among my gaming experiences.

Fallout 3 or Skyrim were the most satisfying completions for me, just such incredible games. Though if we were being specific about which achievement that got you to 100% was the most satisfying, then finally getting all 700 comics in The Amazing Spider-Man game would take that crown.

Satisfying? This is always tough for me. Since as the time between finishing a game and the present gets larger, it may not impress me as much that I did it.

I guess overall I'd say all the dance and exercise games, as sweating for a few hours every day and seeing the completion feels really good.

But, I know some hold their shininess over time. Some I had to put a lot of effort into finishing (the Japanese titles with little info around the 'net, like Aquazone and Dream C Club), some I thought I'd never finish (Boom Boom Rocket, Hexic HD, Braid, Midnight Club: Los Angeles), or games other achievement hunters dislike for various reasons (Far Cry 2, Naughty Bear).

Most satisfying 100% for me was either of the Souls games. I'll give the edge to Dark Souls though because I never in a million years thought I'd be able to do it.

Dark Souls 2 is a worthy contender though. That game made me a lot more mad and angry because of its cheapness but that made it that much more satisfied when I completed it.

• Dark Souls
    I never thought in million years I would like the game, let alone fall in love with it. The completion still sits as my number 1 most proud and satisfying completion.

• Soul Calibur 5
    For the Quick Battles mode alone, fucking cheap as fucking hell. Also never planned on completing it, it was just something I was doing to kill time in between rounds of gamerscore comp. Ended up finishing it, much to my surprise.

Red Dead Redemption because it was a ton of fun and I only had to boost two of the achievements. Fortunately I played at the peak and was pretty good at MP (at one point in the top 200 in gold rush) so most of the online achievements came as I enjoyed the game.

Skyrim because I thought it was an amazing game. I enjoyed oblivion but just breezed through it to get 100% (probably because I didn't play it until skyrim came out) but I took more time with skyrim and put 150 hours into it before hitting 100%. I'm a fan of first person RPG and it seems like you don't come across them too often on consoles.

• 1 month later...

Left 4 Dead but Deadrising 1 is a very close second. Both are far from easy. Most will tell you they could be brutal ha ha lol.

Cod 2, and 4 were cool too. I got 1000 within two days of each of them. 4 was very hard and annoying my goodness i hated that sp so boring and the characters were forgetable and annoying. Shut the fuck up Price i used to scream at the tv. He would repeat himself over and over like he had dementia.

Edited by Deadsea 1993