"Save Game" browser problems post patch (more than 100 saves?)

BrinkX

Update 1/10/2013: Just like Dreadstar (thx) and others have stated, it looks like this problem starts happening once you get over 100 saves and to fix the problem just start deleting old saves until you get below that number... worked for me last night!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Original post...)

Last night, I was playing after the recent update was installed. When I would go to save I noticed that if I picked "Empty Slot", the save was not showing at the top of the list. In fact now I have saves from 1/7, 1/6 and 1/8 in differing order at the top of my list… it no longer seems to be showing my saves in chronological order. I started looking through my list of saves to see if I could find the newest ones and sure enough about halfway down the list there they were. Weird?! Also, if I overwrote an existing save, the save would remain (generally) in the same spot at the one being overwritten instead of moving to the top of the list like it always did before yesterday (again it is supposed to be in date/time order, so the newest save would be at the top of the list). Weird?

Anyway the only thing I have found about this topic was on Steam's website:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/200510/discussions/0/864948300061233936/

A number of people in the thread mentioned that it might be caused by the user having 100 or more save entries (I am not at home, so I can't check my saves). Has anyone else been experiencing this problem since yesterday? The thread mentions removing a number of your older saves to resolve the problem and I will attempt that tonight, but I wanted to see if anyone else was having the same problem and had any ideas on what to do to fix it.

Edited by BrinkX
Found fix to the problem...