Why would they ruin gears of war,with this sequel?

harvinator2000

Ive had this game for about a week,i loved the campaign and horde was amazing.I dont think ive ever been excited for a game as i have been for this one,but when i played online for the first time i was shocked.Online is terrible,its nothing like the first one.Shotguns are like pea shooters,sniper rifles are as rare as unicorn shit.When you do find one they are like super soakers.

The maps look great but all you will get is people firing morters at either end and people sitting there with grinders.You cant run around the map because everone has planted grenades everywhere.If you do have a one on one battle your guaranteed they will throw there smoke at you,which now acts like a bomb and downs you.Then finish you off with a chainsaw.

You cant choose your exact game type or level you want to play anymore as you cant be host,it now has to be voted on.The ranking system is not needed and just makes me think they have taken to many idears this time from halo.Which is a real bad thing because i hate halo with a passion.

It might be just me and my brother who are gutted and you guys might enjoy it,please let me know if your enjoying online or do i need to see a doctor.Pros and cons of online only please,i know single player and horde are legendary.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup im with you, in a patch i will take out the planted granades, they run fast to your spawn and put a lot of planted granades there :(. The mortar i think is ok because is the same as the hammer of dawn that was previously lol. I think the host is like COD the system choose which one is going to be.

Ive had this game for about a week,i loved the campaign and horde was amazing.I dont think ive ever been excited for a game as i have been for this one,but when i played online for the first time i was shocked.Online is terrible,its nothing like the first one.Shotguns are like pea shooters,sniper rifles are as rare as unicorn shit.When you do find one they are like super soakers.

The maps look great but all you will get is people firing morters at either end and people sitting there with grinders.You cant run around the map because everone has planted grenades everywhere.If you do have a one on one battle your guaranteed they will throw there smoke at you,which now acts like a bomb and downs you.Then finish you off with a chainsaw.

You cant choose your exact game type or level you want to play anymore as you cant be host,it now has to be voted on.The ranking system is not needed and just makes me think they have taken to many idears this time from halo.Which is a real bad thing because i hate halo with a passion.

It might be just me and my brother who are gutted and you guys might enjoy it,please let me know if your enjoying online or do i need to see a doctor.Pros and cons of online only please,i know single player and horde are legendary.

It sounds like they made truly RANKED matches finally. It sounds like you don't like a completely level playing field, meaning no one is host setting up a match the way they want it, there's no one that's just starting out playing against you, who is probably good, etc....

I'm sure it has player matches that you can set up and aren't ranked, go play those.

If it doesn't, sorry. Welcome to the world of fair game play, where people aren't forced to be slaughtered constantly because they can't sit home and play all day and night.

Wasn't the first one made specifically so you need to use the cover system instead of running up to an enemy and noobing with the shotgun? From what you describe, it seems that using the cover system is needed with this game, which isn't that bad.

I hope they don't take the grenades out, but if their being placed everywhere something must be done. Don't you spawn with just 1 grenade?

In the first gears it was 2 smoke and frag, i don't think they'll change it

No you Dont respawn with a frag grenade just with one i think is smoke or stunt (i dont remember right) which dont kill you lol.

@Demon i think he want to play those public matches because in there you can get the public achievements.

If that is true you are a huge fucking asshole for not putting spoiler tags, why don't you edit your post so nobody else see's this shit.

As far as im aware i didnt say anything to spoil the ending...like what the final boss is and what not :) i just said i was dissapointed by it...

I don't care how often you use the forums, you don't post the ending of a game that many people are looking forward to and isn't officially out for another week!

Excuse me...did i tell people how it ended? I didnt exactly say ALOT of how it ended did I mate?

Is this all you do, look to pick fights on forums cause someone doesn't know how to use spoiler tags? or someone told u the complete ending of a game (WHICH I DIDNT FUCKING DO)

you need to chill man...

calm the fuck down obviously you can see i dont use this fricken forum often...god take a better approach next time

can someone tell me how...?

Thats why you ask people how to do something before you post something. If nobody tells you which i highly doubt use the search button.

I'm pissed because know i know something about the ending.

You still need to edit your post so you don't mess it up for other people who don't have it yet.

Thats why you ask people how to do something before you post something. If nobody tells you which i highly doubt use the search button.

I'm pissed because know i know something about the ending.

You still need to edit your post so you don't mess it up for other people who don't have it yet.

Edited...Sorry....

Excuse me...did i tell people how it ended? I didnt exactly say ALOT of how it ended did I mate?

Is this all you do, look to pick fights on forums cause someone doesn't know how to use spoiler tags? or someone told u the complete ending of a game (WHICH I DIDNT FUCKING DO)

you need to chill man...

1. I don't see how this is a fight...?

2. I'm really not stressed, im layed back, watching mock the week, it's extremely funny.

3.http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36098

Thanks very much Giraffe...

and yeah so i made a mistake...all i can do is apologise. So i'm sorry.

Life goes on...there will be more games and many more things that are more depressing than finding out the ending to Gears Of War 2...

As long as you dont tell me the ending to My Horse and Me 2 then we're good ;)

@Dr. twinkletits

I am getting really f'ing tired of people bitching about spoilers.

Stay the F out of these forums if you haven't played or finished the game. Honestly, WTF do you expect to hear in theses forums???

Calling another user an "a-hole" because YOU didn't have the foresight to stay away??? That's like watching a post game show for a football game you missed and getting furious at the announcers for filling you in on what happened.

Use discretion my friend, and try not to be an ass on a mistake YOU made.

Edited by Nylan