British Xbox Live Gold subscription cards.

Metabolic XBA

Sorry if there is a thread on this already but the search function wasn't working for me, I just got a blank screen.

Does anyone know of a site where I can buy a British xbox live sub code? I am originally from England and moved out to the US a few years ago but I didn't want to give up my gamertag. I found a site last year but can't remember what the site was, I can go through xboxlive.com and pay with paypal but I am holding out on that as a last resort becuase the exchange rate would mean paying $15 over the normal price for a 12 month sub.

Do you not have any friends or family living in England that you get to purchase one and message you the code? If you do, then I've noticed that Game have a 12 month live sub for £30

This. I think the price has been reduced to £30 in a lot of stores and online, it's worth looking into.

Surely if you called Support they could do something about it being a UK gamertag? Thats what i would do, the other day my subscription cancelled because my card expired, I was paying £6 a month, phoned microsoft and the guy gave me a year for £18, paid on the phone with my bank card. Surely thats easier than sending codes and transferring money?

Surely if you called Support they could do something about it being a UK gamertag? Thats what i would do, the other day my subscription cancelled because my card expired, I was paying £6 a month, phoned microsoft and the guy gave me a year for £18, paid on the phone with my bank card. Surely thats easier than sending codes and transferring money?

You would think so right? But no. If I call the local support they won't even talk to me about my account because it's British. I have to call the UK support at international rates and I doubt they would do much for me anyway because all my bank cards are American and I can't use them on the site because they region lock everything. Back in November I spent $50 on a CoD Elite sub only to find it was invalid on my account because of the region after 3 months of Gamestop, Activision and Microsoft bouncing me around and passing the buck to the other guy I just gave up, wrote off my $50 and now have a fully paid Elite that's about as much use as tits on a bull.

It's amazing how hard it is to get them to do anything about Xbox live if the problem comes down to you benig in another region. It took me six months just to get them to remove my old defunt debit card so I could even use prepaid codes to do anything. I don't see why they can't just make em universal but apparently that's out too.

Look like your best bet is to get one sent over from UK dude. A right ball ache but at least you will get a decent price. I was lucky when I got my Gold sub last year. From the dashboard, I got a deal that cost me £23.99 for the year. Deals like that won't come around often, but Game do have a 3 month sub and 800 MSP for £14.99 as well. Hope you work something out.

Try ShopTo.net

They will send you the code online in seconds after payment

Only if you fit this criteria:

Due to the limited availability of digital stock and problems with attempted fraud we have had to block

purchases of digital products from customers who have not had an active card on our system for more than 30 days.

OK I assume the links I gave were of no use :/

I do agree that shopto are the best but are restrictive on "getting in". Although I was also under the impression that Gold Subs were region free, only the points are region locked. You should just pick up a sub in the US and use that one.

I'd suggest trying out a one month card first, just to be safe...

And as for the CoD Elite sub, go sell it on cheapassgamer.com instead of wasting your cash. lol