Deep Black review

Never even heard of this out of no where title but I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by it. Don't get me wrong as its definitely not a game changer in any way, shape, or form but for $10 this (I thought) is a very decent 3rd person/underwater shooter. Voice acting is hilariously bad, and the story you will not care about, but the graphics and controls are pretty solid and its a decent length. While I haven't completed it yet I just finished the 1st act and I would say it took me about 2 hours. Achievement wise its INCREDIBLY easy so that's a good plus for all the achievement hunters out there. All in all I'm pretty satisfied with this title. I've bought much worse for $10 (Amy for instance, though if anyone enjoyed it that's 100% cool, to each his own). Not bad at all for the price.

This game was incredibly dull to me. The AI is too stupid to be any fun to play against. The only thing they ever do is run between the same two pieces of cover, looking like idiots. Every single firefight throughout the entire game is the same; you take cover and wait for them to move and then shoot them. Repeat for 6 hours straight.

The bosses are even worse! They're so stupid that you can defeat them by circling the same piece of cover as they fill it with lead. So boring and easy to outsmart.

In my opinion, the game is just terrible and the $10 price tag is not an excuse. There are hundreds of $10 games on XBLA and dozens upon dozens of them are way better than this. Also, the beta for Hybrid - a similar and much better-looking game - is coming out tomorrow. Screw this game and wait for that.

This game was incredibly dull to me. The AI is too stupid to be any fun to play against. The only thing they ever do is run between the same two pieces of cover, looking like idiots. Every single firefight throughout the entire game is the same; you take cover and wait for them to move and then shoot them. Repeat for 6 hours straight.

The bosses are even worse! They're so stupid that you can defeat them by circling the same piece of cover as they fill it with lead. So boring and easy to outsmart.

In my opinion, the game is just terrible and the $10 price tag is not an excuse. There are hundreds of $10 games on XBLA and dozens upon dozens of them are way better than this. Also, the beta for Hybrid - a similar and much better-looking game - is coming out tomorrow. Screw this game and wait for that.

Thats cool man, to each his own. Just for me personally I didnt find it too bad. I've paid much worse so in that regard (to me) it isnt that bad for the $10 asking price.

Agreed! I pllayed the trial and seemed terrible to me, very amateurish. Doesn't come across as a game that's been in development for so long. Easy 'skip' from me.