time trial

Phrozan

• 3 months later...

I really wish there wer videos on youtube or something so I could see how people were hitting the balls in on good times. I have one where all the balls are in a circle and it takes me like 2 min and 23 seconds to complete. That is way to long. I have shaved off 2 minutes and 30 seconds since I last posted this thread but I still need to get to 12 minutes and I am on at 15 minutes and 45 seconds. Seems like a long way to go :(

So if anyone has any good tips or videos of each table I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I would love to know how the top people on the leaderboards in time trial get like 6 minutes that is just ridiculous. I can't believe you can do all that, that fast!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well there isn't a specific way of achieving the more difficult ones.

What i did was go through the easier ones first.

For example the second table ws 18 seconds for me.

Decided it wasn't good enough and tried again, got me 9 seconds.

(Hit the top row at full strength, backspin all the way, and a little tilting with X. Hit it just right and everything goes in, leaving the white on the edge)

Which leaves you 52 seconds to spare on other ones.

The circle one, which is by far the most annoying to me, cost me more than the minute. In the end i put in the top center one, and with spin put in the bottom one as well. From there tried potting the others gently keeping the cue ball in the center. In the end you wont be able to keep it there, but i got 4 balls in that way which only took me 20/25 seconds.

The stupid thing is indeed that you only have to reach under 13 minutes instead of the 12, but who's complaining.

The other camera point of view was realy helpfull as well, shaving off the seconds with lining it up before it stopped rolling.

Would like to tell you more, but it's trial and error for the biggest part ;)

Btw in case some people didn't know, instead of adding your times, check the leaderboard for time trial to see your total time.

Only advice I would add is - on tables where the balls are clumped together, hit the front ball at max power, and if you don't pot at least two balls off the break immediately quit and retry - got the final one down in under 78 seconds in the end that way...

EDIT and just got my total time under 12 minutes - 87th in the world, nice...