List of Known Credit Boosting Methods

ODST Kayne

Hey all,

I don't know if this has been posted already, but I found an easy way to get vehicular commendation to silver for firefight. Use the beach level, gruntocalypse, and get on the back of the warthog as soon as the match starts. Sprint power will help to get there asap. Use the turret to kill the first few grunts if they are spawned in front of you. Then, drive the warthog a little up ahead from where you just were. From there, use the turret and kill every grunt you see. You get invincible and over 100 kills a match real easy. No grunts spawn to the side of you, so no need to worry about them flanking you. You have a great angle from this point of view. Also you will get some perfectionist as well if you go for onyx with this one. Hope this helps with ranking up to Lt. Colonel!

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

I don't know if this has been posted already, but I found an easy way to get vehicular commendation to silver for firefight. Use the beach level, gruntocalypse, and get on the back of the warthog as soon as the match starts. Sprint power will help to get there asap. Use the turret to kill the first few grunts if they are spawned in front of you. Then, drive the warthog a little up ahead from where you just were. From there, use the turret and kill every grunt you see. You get invincible and over 100 kills a match real easy. No grunts spawn to the side of you, so no need to worry about them flanking you. You have a great angle from this point of view. Also you will get some perfectionist as well if you go for onyx with this one. Hope this helps with ranking up to Lt. Colonel!

There is also a ghost on this level...makes it easier because you can move/sideshift etc. for sticky grenades

I think I found a better level to do the Nice Arm boosting. It uses the same method as before but I find it a lot quicker to get to than in Winter Contingency. You already start with two grenades and you can get to the spot very early in the mission; literally less than a minute.

Start up the mission Long Night of Solace. As soon as you spawn, start sprinting forward through the mission. Keep sprinting until you get a checkpoint. You should see a dropship getting ready to drop some Grunts. Sprint towards it and use the same method from the previous tutorial and simply throw two grenades as the Grunts start to land. It should give you a couple of kills. Revert to last save/checkpoint and repeat.

Does anyone know if you can get banned or get reset for doing the ONI Sword Base thing?

Good evening,

We are in the process of applying credit resets to approximately 15,000 users who we have identified as the most egregious Challenge Reset abusers.

A one day credit earning ban has also been applied, mostly to ensure that recipients receive an in-game notification of the action taken.

As with any such measure, we have taken the time to carefully select our criteria to eliminate false positives.

A more comprehensive pass will be occuring in the coming week as our automated Banhammer mechanisms grow accurate enough to satisfy our high bar for burden of proof. If you are thinking about getting an easy 50k credits by using this exploit, I would strongly advise you to reconsider.

Thank you, and please direct any discussion of these resets to this thread.

Edit 1: a point of clarification. No bans were handed out tonight for

a) Playing too much Gruntpocalypse (no such thing!)

b) Using the target locator too much (no such thing!)

Specifically, we targeted an exploit that allowed players to complete a Challenge 20+ times via itentional network manipulation (i.e., disconnects.)

Spot checks have revealed the telltale signature of this behavior on every denier so far, so don't be fooled by the protests of innocence. We aren't.

I also heard of another boosting method, FORGE WORLD boosting. Idk too much about it but I heard if you leave your game on, you get crazy XP. MSG me on XBOX if you can confirm this or know anything about it. -Da CHES3CKE

GT: ANG3L0 CHES3CKE

Posts like this make me want to stab myself in the face :mad:

Havent personally tried this yet, but it looks promising and to be well within the realms of the currently non-banable offenses. Keep in mind that minds do change.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileShare.aspx?player=This%20is%20Tricky

First vid is the setup for the locator trick. Thats easy enough. Second trick waits until right after the checkpoint and tosses a grenade to kill himself. Game reloads toss grenade, wash, rinse repeat.

Best part is you can hold the LT down and repeat this with little to no effort.

Correct me if im wrong, but if you are in this for achievements does banning/reset really matter once the achievement unlocks? I mean you'll retain the achievement just not the rank should they decide to reset you. Anyway, just my two cents.

I'm confused, you kill yourself over and over again after the target locator missiles have been called?

Or what?

I don't get it.

Thats basically it. The locator is a delayed air strike and not an instant kill when the trigger is pulled. Basically you kill yourself just after the checkpoint while the strike is still killing people. Game reloads mid air strike and you get credit for the kills in the process. Basically it makes it where you hold down LT (to toss grenade) and it sticks the game in a loop of you earning credits.

Thats basically it. The locator is a delayed air strike and not an instant kill when the trigger is pulled. Basically you kill yourself just after the checkpoint while the strike is still killing people. Game reloads mid air strike and you get credit for the kills in the process. Basically it makes it where you hold down LT (to toss grenade) and it sticks the game in a loop of you earning credits.

Oh i see, i may try it.

But hide this don't let Bungie know! hahaha :)

What is the Sword Base thing? I'm looking for a good way to boost other than Gruntpocalypse (i'm bored of it now) without getting reset or banned.

been searching this forum for an explanation on the flawless cowboy technique...my eyes hurt. can anyone shed some light?

You're in the right thread to have your questions answered; Just look at the first post (youtube videos will show you how)! :p

(Also, no need to double post, there's an Edit option for a reason, lol)