Fallout: New Vegas Collector's Edition worth getting?

Gav LCFC

I initially thought the collectors edition was worth getting based on the making of DVD but that footage seems to just be all the dev diaries on one disc. The graphic novel ends with kind of an "awww shit it's on now" feel but is rather short. It also doesn't include nearly enough poker chips to be worth while; though the "platinum chip" has some nice heft and shine to it. I guess the deck of playing cards with New Vegas themed art work and description text is a bit unique.

though now that I think about it I kinda wish I would have got the normal edition and used the extra towards either the strategy guide (for it's interesting reading material and immediate help value) or more wisely towards another game.

If you like cards and gambling, the extras for the collector's edition are neat collectibles to have. But they didn't interest me at all.

I bought the Collector's Edition of Fallout 3 (still have my bobblehead sitting by my TV), and just the regular edition of New Vegas, and I feel like that was a good decision.

Meh it depends. I think the collector's edition of this game is really cool! However I didn't think it was worth $20 extra. Companies need to start making the Collector's editions cost the same price to those who pre-order or make them only $10 more. For $10 more I would have got it without a second thought but $20 more for some extra shit I will never touch... I'll spend my money elsewhere.

The reason i got the collectors edition is because i am an extreme fan of Geoff Darrow and he is the guy that did the cover to the graphic novel. plus i like Chris Avallone writting so i figured the comic would be decent. the poker chips i dont care to much about, or the making of dvd, but i will use the playing cards for tabletop games that i play. so all in all if you have the extra 20 to spend it's decent, if you need to save or dont care to much about the items then save the money for another game, or the DLC that will eventualy come out.

Hi all, I was just wondering is it worth getting? My local gaming shop is getting the normal and collectors editon in and i love fallout games, but im unsure to get it or not. £60 is abit much for a game.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

I purchased the collectors edition because I had a 20 dollar off gamestop coupon, when I got it yesterday I looked at the contents and read the comic and that was it. I have not taken the cards out of the packaging or the chips because I have no use for it. Only reason I got it was cause of the 20 dollars off, I would say yes its worth it because it might be worth something if you do not open the stuff like I did and sell it in the future.

Well, you have to admit, the Collector's for this one is better than most collector's that come out. The only few I can think of that is better than this is Fallout 3, Halo: Reach and Alan Wake. It was worth it. I'm a huge fan of the series and I also collect collector's editions, so I immediately got this on pre-order when I heard about it.

to me it was well worth the money. The artwork, chips, cards, box, etc... is very nice.. If you are a fan of the series its a nice thing to have. I regret not getting it for Fallout 3.

I agree with this post 100% percent. I'm a fan of Collector's Editions period. But a Collector's Edition of one of my favorite games/series is a definite for me. I really regret not getting the CE for FO3, but it was a Christmas present so I had no choice in the matter.

Just got my limited edition today, And im pretty happy with it, i was a little worried but its all turned out good.

I just have a question tho.

On my poker chips the pain seems to be smudged on some of them, I notice they've tried to look the things in the limited edition Sort of Old and used. im just wondering if they did this on purpose or if they just painted the chips very poorly?

I gotht he collectors edition just for the simple fact I got the one for Fallout 3 (that one was way better) and also because Im into collecting the collectors edition of the games I like. If I was giving advice on this to somebody though i would say dont buy it. It really aint worth it. there is not $20 worth of shit in it. If games are going to charge and extra $20 for a collectors edition they really need to start making it worth the $20. Thats just my opinion.