Neighborhood Watch Guide

Due to popular demand I have written this guide to help ya'll get the Neighborhood Watch Achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/308/UPzjBgo=.jpg

Start the game with Chapter 6 Our Mutual Fiend and play through the level until you get to the part where you have the bomb and you can leave the garage.

Save Here

Heres a tip when you start this part press start->options and under difficulty make it Easy. This means the hunters will do less damage to you and the less damage you take the better you will be.

Ok at this point if you didn't get the Laser Guided Rocket you should have it from the top of the two ammo crates unless well for some reason you believe that it won't help to have it. Trust me it will one hit will take down a hunter. Pick it up and get the health and armor from the crates and walk over to your car. It should be equiped with a rack on the back for the bomb. Take out your pistol or which ever weapon you beleive will be best for you to shoot the bomb with and press right bumper to get the grav gun out and set your weapon on choice to your quick change.

After the battlefield "Commander" opens the gate get in your car. Drive out the gate and go to the Saw Mill.

Ok take a deep breathe stretch do what ever you need to do to get ready because this is hard you will get frustrated.

Save Here

Strider #1:

Get out of your Car and go through the "mission briefing." You can either stick around to hear him babble or jump into your car and drive to the left (when looking at the sawmill) of the sawmill towards the cranes that is where the first strider will be coming from. When it comes it will have one Hunter with it either run it over or shoot it with a rocket then get the bomb from the back of the car and stick it to the strider.

Save Here.

Strider #2:

Immediately after this one is down the 2nd strider which is fast moving will appear at the Saw Mill. You can't waste time on this one for it will destroy the saw mill if you aren't fast enough. Jump back in your car and use the boost to get back to your base as fast as humanly possible. Jump out of your car at the saw mill pick up the bomb and when the strider stops (to the right of the sawmill) to charge up you must shoot it then. Aim just a little above its head and hopefully it will stick. Quickly take out a gun and shoot it.

Save Here

Strider #3:

A few seconds after you take out the second strider the 3rd will appear at the Water tower witch is to the right of the Saw mill and down the road a little farther. He moves slow so put a bomb on the back of your car and head out toward him. The Hunter that was with the 2nd strider either you can pass him up. I just ran him over on my way to the 3rd its better if he was dead so he doesn't get in your way. If your fast you can get to the water tower right when the 3rd strider appears jump out of your car and take out your launcher and kill the 2 hunters with him. Then get the Grav gun and eliminate this strider.

Save Here

Strider #4:

Once you take care of the 3rd strider drive back to the Saw Mill. If you took care of the 3rd one quick enough you should have a few seconds to take a breathe. Get back to the saw mill and reload your bomb, and drive over to the cranes where the first strider was. There will be two hunters with it. I had 1 rocket left so I shot one and waited for the other one to jump off the cliff and ran him over. Once their taken care of jump out and blow the strider into their equivalent of hell.

Save Here

Strider #5:

Go back to the saw mill and get your self another bomb and drive over the where you took out the 2nd strider half way to the water tower. Don't bother with the Hunters on this one because you have to be quick. Shoot your bomb and take him out.

Save Here

Strider #6:

(This one appears after Strider #7)

YOU MUST HURRY ON THIS ONE! He moves fast. Hurry back to the saw mill and get a bomb and rush down the train tracks to the left of the saw mill. The building will be on your right about a click down the tracks. Stop here and get out and get the bomb ready you have to be fast and precise. Wait for the strider to stop in front of the building. When he stops take the shot once he's down you really have to move for the next one should be close to the building that it will destroy if your not quick!

Save Here

Strider #7:

Jump back into your car and head down the tracks a little more and use your radar. You will turn left onto the road and you should see a two story building in front of you. Stop right outside the bomb dispenser is on the inside on the far right side when your looking at it. Run in and grab a bomb and place it on your car if the strider is still a ways away like mine is. Put it on the rack and go and take this bad boy out.

Save Here

Strider #8:

This Strider Moves fast and comes from the Water Tower and heads for the building your at right now. Go inside and grab a bomb and wait for him here you have two shots from what I see get him on his way or get him when he stops to blow up the building. Once hes dead you'll get a short break. To kill off the Hunters and get health and armor.

Save Here

(Continued)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strider #9:

Once you get everything you need go back to the sawmill and wait out the rest of the break. The next strider comes from the cranes. The rest of the striders move slowly but multiple ones come at a time, so you still have to be quick. This one comes out with 2 Hunters try to run them over or just ignore them either way hurry up and take out the strider.

Save Here

Strider #10:

The next strider comes from the Saw Mill and can be easily killed from well... The saw mill. Grab a bomb and take him out from right here.

Save Here

Strider #11:

The next Strider comes from the Water Tower and heads towards the Saw Mill. If your quick and can cut him off half way there. His two Hunter Companions can be run over easily though. Just kill them jump out and blow him up. Only two left.

Save Here

Strider #12:

Hopefully you have been able to keep up and there are no Hunters chasing you down. Quickly fly back to the saw mill and rearm your self with another bomb. This next strider comes from the Saw Mill. He only has one Hunter with him so just run him over and take out the strider.

Save Here

Strider #13:

Move back to the saw mill and get your last bomb. And drive off towards the cranes where the last strider should have already appeared. He should be on his way to the southern building where Strider #6 was. You should be able to catch his Hunter friend by surprise and run him over without him even realizing what hit him. Jump out and take this bad boy out. Once hes dead head back to the base and...

*Ding* Achievement Unlocked.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/308/UPzhttp://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/308/UPzhttp://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/308/UPzhttp://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/308/UPzjBgo=.jpg

Guide Written By: ME

Thanks To: IBC Root beer

I did it today on Easy and it probably took about an hour altogether. I used the guide at first but it became too distracting and I kind of just went with the flow. The second one and I guess the sixth one (7th?) or whichever one it is that blows up that one story building a left and a right turn away from the lumber yard cabin are tough. You might have to restart a couple saves away for the latter because you can get stuck in a loop where no matter how you approach him he blows up the building as soon as you get there. As long as you know you have to take him out before the one that is on the other side near the water tower you should be OK.

But neither one has you worrying about the hunters too much. I pretty much had to kill all the hunters for the other ones. I would think doing this on NORMAL would be near impossible because of the hunters. Rockets, orb left trigger ammo for the alien rifle, and close range double barrel shotguns blasts seem to be the most effective.

I hope this rambling incoherent post helps someone.

Thanks for the guide!

the second strider is IMPOSSIBLE. I took down #1 about halfway to the sawmill, jumped in the car, hightailed it to the sawmill and grabbed a bomb. by that time the thing was already charging up. there's no way!!! you can't even get to it in 5 seconds.

EDIT: alright, so what you have to do is, and the guide should probably mention it - is kill the first hunter, but then drive back and wait on killing #1 till it gets really close to the sawmill. that way you're right next to the mill for the second one and can toss a bomb on your car and GO right away.

oh no, i meant to run down the hunters for #1, then get back to the saw mill and THEN take him out. that way you're already there at the mill and can grab a new bomb immediately to run towards #2. since #2 won't start until you destroy him, it's easier that way.

sorry, i hope i didn't come off as a jerk - i appreciate your guide, thanks a bunch!

the second strider is IMPOSSIBLE. I took down #1 about halfway to the sawmill, jumped in the car, hightailed it to the sawmill and grabbed a bomb. by that time the thing was already charging up. there's no way!!! you can't even get to it in 5 seconds.

EDIT: alright, so what you have to do is, and the guide should probably mention it - is kill the first hunter, but then drive back and wait on killing #1 till it gets really close to the sawmill. that way you're right next to the mill for the second one and can toss a bomb on your car and GO right away.

you have to pre-place the car where you're gonna kill the first strider, and then book it down to where the second comes out from around the corner, and kill him FAST. took me about half a dozen tries.

Sweet. Just got it. Also, something I found for future reference; only the fast moving striders destroy buildings. Once you kill the last fast-mover, you can just sit back at the silo and kill them as they come

might depend on difficulty. the fast-walking ones definitely fire their supressors, which destroy the buildings. the others might cause some damage too. not sure. my brother said he goofed around not killing the slow striders for a while just to see, and they didn't blow up anything. he played on easy, i played on normal.

but if you leave 'em too long, they'll get to the silo and you'll lose.

camping at the silo is actually a decent strategy after you've gotten the fast ones, or at least for the last 4 or 5... the resistence fighters will train their rockets on the hunters, which makes your life a whole lot easier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i was havin trouble with strider six down the traintracks, but i found it really easy to not go down the train tracks at all. i went around until i came to the rock behind the Strider and then i fire the device at him from there because he doesnt see you :) easy :) hope this helps people.