Darklurker help

Charlieboy_007

Hi guys,Im not sure if this has been covered but apologies if it has.Been fighting darklurker many, many times and I cant kill him.I have watched videos and no luck.Its gotten so bad cause I cant even buy effigies anymore all sold out :( I can get him half way sometimes but when he splits its over.Anybody any easy methods for him?where can I get effigy when its sold out? Thanks

Hi guys,Im not sure if this has been covered but apologies if it has.Been fighting darklurker many, many times and I cant kill him.I have watched videos and no luck.Its gotten so bad cause I cant even buy effigies anymore all sold out :( I can get him half way sometimes but when he splits its over.Anybody any easy methods for him?where can I get effigy when its sold out? Thanks

I went into this fight with a pure melee build and died quite a few times. My advice would be to get at least 3 attunment slots and use flame swathe x2 if possible - although I'm not sure this is as powerful after the latest update, and then finish him off with chaos storm.

Honestly the first time I used this method he didn't even hit me once. Doesn't matter if he splits, just target one and he is an easy kill. Chaos storm does massive damage, so if you have more attunment try firestorm too.

For effigys the water rat creatures drop them in the shrine of Amana and there are tonnes of them to farm, use snake ring, rusted coins etc

what kind of build are u using?

i am using a faith/strength build and i found Great Lightning Spears to be very effective...requires 42 faith

i used:

1.rebel's greatshield(blocks 90% dark)

2.dark quartz ring+1(dark resistance)

3.Great Lightning Spear(8 shots)

equip whatever armor gives you the best dark resistance

lock on to the darklurker and hurl GLS's at him while blocking his attacks when needed

it took four or five spears for him to split in two and i hurled 2 more spears at him while he was splitting

he only had a sliver of health left after he split and one more GLS took care of that...lol

the whole fight last probably two minutes or so

Edited by wexsuvslim

what kind of build are u using?

i am using a faith/strength build and i found Great Lightning Spears to be very effective...requires 42 faith

i used:

1.rebel's greatshield(blocks 90% dark)

2.dark quartz ring+1(dark resistance)

3.Great Lightning Spear(8 shots)

equip whatever armor gives you the best dark resistance

lock on to the darklurker and hurl GLS's at him while blocking his attacks when needed

it took four or five spears for him to split in two and i hurled 2 more spears at him while he was splitting

he only had a sliver of health left after he split and one more GLS took care of that...lol

the whole fight last probably two minutes or so

I did wat you mentioned.I checked my armor chose wat protected me the best agaisnt dark spells and I used a bit of pyromancy when he split.Worked well.Trying to beat vendrick now.

I did wat you mentioned.I checked my armor chose wat protected me the best agaisnt dark spells and I used a bit of pyromancy when he split.Worked well.Trying to beat vendrick now.

glad to hear it:)

i've definately heard that pyromancy, especially flame swathe, is strong in this game but i haven't tried it out yet(saving pyro and sorcery for NG+)

i haven't gotten to vendrick yet so i have no words of wisdom for that fight

Edited by wexsuvslim

• 3 weeks later...
So I have a pure tank build and was curious if spamming black firebombs would work on him? I am just starting to level pyro for NG+ but want this fight out of the way with what I have currently.

I REALLY doubt you'll kill him with black firebombs, especially if you want to try and tank him. He hits hard and splits into two separate enemies.

This is what I did.

• Use a smelter demon sword and the flame swathe pyromancy
  • Use the rebels Greatshield since it has 90% dark protection
  • Remove all your armor besides your rings
  • Use flame swathe right when he splits for extreme damage

Granted, the fight glitched for me in a good way. He never split in two for me which is how I killed him. People who tell you this boss is easy is lying to you.

If you need human effigies, I suggest using a bonfire ascetic on the first bonfire in the Forest of the Fallen Giants. Then, go back to the wooden plank you have to walk across to get there, and drop down on the rock below. The chest contains 5 Human Effigies. There's no boss, that's what makes that method so good, so you can just keep using bonfire ascetics.

glad to hear it:)

i've definately heard that pyromancy, especially flame swathe, is strong in this game but i haven't tried it out yet(saving pyro and sorcery for NG+)

i haven't gotten to vendrick yet so i have no words of wisdom for that fight

Thanks looks like I have two Flame Swathes so I will level Attunement, equip the +1 ring and have the Dark Pyro Glove +10 to go with that. Looks like that will give me just enough to be dangerous with melee.

FYI, Vendrick is one of those bosses that are simple with melee but I can imagine a pain with spells. I had only 1 giant soul, but great Stamina and +10 Tower Shield and if you hug his left leg you can survive some swings and chip away. Very long with no souls but with patience he goes down.

Also, this probably more trouble than its worth but if pyro has been nerfed does it help to delete patch prior to this fight?

Edited by Shred Asics 13

Thanks looks like I have two Flame Swathes so I will level Attunement, equip the +1 ring and have the Dark Pyro Glove +10 to go with that. Looks like that will give me just enough to be dangerous with melee.

FYI, Vendrick is one of those bosses that are simple with melee but I can imagine a pain with spells. I had only 1 giant soul, but great Stamina and +10 Tower Shield and if you hug his left leg you can survive some swings and chip away. Very long with no souls but with patience he goes down.

Also, this probably more trouble than its worth but if pyro has been nerfed does it help to delete patch prior to this fight?

Just use the regular pyro flame. The dark one requires you to be fully hollow to be as effective, and the regular has HUGE faith scaling.

Honestly, Vendrick is simple to fight but anything can go wrong at anytime, and when it does, you get one shotted.

Just use the regular pyro flame. The dark one requires you to be fully hollow to be as effective, and the regular has HUGE faith scaling.

Honestly, Vendrick is simple to fight but anything can go wrong at anytime, and when it does, you get one shotted.

Shoot, is it still decent enough while human? I burned most fire seeds on it for the Supreme Weapon Achievement not thinking ahead obviously...

After 30 failed attempts, going strength, or faith or pyro, I deleted the title update, had 4 flame swathe and chaos storm, and finally won. Huge difference in pyro before the nerf, flame swathe was hitting for over 1k.

After 30 failed attempts, going strength, or faith or pyro, I deleted the title update, had 4 flame swathe and chaos storm, and finally won. Huge difference in pyro before the nerf, flame swathe was hitting for over 1k.

Completely forgot about the nerf from the update. Good thinking!

the toughest part about the Vendrick fight for me is when he jumps backwards and ends up against the wall of the arena

i can circle his left buttcheek just fine but it seems i can't keep him close enough to the center of the arena so he doesn't wedge himself against the wall when he backsteps

i didn't have this issue with my first character but it's happened three times in a row now with my new character....gotta take a break for a bit and try again later

Edited by wexsuvslim

So I just got this boss as my final NG task. Didn't realize the fight started right away after the 3rd candle/brazier thing so i just tried to figure out his patterns and just give it an unprepared shot. Flame Swathe was good but Chaos Storm just wrecked him. Could you literally just rush him and spam 4 firestorms and then 2 Chaos Storms to take him out?

Some people seems to take him out in seconds and was wondering if this was a good approach (albeit cheesy). I also dont have the patch on to remove any pyro nerfing.

So I just got this boss as my final NG task. Didn't realize the fight started right away after the 3rd candle/brazier thing so i just tried to figure out his patterns and just give it an unprepared shot. Flame Swathe was good but Chaos Storm just wrecked him. Could you literally just rush him and spam 4 firestorms and then 2 Chaos Storms to take him out?

Some people seems to take him out in seconds and was wondering if this was a good approach (albeit cheesy). I also dont have the patch on to remove any pyro nerfing.

Are you talking about Vendrick?

I also found out that chaos storm wrecks him, but I could never time my cast right to where I could have enough time to escape the damage of the gods from his sword swings. One vertical slice insta killed me.