Argos in Gamesaves Shock!

SarkeBeeley

I was looking through the new Argos catalogue the other day (crappy catalogue shop for those of you that don't have one) and they actually sell a gamesaves disc for 360. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5682595/Trail/C%24cip%3D50626.Video%2Bgames%3EC%24cip%3D50637.Xbox%2B360.htm

I was pretty shocked beacause I really didn't think that many people used gamesaves - maybe I've just spent too long in my little world of x360a!

Xploder is out to make more money from cheaters. Originally the company made the transfer kit supposedly to allow you to make backups of your saves which was fine by me, but now I see they are only out to make money off people who think a score means everything.

:uzi: Xploder

Hopefully with the fall update, most of the items on that disc no longer work anyways.

I too was under the impression that the last dashboard update fixed the majority of these.

I now someone who got his burnout acheievements that way - I did think it really strange at first as he had completed the single player but didnt even have the 250 takedowns acheivement - he then confessed that someone he knew gave it to him on a memory card in exchange for him doing some hexic points.

AFAIK the burnout one still works along with a few others, but most have been "killed off" by the update

I really don't understand why people feel the need to artifically boost their scores. What has been achieved if a cheat is used? Game saves aside, I've had over a dozen people ask me to complete arcade games for them. What is the point in that? They say they will do some achievements for me in return but that's just rubbish. I want to get the achievements myself or there's no fun, no pleasure, no point and nothing is achieved.

I'd call for an Argos boycott but it'd never happen.

The Argos staff wear the cheap Elizabeth Duke gold as it reminds them of their "true form" - what they look like in their home world of ArrrGooos.

It's not just us that think they're shit - read the Argos rant half way down this page. It'll even explain the wierd and crappy world of Argos shopping for our US friends. Why ANYONE puts up with this system and shops there is beyond me.

http://exterminatusnow.comicgenesis.com/d/20051028.html

I have to say admit that I've bought some stuff from Argos. They have their place in the world. When I was a teenager and moved into my own flat Argos was the place I got most of my kitchen stuff. Great quality? Well not really but why would I give a crap about pans when I was out clubbing 6 nights a week. Oh the memories....

Guest CC99999

People cheat to brag. The internet is the best place to brag in the world, I mean, for real.

I know one cheater who was posting on another site that people won't let him play without FR'ing him and asking for advice because of his super high gamerscore (mid 60Ks). I've played with the guy, he's a high school dude who has downloaded at least 20,000 points.

I'm like, dude, you're getting what you asked for!

Speaking of cheaters, what's say we put together a leaderboard for gamesavers. Highest points downloaded? You think anybody's gamesaved 40,000 points yet? I do.

Also, how long do you think it'll be until you see NBA Live 07's 1000 online achievements that say "Acquired"?

In fairness, these 'game saves' have been out for over 10 years now, I used to have one on the original Playstation. The main purpose of them is to have unlimited health, ammo and many more cheats available. It is not made so people can get achievements easier! So lay off them and stop complaining, the more you moan about gamesaves the more popular it will get. So shut up, before this matter gets worse then it already is.

So lay off them and stop complaining, the more you moan about gamesaves the more popular it will get. So shut up, before this matter gets worse then it already is.

I'd just like to say that the Xploder Cheats Discs are poo.

Now, let's all bash Argos!! Stevie- I'll meet you on Royal Parade with some balaclavas and a load of petrol. You bring the matches...:p

I'd just like to say that the Xploder Cheats Discs are poo.

Now, let's all bash Argos!! Stevie- I'll meet you on Royal Parade with some balaclavas and a load of petrol. You bring the matches...:p

LMFAO! The problem is we got the one just down from the sundial! That could be a tricky one! Last time I was in there they jumped me for nicking one of their pens!