Event #7: One Shot, One Kill Discussion - November 11-13

TwiztidThorn

Fun event, good to see the Sniper Rifle get some real use, and the Boltok is one of my favorite guns. But I'm really excited because with this event I was able to Glitch the War Supporter Medal to Onyx! Finally, now I just need to pull the long Grind and I'm 100% this thing!

It's boring like hell. Fortunately it's only 1 round per match.
Yeah. And sadly, it's not literally "one shot, one kill". I was expecting that any time you get shot, it's at least a down. Nope.

And I didn't get credit for my first match, I think because the asshole host left right when the match ended, and nobody got to go to the exp addition screen. What's up with that, anyway? I thought all of Versus was supposed to have dedicated servers.

EDIT: There we go. Got through a match without the host being a dickhead, and now I'm at 7/10 for War Supporter. Time to go to a playlist that doesn't suck. :D

Edited by mjc0961

Credit where credit's due Epic know how to take a good idea and fuck it up. "One shot one kill" no it's not. Should have been sniper's only infinite ammo, no smoke grenade no melee and you actually die in one shot. The only good thing about this event is every match gave me +1 for war supporter.

I for one don't have a problem with the game mode, or the fact that the sniper doesn't gib or down you even if you don't get a headshot. However I believe that smoke grenades and the boltok ruin the whole idea. The active boltok just owns you, no matter how good of a sniper you are (close-medium range anyways).

I thought it was pretty fun. Head shots are always satisfying...it never really gets old for me. :Bounce:

And I didn't think the smokes were that bad. Obviously, they're there for the people who can't get REAL kills, but all you gotta do is just watch your back and avoid them, and then you're fine!

I actually find this to be really amusing. People bitched about the Sawed-Off. Now there's no Sawed-Off and suddenly smoke grenades are the go-to "only noobs use this cheap no skill bullshit" weapon of choice for people to rant about. Just goes to show you that no matter what you do, fans will not be satisfied, so whiny ranting feedback should be completely disregarded. :D

I actually find this to be really amusing. People bitched about the Sawed-Off. Now there's no Sawed-Off and suddenly smoke grenades are the go-to "only noobs use this cheap no skill bullshit" weapon of choice for people to rant about. Just goes to show you that no matter what you do, fans will not be satisfied, so whiny ranting feedback should be completely disregarded. :D

Unless all you use is the gnasher, people think you have no skill at this game.