Multiple Season Passes

binkyspankums

Season pass, is season pass. Any other DLC has already been confirmed as existing separate from that deal. Beyond that, I'm sure any other wonderful ideas for all things Borderlands, will be for the next sequel.

Tl;dr: don't hold your breath.

You only need one season pass to get all of the DLC when they come out. I don't see why you would need more than one season pass.

Because they might do more DLC after the announced four? Your first season pass wouldn't entitle you to that content, just like it doesn't entitle players to the Mechromancer or other extra DLC.

I think I might be the minority on this, but I actually enjoyed the Captain Scarlett dlc. I never actually encountered the freezing on Master Gee, but I know plenty of people did. I thought the characters and story was fine. Not as good as vanilla Borderlands 2, but still good. The loot was a disappointment, especially the Seraph Crystals and the weapons they could be sold for. Like I said, I never encountered some of the glitches and bugs that others did, but I do know they exist and I hope that the company who does the dlc will be a little more reluctant to release something that was obviously broken

Because they might do more DLC after the announced four? Your first season pass wouldn't entitle you to that content, just like it doesn't entitle players to the Mechromancer or other extra DLC.

yeah. i mean it's pure speculation, but if there were more than 4 add-ons released then I would assume that they would either only sell them individually or they would do a Season Pass 2 for the others.

Season pass, is season pass.

It seems to me that this trend for calling the pre-pay DLC packs a "Season Pass" makes little sense, as when one season ends a new one should follow, though with DLC it's a case of when one season ends, you have to wait for the next game for the next season of content.

Any other DLC has already been confirmed as existing separate from that deal.

What other DLC has been confirmed? :eek:

What other DLC has been confirmed? :eek:

Nothing is confirmed, Gearbox has just mentioned that they might be interested in adding more characters like they did with the Mechromancer. Other than the mention of liking the idea of doing that and the four story add-ons included with the current season pass, nothing has been said.

like I said, all speculation. just wanted to see how receptive folks would be to multiple season passes

I'd be all for it, it just means more DLC for a game that I love. I've liked all the DLC except for Moxxi's Underdome, but I don't complain about that one either because it gave me a much needed bank which I would have paid ten bucks for by itself at the time. As long as they fix what needs fixing and don't make more bosses with the amount of stipulations for success as Master Gee had, I'd keep buying content. The headaches that boss fight brought everyone completely overshadowed everything else about that release.

I'd be all for it, it just means more DLC for a game that I love. I've liked all the DLC except for Moxxi's Underdome, but I don't complain about that one either because it gave me a much needed bank which I would have paid ten bucks for by itself at the time. As long as they fix what needs fixing and don't make more bosses with the amount of stipulations for success as Master Gee had, I'd keep buying content. The headaches that boss fight brought everyone completely overshadowed everything else about that release.

I'm still not sure why everyone gives Moxxi's Underdome such a bad rating. For me, it was definitely really repetitive and it was something that didn't truly fit into the game, but overall I was glad to see that Gearbox did something different with it. Would I ask for the Underdome II? Probably not. But in my opinion it really wasn't so bad. I definitely agree about the bank, that was a much-needed addition to the game, and I also gladly ponied up the money for the DLC once I knew that was included.

As far as an additional season pass is concerned, this isn't likely.

I'm still not sure why everyone gives Moxxi's Underdome such a bad rating. For me, it was definitely really repetitive and it was something that didn't truly fit into the game, but overall I was glad to see that Gearbox did something different with it. Would I ask for the Underdome II? Probably not. But in my opinion it really wasn't so bad. I definitely agree about the bank, that was a much-needed addition to the game, and I also gladly ponied up the money for the DLC once I knew that was included.

In my opinion, it's because most people came to BL 1/2 for the "shooty" aspect of it, not the "RPG grinding".

Like Walter White said, I would have gladly payed $10 just for the Bank alone, that it introduced. And it wasn't even that horrible of a grind, I've done worse in other games. Hate is just like a snowball: once it gets rolling, everyone adds on to make it bigger.

My bet is the Season pass will pay for the main DLC's that we already paid for. Outside of that they will make easy money charging people for extra characters and other little oddz and ends. I don't see them releasing a 5th (or more) major DLC, with an added cost on top of the season pass. Anything is possible i guess, but I dont think it will happen.

If the Moxxi DLC gave players experience and loot drops (I'm not talking about those crappy little drops that it did have between every five million waves) that DLC would have been fine. I personally love "horde modes" in games so if there had been some kind of incentive I wouldn't have hated it so much. I'm a little disappointed that the arenas in Borderlands 2 aren't replayable. A boss run mode could be fun, I don't know.

I agree. It seems like I just bought the game, but have been a little bored with it for a while. I think they released the first DLC way too soon. That DLC should have been released at least 2 weeks, maybe even 4 weeks, later than it was released.

I agree with Gearbox announcing and releasing the first DLC too early. The Mechromancer was released a week early, and then Captain Scarlett. That was only a couple weeks after the game was released. I'm sure it helped to sell more copies, but now fans are going to demand information just as quickly as they got it before, which is sure to create some unrest in the community.

If the Moxxi DLC gave players experience and loot drops (I'm not talking about those crappy little drops that it did have between every five million waves) that DLC would have been fine. I personally love "horde modes" in games so if there had been some kind of incentive I wouldn't have hated it so much. I'm a little disappointed that the arenas in Borderlands 2 aren't replayable. A boss run mode could be fun, I don't know.

Good point, I forgot that the bosses from the first game came back in the Underdome. There are so many bosses and unique enemies in BL2 that the game would definitely benefit from seeing them again. My thought is to just have an Underdome with bosses only, no random enemies. As you go through the different waves, maybe the amount or combination of bosses changes, and of course they could get harder as the mission went along. Just imagine an arena with Terra, Master Gee and Hyperious all at the same time. It would be crazy, but if you had an awesome team that had the right gear it would be really intense.

Oh, and an awesome loot drop at the end of all of that wouldn't hurt. :)

Edited by The Incendiary
Grammar