Weapon Progress Bar

blackhandgang

there'sa bigger bar in the stats page of your character (2nd to last tab) that gives you an overall bonus to that gun type, each time you max out an individual gun, that bar goes up a level. .. I think...

So, if i maxed Out the weapon i am playing with, for example some Kind of Pistol, the Overall Bar for Pistol wont move any further until i use a New Pistol which i can max Out?

So, if i maxed Out the weapon i am playing with, for example some Kind of Pistol, the Overall Bar for Pistol wont move any further until i use a New Pistol which i can max Out?

That's what it looks like. I experienced the same thing and once I switched pistols, the bar started moving again. Same goes for every other weapon I think.

this might not be correct because i have used the same assault rifle since i got it in a lock box at AR lvl 2 and now i am AR lvl 5 and it has been maxed for a while, what i do notice is that maxing out a weapon should give it some sort of bonus (like uping the car lvl's and such) so check a weapon you have thats maxed and see if it added a stat bonus.

And wanted to clarify leveling weapon skills and weapons. Each skill can be leveled to 20, each level provides a bonus. The only way to increase this skill is by using that specific weapon. Each weapon has a cap on XP it can earn (775000 for whites up to 818000 for oranges). Once you max this XP out (for the specific gun) it will no longer grant XP towards the weapon skill. Once you max XP on a gun you get a random bonus added to gun.

Supposdly in Alpha/beta there was a way to reset XP on a gun, but I haven't heard of any method. I do believe (haven't personally confirmed) if you trade a weapon to a friend/clan-mate it will reset the XP. So you can trade your weapon to a friend, he trades it back and you can earn XP on it again (though you loose the bonus). Haven't confirmed this though.

And wanted to clarify leveling weapon skills and weapons. Each skill can be leveled to 20, each level provides a bonus. The only way to increase this skill is by using that specific weapon. Each weapon has a cap on XP it can earn (775000 for whites up to 818000 for oranges). Once you max this XP out (for the specific gun) it will no longer grant XP towards the weapon skill. Once you max XP on a gun you get a random bonus added to gun.

Supposdly in Alpha/beta there was a way to reset XP on a gun, but I haven't heard of any method. I do believe (haven't personally confirmed) if you trade a weapon to a friend/clan-mate it will reset the XP. So you can trade your weapon to a friend, he trades it back and you can earn XP on it again (though you loose the bonus). Haven't confirmed this though.

I'm glad you pointed out your weapons skill doesn't go up with a maxed weapon. Complete bs imo, forced me to get rid of my favorite gun cause it was untradeable.

I'm an e-hoarder. I go to get rid of something and then think to myself "no, I'll use this eventually, I better keep it" unless the gun is complete crap, then I scrap it or sell it if I can't do that.

I horde like crazy in Borderlands/Borderlands 2 and Fallout 3/New Vegas. Must. keep. every. special/named. weapon.

I'm an e-hoarder. I go to get rid of something and then think to myself "no, I'll use this eventually, I better keep it" unless the gun is complete crap, then I scrap it or sell it if I can't do that.

If you sell them instead of breaking down to resource you can always get them back with the "buy back" feature at the stores.

I don't know how long they stay available in "buy back" but the one time I checked I was shocked at was still in there. They also don't rape you on the exchange. You only have to pay what you got for selling it.

I horde like crazy in Borderlands/Borderlands 2 and Fallout 3/New Vegas. Must. keep. every. special/named. weapon.

I'm the opposite. I break everything down almost instantly. I think I have 8 items in my inventory-all if which are junk- but only slightly better junk than the stuff I break down.

I'm the opposite. I break everything down almost instantly. I think I have 8 items in my inventory-all if which are junk- but only slightly better junk than the stuff I break down.

I only hoard in those games, for whatever reason. In this game, I keep my inventory super clean. I break most things down as soon as I get them.

If you can manage to find a good weapon at one of the merchants you can just keep on levelling the same weapon. For example I bought the frontier saw lmg and really liked using it so as soon as it was at max level I went and bought the same weapon again. It has certainly stopped me from getting annoyed every time I have to get rid of my favourite lmg.

I noticed the weapon skill and xp bars when I started the game. I immediately felt it was all familiar, then I remembered Infinity Blade/II on iOS. You'd level up your character by equipping, and leveling up your weapon and gear. Soon as any of it was capped, you could keep using it, or equip something you hadn't used yet, and keep grinding.