Anybody use microtransactions for this game?

FatalDeathSG45

Do you use microtransactions in Defiance?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use microtransactions in Defiance?

• Yes
    • No

Pretty much what the title says.

The Defiance Store lets you purchase Bits with MS Points and use those Bits to buy anything from XP boosts to new armor and vehicles. Does anybody use these microtransactions?

I used it to buy a set of armor (SPD Heavy Trooper) that I thought looks really cool, and I might use it to increase my inventory space. I don't plan on using Bits to get lock boxes (random weapons of random rarity); I can just use Resources from Arkfalls and scrapping unwanted gear for those.

Edited by FatalDeathSG45

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The outfits are only cosmetic and they cost a fortune, if you buy a whole set.

Buying lock boxes is also unnecessary, since there is no vertical progression in this game. No grinding needed to have good stuff or to be "powerful" in PvE or PvP. Keycodes accumulate with time, and garbage has more worth than scrip. Which you will have aplenty after you play 50+hrs.

Boosts maybe would be worthwhile, if they were 50% or more. 10%, 5% for group, 7% for clan. 22% in total is not worth it. Not to mention the amount of money you spend, for something so miniscule.

No, in short.

Edited by KriugerisLT

The outfits are also free from pursuits if you take the time to finish them. Nothing in that store is worth paying for. Maybe the Nomad, but I am sure they will add a free way to get it later or put it in a DLC.

You get Nomad for completing "The Mortherload" pursuit.

EDIT: Oh, you were talking about the Vehicle. derp

My bad :D

Edited by KriugerisLT

The outfits are also free from pursuits if you take the time to finish them. Nothing in that store is worth paying for. Maybe the Nomad, but I am sure they will add a free way to get it later or put it in a DLC.

Not all the outfits are available from pursuits or missions. I bought the CODA Knight with some of my 1200 bits from the UE. The rest of my bits have been spent on boosts.

I buy Self and Group boosts on a regular basis with a clan boost here and there. When with friends Ive had upto a 32% on some boosts.

Ive also bought 50 backpack slots early on cause with loots boost I kept running out of available space. At EGO rating 3401 I have 117 slots and still full do to the fact I have synergy mods I cannot use but do not want to sell them.

Ive accidently bought Tier 3 and 4 lockboxes do to my impatience of not waiting for the menu to fully load.

Ive bought an outfit cause it looked intresting on another character only to find out that as a human it looked totaly different than the alien.

You have those with a DGAF attitude, and disposable income that will. And those with "ain't nobody got time for that" attitude and/or short funds who won't.

With that being said, I did. I bought an outfit, cause I hate looking like everyone else. I bought inventory space and buffs, because I felt they were justifiable in their usefulness. Sure, at the end of the day, it's money wasted. But it's your money. Do what you want, don't worry about what others think.

You have those with a DGAF attitude, and disposable income that will. And those with "ain't nobody got time for that" attitude and/or short funds who won't.

With that being said, I did. I bought an outfit, cause I hate looking like everyone else. I bought inventory space and buffs, because I felt they were justifiable in their usefulness. Sure, at the end of the day, it's money wasted. But it's your money. Do what you want, don't worry about what others think.

Grind out 50k kills or 4000 EGO and you won't look like everybody else :D

Or do harder pursuits. I feel great about completing the Marin pursuit. Vindicator title and CODA Scout outfit is unobtainable atm with the Dam Defense being constantly removed :D The helmet reminds me of Starship Troopers, lol

Edited by KriugerisLT

Pretty much what the title says.

The Defiance Store lets you purchase Bits with MS Points and use those Bits to buy anything from XP boosts to new armor and vehicles. Does anybody use these microtransactions?

I used it to buy a set of armor (SPD Heavy Trooper) that I thought looks really cool, and I might use it to increase my inventory space. I don't plan on using Bits to get lock boxes (random weapons of random rarity); I can just use Resources from Arkfalls and scrapping unwanted gear for those.

I'll keep my bits for the comming dlc's :)

I'm not a fan of the bit system. I was hoping there would be a way to get bits free (take a very long time to get enough to buy something). I am a really big fan of how Lord of the Rings Online's point system. You can buy points for content if you want them right away or you can do deeds (ingame achievements) for a small amount of points. So you can still get everything for free, but there would be a lot of grinding involved if you want points quickly. I know people that have paid $0 and have more content than me! (I've probably spent close to $150)

Maybe Defiance could do something like 10 bits per pursuit category completed. Not enough that people won't ever buy bits, but just enough to give them hope that one day they'll get an item for free.

EDIT: If there was a crazy outfit, like a chicken suit or Snake from Metal Gear (There are metal gears in San Fran!), I'd buy bits for it right away. I've heard that the alien race gets a top hat from a pursuit or store. I'd think about paying for a top hat if humans got them.

Edited by bob101910

Grind out 50k kills or 4000 EGO and you won't look like everybody else :D

Well the 4000 EGO would've been unique if they didn't sell a color swap (Collector Predator outfit and Ekaru Predator headgear) in the Defiance store for 1320 bits and the 50k kill is basically a color swap of the VBI infiltrator which is a color swap of the Ark Infiltrator.

Edited by tkhbecker

Haven't gotten any yet, though I plan to grab some boosts when I can for both myself and the clan.

As for the outfits/vehicles, unless they release something badass and purple to go with my Syphon Tachmag, then I don't see myself getting either of those. And I'm just fine using my black Challenger for now.

I used the 1200 bits from the ultimate edition to buy inventory slots and clan boosts. I've also bought bits for the last clan and personal boosts I bought. I haven't seen anything I want as far as clothing goes, but like sleepy up there I'd have no problem spending it on something if I like it. I haven't been able to really play lately, but i think I have about 600 left and will boost myself and the clan with it when I can spend more time playing. The cost is minimal when I look at how much I enjoy it.

No.

I have no problem with microtransactions, if they offer boosts and time saving unlocks. However what I DO have a problem with is in game content that exists in the game files on day one to be held back for paid DLC.

Worse still all these outfits to buy are exclusive, and you arent able to unlock them manually over time by doing something in the game to get them. That is why this pisses me off.

I had 500 bits, I asume from the LE or preorder shit, so I bought the Mountain Tracker headgear which I still use, but the prices of these are fucking stupid.

What is the exact worth of 880MSP, only worse because you can't buy exactly the ammount you want so buying ONE outfit, not including the headgear will cost you 1200MSP, which is the same price as Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, which is a fucking amazing game and way more worth your money than some stupid fucking outfit.

So it annoys me, I love unlocking unique oufits to set me apart from the peasants. But it just fucks me off that stuff in the store is to be paid for only.

The prices are god damn stupid.

No.

So it annoys me, I love unlocking unique oufits to set me apart from the peasants. But it just fucks me off that stuff in the store is to be paid for only.

The prices are god damn stupid.

If they were cheap every peasant would have them. ;)

Here in lies the problem with microtransactions. People who don't buy them will bitch that they are too expensive and that they should have been included with the retail game (Reality: they add nothing to the game and give no advantage to the buyer). Then there is the other crowd that buys them while still bitching about the price.

It's the people that buy these cosmetic upgrades that causes developers to keep putting them into more and more games. That's fine and to each their own, but don't day I didn't warn you when developers start making insanely hard games that are impossible to beat unless you buy their microtransaction weapons to make it easy mode.