Who has both consoles? I picked up a PS 4 today.

OrangeMachine

I now have both. I've had the PS4 since launch, but today I just picked up the Xbox One. I don't prefer one console over the other, I'm an equal opportunity gamer :p I don't have any games for the One yet, I preordered Titan Fall and have Forza coming from Gamefly.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't currently have either, and I'm for sure getting a Xbox One, but I've been seriously considering getting a PS4 after it has a price drop or two. Originally I was thinking of getting a PS3, but since I saw a story saying that there'll be a remastering and bundling of the Uncharted series (the PlayStation exclusive I'm interested in) for the PS4, I'm figuring why get the PS3, when I can wait a little longer, spend a bit more, and get better versions of those games and future titles in the series. Still not sure yet. Oh well, getting a Xbox One is my top gaming priority, so it's not something I've been heavily thinking about yet.

Have The Xone , and ps4 in order. Loving The Xone so far, really love that it is so quiet. Almost no noise from fans or drive's.

Hope to have The ps4 soon so i can compare.

That's interesting because I think my PS4 is a lot quieter than my Xbox One. The only noise I ever hear is when the disc first starts spinning, which lasts for a second. Any other time it's silent. I can hear the disc spinning all the time in my Xbox One.

That's interesting because I think my PS4 is a lot quieter than my Xbox One. The only noise I ever hear is when the disc first starts spinning, which lasts for a second. Any other time it's silent. I can hear the disc spinning all the time in my Xbox One.

Weird. My Xbox One is dead silent unless I am installing a game.

I never hear mine except the disc spinning a few seconds now and again. My 360 was like a jet engine compared to the X One in terms of loudness.

I do keep eyeing Shadow Fall on the PS4. It looks phenomenal. But I keep reading the reviews and they're all 'meh.' Doesn't seem worth buying one just for that game.

I never hear mine except the disc spinning a few seconds now and again. My 360 was like a jet engine compared to the X One in terms of loudness.

I do keep eyeing Shadow Fall on the PS4. It looks phenomenal. But I keep reading the reviews and they're all 'meh.' Doesn't seem worth buying one just for that game.

That I can agree with. The One is way quieter than the 360 was. I can say that I don't hear it much when I'm in-game playing, but the only game I've tried is Forza and that typically has constant sound going so maybe that's it.

As for KZ, yeah I can agree there too. It looks beautiful. But the storyline bored me. I didn't try MP, not my kind of shooter. Still, better than Ghosts :p

Just to throw my 0.02 in my One is dead silent as well. It'll spin the disc for a few minutes when I first start a game but after that it I don't hear anything and it's only about 2-3 feet from my head (my tv is on one wall and my computer/system center is on another).

Edited by BooneJusticius

• 2 weeks later...
Yup. The ds4 is a huge improvement. I think that sony definitely did that right. MS on the other hand, took a step back. Which sucks especially considering all the hype they poured into the new controller with the 'over 40 improvements'. It is not all bad but overall it is a step back from the 360. Of course that is all imho which, if you had my opinion and a dollar you could buy cup of coffee.

I think the X1 controller is just as good as the 360 one so far. The only thing I'm not huge on is the material they used to make the controller out of, it feels weird compared to other controllers.

Last Gen I played all my games on the Xbox 360.

I never had a problem with Sony, hell, I owned a PS1 and PS2 before now, but the 360 came out first and kinda stuck with it.

Coming into the current Gen, after 6 years on XBL I opted for a PS4. I thought it was time for a change, to see what Sony had to offer as I'm a huge RPG fan, and missed a shed load of these on the PS3. Plus, in my opinion, the PS4 exclusives are better both full and indie titles.

Bound by Flame is out in April and that isn't coming to the Xbox One and is out on the PS4 and Xbox 360. Why won't you give us a Lost Odyssey 2, damn it, Microsoft!

But that doesn't mean I didn't want an Xbox One further down the road, after all, I do like a good Gamerscore and the promise of one game, Titanfall.

As I have currently played the hell out of my PS4, I have finished loads of games and now I have a lull in my gaming that needs filling, and to be honest, Infamous Second Son (out next week) doesn't even do it for me (hell, I don't even like the Halo or Forza series).

At the end of the month it's my birthday, and the wife says I can have an Xbox One to go with my PS4 if I want (I really want Titanfall, always have done), but the real question is then, should I get an Xbox One, what console do I get the multiformat games for...

Do I go for the PS4 versions for the possible higher res and cheaper price (why are Xbox One games dearer?) or get them on the One for a bump in the Gamerscore at a bit more expense?

What do you say, those in the know with both consoles?

I've had a go on the Xbox One and have no qualms with it. For me, I like the PS4 more but I will always have a place for an Xbox in my gaming unit.

Last Gen I played all my games on the Xbox 360.

I never had a problem with Sony, hell, I owned a PS1 and PS2 before now, but the 360 came out first and kinda stuck with it.

Coming into the current Gen, after 6 years on XBL I opted for a PS4. I thought it was time for a change, to see what Sony had to offer as I'm a huge RPG fan, and missed a shed load of these on the PS3. Plus, in my opinion, the PS4 exclusives are better both full and indie titles.

Bound by Flame is out in April and that isn't coming to the Xbox One and is out on the PS4 and Xbox 360. Why won't you give us a Lost Odyssey 2, damn it, Microsoft!

But that doesn't mean I didn't want an Xbox One further down the road, after all, I do like a good Gamerscore and the promise of one game, Titanfall.

As I have currently played the hell out of my PS4, I have finished loads of games and now I have a lull in my gaming that needs filling, and to be honest, Infamous Second Son (out next week) doesn't even do it for me (hell, I don't even like the Halo or Forza series).

At the end of the month it's my birthday, and the wife says I can have an Xbox One to go with my PS4 if I want (I really want Titanfall, always have done), but the real question is then, should I get an Xbox One, what console do I get the multiformat games for...

Do I go for the PS4 versions for the possible higher res and cheaper price (why are Xbox One games dearer?) or get them on the One for a bump in the Gamerscore at a bit more expense?

What do you say, those in the know with both consoles?

I've had a go on the Xbox One and have no qualms with it. For me, I like the PS4 more but I will always have a place for an Xbox in my gaming unit.

I've actually spent the last couple of months trying to figure that out myself, not constantly though as that would be pretty bad lol. One possibility for you is to play all your RPGs on the PS4 and play everything else on the One.

Edit: Another point you made that I forgot to address that was for you PS4 games are cheaper so that's definitely something to keep in mind as well since it sounds like if PS4 is your main console then you'll save money on every physical game you purchase.

Edited by BooneJusticius

I've actually spent the last couple of months trying to figure that out myself, not constantly though as that would be pretty bad lol. One possibility for you is to play all your RPGs on the PS4 and play everything else on the One.
Good thinking, Batman.

It was the same with my old Xbox 360. Back when I had the premium, it was so loud. Eventually I bought the 360 slim and it's so quiet. Old 360 sounds like a vacuum cleaner...

I have both now and love both. PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox one love them all. Would be great to have just one but there all great in there own way. I don't worry about achievements/ trophies anymore PS+ ruined it for me there just keep giving me to many games lol and my back log is out of control lol. Being a Dad, business man I don't have time.

I love xbox one deeply the UI is brilliant, the kinect is amazing. I will be buying Xbox exclusives on Xbox, and multi-plat's on PS4 as they run better at the moment. I will buy MP games based on what friends are playing on.

After years of trophy/achievement hunting and being a fan boy, I realised no in the world cared what my GS was or how many platinums I had or what console I found best.

Now saying that I do still like to make sure I have more trophies/achievements than my real life friends, just makes me feel better lol

Keep both as they are both amazing.

Nice one CoachCK, I mainly game on PS3, I bought a PS4 at christmas and barely touch it because I have so many games left to play on my PS3. I also gave up trophy hunting when I finally realized I was never going to 100% every game I owned.

I have a 360 which I mainly used for the Mass Effect series, but I'm strongly considering getting an Xbox One for the exclusives, and I'll keep getting the multi-plats on PS4.

I also have a Wii U for Nintendo exclusives, so I'm embracing multiple platforms and trying to have as much fun as possible with gaming :)

I pre ordered both PS4 and XboxOne after E3 last year. I ended up selling my PS4 when I got it, mainly to help a buddy at work make a great christmas for his kids that year. I really had no games I cared for either til this month, with Titanfall on X1 and Second Son coming out this week on PS4. I don't have any loyalties to any one company/brand. I play games to have fun, and the reality is, I have to buy each console to play those games.

I'm still without a Wii U. I only played my Wii for Metroid, Zelda and Mario games. It's been in a box for almost 3 years, so I don't think I will rush to upgrade just yet. But I'm certain I will own one soon enough!