Loadout quick swap??

Andii

Is there a way to switch loadouts quickly without having to press start and switch? I hate that in the middle of an arkfall. Especially when it lags.

Was wondering if there was a quicker way to do it. If not, it needs implementing somehow.

It's something i hope they find a way to add as it'd be very useful.

At the moment i just cloak, hide behind a rock/ box and try to blast through the menu as quickly as possible.

Tricky at a large arkfall as with my connection the menu loading lags in big fights.

I'm tempted to spam their forums and social media outlets with requests asking that they either add a quick change button or the ability to remap controls so we can put one in ourselves.

It is ridiculous having to open the menu to change loadouts in the middle of a fight if you happen to need a different weapon or you've leveled up the gun you are using and feel like switching to something that will actually continue to increase your weapon skills.

Aren't there multiple loadouts you can have at once? The quickest way could be have a preset up one and press start then Y and you'll already switch (iirc)

Though being able to change without pausing would be cool. Like, aim+sprint = loadout change.

The problem really arises when you unlock more than just 2 presets. Spaming Start, Y isn't too bad with just 2 loadouts. But with all the lag, doing just that is a pain. I hate to have to cycle thru say, 4 or more loadouts on the fly. I usually don't even see my character screen populate fully, and just pray I actually did switch from my sniper set up to my close range gear set.

Oh well. This is a MMO. Nothing is set in stone, and there is always a chance player concerns are actually addressed. This game has such potential to be great, if Trion keeps at it!

The problem really arises when you unlock more than just 2 presets. Spaming Start, Y isn't too bad with just 2 loadouts. But with all the lag, doing just that is a pain. I hate to have to cycle thru say, 4 or more loadouts on the fly. I usually don't even see my character screen populate fully, and just pray I actually did switch from my sniper set up to my close range gear set.

Oh well. This is a MMO. Nothing is set in stone, and there is always a chance player concerns are actually addressed. This game has such potential to be great, if Trion keeps at it!

That's where memorization comes in. I've played games where speed is the key so memorization can overcome not being able to see. Back in Phantasy Star Universe, weapon switches and item usage from the menu is second nature. Final Fantasy XIII you don't have time to read before switching, it's all memorizing what part of the menu you are in.

Say in Defiance I have a sniper out, I would memorize that it is loadout 3 and need to switch 3 times to get to the AR I want. (Hypothetical, I only have 2 loadouts right now)

That's where memorization comes in. I've played games where speed is the key so memorization can overcome not being able to see. Back in Phantasy Star Universe, weapon switches and item usage from the menu is second nature. Final Fantasy XIII you don't have time to read before switching, it's all memorizing what part of the menu you are in.

Say in Defiance I have a sniper out, I would memorize that it is loadout 3 and need to switch 3 times to get to the AR I want. (Hypothetical, I only have 2 loadouts right now)

The REAL problem arises when the menu lags and takes 10 seconds to actually appear, that could mean death in certain situations. I can deal with pausing to switch for now, but doing it in game would be great.

I also really hope they fix the loadout perks bug soon ...

The REAL problem arises when the menu lags and takes 10 seconds to actually appear, that could mean death in certain situations. I can deal with pausing to switch for now, but doing it in game would be great.

I also really hope they fix the loadout perks bug soon ...

That's a whole new problem overall. That's the lag issue. You're right though, if the switch takes more than 5 seconds because of lag and just won't switch, you've got a major problem:p

Indeed, a preset for this would be nice - but for console there's only sooo many buttons. You can remap controls though; however, there's no option to map a loadout.

Typically in MMOs they don't let you switch weapons/gear during battle - so being able to do that via start/'Y' is actually a good thing heh. Of course, it sucks in Arkfalls since no ammo drops really and I've had to switch just because I ran out of ammo...

I already suggested that they add a loadout tab underneath or directly above the emotes tab in quick chat in both beta and in the questionaire that they mailed to the beta players. I also made sure to mention that if they had any reservations due to balancing issues, that it could easily be either removed in pvp if that was their concern, or to add a global cooldown after changing to a new loadout to compensate for the lost time.

Even if they took the cooldown approach it'll be loads better than the current method where you stand like a bump on a log in the middle of battle just taking damage, as well as still being faster than some of the larger arkfalls where it takes WAY too long for the menu to pop up and change thanks to the lag.

Speaking of which, in the beta you could rename your loadouts. It won't let me do that anymore, anyone know why? Or if you can, how do you do it in the full game?

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd resurrect this with something I just found out. There is apparently a loadout quick swap IF you have Kinect. The voice command is "Cycle Loadout". I haven't tried it yet, just read about it but I'm off to bed now and have switched off the 360.

Link for other voice commands.

I had spotted these commands in the menus but never use my Kinect. I may have to start.

EDIT: I finished reading the thread. The voice commands take you to the loadout screen.

Edited by Giltec