Why people not help?

MyRifleIsBroken

I've done at least 100+ arkfalls over the weekend and i would say i have been revived 2-3 times out of 20+ times i needed it, i ask in chat but nobody ever bothers helping.

Is this normal or are people just not seeing me down on the floor

I already have my 100 revives for the pursuit and i still revive all the time

I usually get revived in Arkfalls and CO-OP missions if I need it. Sure, it may take a minute or two, but there's always someone willing to help. I revive as soon as I see someone needs one, but unless you're directly in front of the downed guy, or actively looking for people who need reviving, it can be difficult to see them during the mayhem of an Arkfall.

Edited by Remadee

Options that I can think of as to why people won't revive you;

Lazy

Can't see you due to the god aweful downed player display (half the time I can barely see people WHEN I'm actively looking for them)

Think it's less competition for the loot rewards (even though reviving anyone even once automatically escalates your loot priority...)

Jerks in general

Can't get to you due to all the attacks. (Those pods are pretty damn brutal)

Take your pick, all are common reasons.

The only reason I don't go to pick up someone is if I don't see them. I had a guy down right next to me, but because I was shooting up at the flying bug I didn't see him until I reloaded. Besides I think it may be worth points if you revive someone. I came in first in a major arkfall with only 20 kills, but had 33 revives. I only revived two so I have no idea where that number came from.

I believe it's 50% laziness and 50% lack of a good visual that someone is down. Even in groups for co-op maps it's hard to see when someone is down. They really need to address that in a future patch. Put a big flashing + over the head of a downed ally.

I was doing an arkfall yesterday ,i was downed and was crawling round players feet and still no revive .It was actually a player who was nowhere near me that ran over to revive .Another thing i've found is players are often too quick to self-revive , i see them going down and before i can get near them ,up they get

The only reason I don't go to pick up someone is if I don't see them. I had a guy down right next to me, but because I was shooting up at the flying bug I didn't see him until I reloaded. Besides I think it may be worth points if you revive someone. I came in first in a major arkfall with only 20 kills, but had 33 revives. I only revived two so I have no idea where that number came from.

You do. I've literally gone into an arkfall, revived one person, and left before. Just to see what would happen. Walked out with a purple Respark with 25% hp recovery that I use still, and some grenade.

I believe it's 50% laziness and 50% lack of a good visual that someone is down. Even in groups for co-op maps it's hard to see when someone is down. They really need to address that in a future patch. Put a big flashing + over the head of a downed ally.

They could add a recolored version of the special weapons effect, that would help. The orange light thingy I mean.

Also maybe they could change the color of the player on the minimap too(from purple/green/blue), so that you'd be able to see a downed player from through objects as well as behind you.

Having been playing a lot of Guild Wars 2, I keep making comparisons about how the Arkfalls feel like the major Meta Events in that game. But in GW2, when people go down, you know and see it well. Even on your mini map there are indicators that people are downed. And also, that game makes reviving players rewarding, as you gain XP for helping out, so there is almost always a kind soul looking to res.

I carry over that habit, but I can hardly ever notice people are downed unless I'm purposely looking for dead people. I always feel bad when I'm laying into a target, and then happen to notice some person has been limping at my feet for who knows how long.

I never notice randoms down because I'm always scoped in my LMG focused on either the boss or the minibosses. Also randoms tend to disappear on screen a lot if there are a ton of people at that arkfall.

I always try to get to anyone I'm on comms with. Unless someone else on comms is on it.

You do. I've literally gone into an arkfall, revived one person, and left before. Just to see what would happen. Walked out with a purple Respark with 25% hp recovery that I use still, and some grenade.

before THIS patch today this wasnt true but assuming things work properly now it will be.

I have done arkfalls where i did all the damage to 3 minor sections and then got first in overall arkfall damage with multiple revives and received two green tachyon shields. other times i have fired shots in passing while trying to do a quest and did nothing else and received purples. the system before today's patch was COMPLETELY RNG

Same thing happened to me I revived 1 person and 54 revives don't understand that number

I revive everyone I see down unless there's just zero possible safe way I can help them. Even then I sometimes run in and try.

A revive grenade (like in gears judgment) would be nice. Normal grenades don't seem all that useful for offense so a health grenade would be appreciated.

before THIS patch today this wasnt true but assuming things work properly now it will be.

I have done arkfalls where i did all the damage to 3 minor sections and then got first in overall arkfall damage with multiple revives and received two green tachyon shields. other times i have fired shots in passing while trying to do a quest and did nothing else and received purples. the system before today's patch was COMPLETELY RNG

Was the patch done? I came in first on a major a little while ago and got a green and a blue.