Who has both consoles? I picked up a PS 4 today.

OrangeMachine

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost bought a PS4 at launch (had the Xbox One preordered since announcement), but then I realized there were no games I was interested in coming out until later 2014.

So, I guess it comes down to that, are there any games you want to play that made you have to have that new system? It's not like the PS3 where it doubled as an expensive blu ray player.

I got both and hardly touch the ps4. Just no game that I really want to play on it yet while the One has me playing DR3, Ryse and Killer Instinct.

If there's games you want to play, keep it. If they don't come out for a while, see if you can sell it for a small profit and then get one down the road. I've logged maybe 10-12 hours on my ps4.

I think if you are asking other people whether you should keep it or not, kind of says a lot. If you wanted it, you wouldn't be asking others whether you should be keeping it.

I don't think you will make a profit on it if you sold it now though, stocks are getting a lot better. If you has sold it last year then you would have. But most places offer around £350-ish for trade in now. I'm guessing you can still return it though?

Edited by Hudson888

I have both and both are excellent consoles if im honest.

PS4 can be a little weak in terms of exclusive titles at the moment but Shadowfall is a good game and there is plenty of F2P titles too.

Unless you have bought all the multi platform games currently out then I would recommend getting some of them on PS4.

I would hold on to it as within the next two months some new games will be out and it will be worth hanging on to your PS4 for that.

I have both though I have not hooked up my PS4 due to lack of space. time for a new entertainment center :dance:

IMO opinion though after playing both systems they have their pros and cons respectively. Fortunate for us though all the cons can be updated and patched out.I do wish the PS4 had a stronger launch lineup.

Luckily got to play the ps4 at my sisters boyfriends house and thank god i didn't get both the ps4 lacks in all departments. (i know everyone will think iam a huge xbox fanboy since im saying this on a xbox forum but i urge you to play both consoles for the same amount of time and u will see how much better the one is). And everytime i held the ps4 controller i wanted to cry cause when playing fifa the rt button was so far away and couldn't get enough pressure to press the button to run. Also playstation network is slighlty better than ps3 but will never be as good as xbox live even with the party bugs and other small things far better than psn. Also the games way more exclusives than ps4 did enjoy killzone campaign but was really it. The ps4 dashboard is just horrible as well.

I have a PS4 with every launch title (with the exception of Just Dance and Angry Birds, no interest in those at all) and my brother has an Xbox One with Forza 5, DR3, COD Ghosts, NFS Rivals, and Madden 25. From playing his Xbox One a fair amount, I don't feel inclined to pick up an Xbox One at this point really at all. I don't see anything that it can do better than my PS4, other than watching cable television, which I don't even have (Netflix/Hulu ftw). Sony's made leaps and bounds with PS+ and PSN within the last couple of years and in my opinion, they're beating the software giant at their own game (remember, Sony's been predominately a hardware company)... Why hasn't anyone here mentioned how horrendous the Xbox One's install times are compared to the PS4?

Not to mention, every multiplatform game seems to be performing better on the PS4 and you inevitably have a handful exclusives too look forward to on the nearby horizon if you hang onto it. Driveclub? The Order: 1886? Infamous: Second Son? Uncharted 4? Deep Down? Media Molecule's next release? Insomniac's next release? (you know Sunset Overdrive isn't all that they're working on) Quantic Dream's next release? Sony Santa Monica's next release? Team Ico? (The Last Guardian) Polyphony? ThatGameCompany? (Journey, Flower) Ninja Theory? (Heavenly Sword 2) I think you get my point.

You could argue that the Xbox 360 had better launch titles than the PS3, but which one had better exclusives in the long-run throughout the entire lifecycle of the system? Never underestimate Sony's 1st party studios. Meanwhile, what's Rare up to? Kinect Sports Rivals. Riveting.

My $0.02: Keep it.

Edited by x RadicalAura x

Not to mention, every multiplatform game seems to be performing better on the PS4 and you inevitably have a handful exclusives too look forward to on the nearby horizon if you hang onto it. Driveclub? The Order: 1886? Infamous: Second Son? Uncharted 4? Deep Down? Media Molecule's next release? Insomniac's next release? (you know Sunset Overdrive isn't all that they're working on) Quantic Dream's next release? Sony Santa Monica's next release? Team Ico? (The Last Guardian) Polyphony? ThatGameCompany? (Journey, Flower) Ninja Theory? (Heavenly Sword 2) I think you get my point.

I doubt Insomniac would leave Sony just to turn around & make more exclusives for them, if anything their next game after Sunset will be multi-platform. Ninja Theory isn't going back to making exclusive games either, their past couple games have been all multi-platform.

Also, lol @ The Last Guardian getting released. You have a point with the rest of Sony's solid line-up though; it's the reason I'm getting a PS4 after I get an X1, it'll be an "exclusives machine" for me.

Though, I do think MS has listened to the complaints about the lack of exclusives & will step up their game. MS has a pretty good library of exclusive IPs that they haven't used much in the past couple of years; I think they'll start to dig into that library to try & help them compete with the PS4.

Last I checked...they are all performing the same...unless you're referring to the silly resolution difference on 1 or 2 of them.

I don't know about you, but I find it embarassing that COD Ghosts (running on a 7+ yr. old engine) only runs at 720p while the PS4 version runs at 1080P. That's a problem. I love how people tried to stick up for Microsoft's decision to go with ESRAM... Basically the Cell Processor 2.0 with a whole new development learning curve.

I doubt Insomniac would leave Sony just to turn around & make more exclusives for them, if anything their next game after Sunset will be multi-platform. Ninja Theory isn't going back to making exclusive games either, their past couple games have been all multi-platform.

Also, lol @ The Last Guardian getting released. You have a point with the rest of Sony's solid line-up though; it's the reason I'm getting a PS4 after I get an X1, it'll be an "exclusives machine" for me.

Though, I do think MS has listened to the complaints about the lack of exclusives & will step up their game. MS has a pretty good library of exclusive IPs that they haven't used much in the past couple of years; I think they'll start to dig into that library to try & help them compete with the PS4.

Umm there's a little game called Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus. Heard of it? Yeah, they were developing that at the same time as Fuse. Your idea about them "leaving" Sony is just flawed. Your assumption about Ninja Theory is purely speculative. And you clearly haven't played Ico or SotC if you're unwilling to be patient for TLG.

I don't know about you, but I find it embarassing that COD Ghosts (running on a 7+ yr. old engine) only runs at 720p while the PS4 version runs at 1080P. That's a problem. I love how people tried to stick up for Microsoft's decision to go with ESRAM... Basically the Cell Processor 2.0 with a whole new development learning curve.

Developers have been developing for consoles using eSRAM/eDRAM for many, many years.

As for the resolution, MS doesn't demand devs make their games at 1080p like Sony does. Also, from what I've heard the Xbox One version runs smoother than the PS4 version (or at least it did when it launched).

Edited by xhunterrrr

Developers have been developing for consoles using eSRAM/eDRAM for many, many years.

As for the resolution, MS doesn't demand devs make their games at 1080p like Sony does. Also, from what I've heard the Xbox One version runs smoother than the PS4 version (or at least it did when it launched).

ESRAM is a bottleneck... http://hothardware.com/News/Developers-Claim-Xbox-One-Much-Weaker-Than-PS4-We-Evaluate-The-Evidence/

I own the PS4 version of Ghosts and as I said earlier, my brother owns a copy for the Xbox One. Performance wise (graphical fidelity aside), they perform identically... Aside from the fact that the install time for the Xbox One version is atrocious compared to the PS4 version.

JackFrags... http://n4g.com/news/1382647/jackfrags-confirms-ps4-multiplayer-battlefield-4-looks-better-than-xbox-one-sp#c-8407632

I think it was a wise choice for Sony to go with the more traditional architecture (GDDR5), that's my point. They clearly learned their lesson with the Cell Processor, which developers seemed to unanimously hate from ~2006-2008.

I never said it wasn't hard to develop for, I was just pointing out it isn't some massive learning curve because it has been in consoles since the PS2.

Anyway, I'm not going to get into this as this has been discussed to death many times.

I never said it wasn't hard to develop for, I was just pointing out it isn't some massive learning curve because it has been in consoles since the PS2.

Anyway, I'm not going to get into this as this has been discussed to death many times.

Fair enough. Time will tell. At least they didn't go with identical architecture, keeps things interesting.

I may sound like I hate the Xbox One but at the end of the day, the reality is that competition's a beautiful thing (e.g. PS+ offerings have gotten even better since the inception of Games with Gold). I have nothing against someone else buying an Xbox One, I personally just can't justify the purchase of one at this point, from what I've seen and experienced on my bro's Xbox One.