Anyone that still hasn't unlocked Yokozuna yet...

Hey guys!

Bad news for all you players that still have not unlocked Yokozuna.

Turns out the latest update (March 25th 2013) patched the Sunshine Tour Glitch.

Now you HAVE to beat ALL ghosts (and yes, that means Expert as well).

As I could guess, you guys are thinking you could just delete the patch and everything is fine? Wrong.

You absolutely need at least the Title release update. Deleting the patch breaks the game and does not award you Yokozuna.

You guys now have 3 solutions:

-Beat all Expert Ghosts (ouch)

-Be lucky enough to NOT have played since March 25th, 2013/have played at least one time after release date but before March 25th (so you at least have ONE update, just not this one)

This means that when you boot up the console, ABSOLUTELY DO NOT ACCEPT THE UPDATE (Or simply play offline)

Now if you're like me, and you accepted the update, don't fear, there could be ONE last solution for you guys...

-Find a local friend that played Sonic Transformed after it's release date, but HAS NOT PLAYED SINCE MARCH 25TH. He also MUST have kept his original update patch in his Xbox

What you do then is:

-Put your profile in a USB

-Copy your save data in that same USB

-Get on his Xbox and put your USB in it.

-When the game suggests you to update, DO NOT UPDATE (or simply play offline)

-Beat the expert ghost in Sunshine Tour*

*I can also confirm that even if you ALREADY had beat the ghost on your after-patch save data, you can go in Sunshine Tour, play with any character and then do at least ONE LAP in the event. The game will recognize the fact that you had already beaten the Ghost and a big YOKOZUNA will appear on screen.

The achievement will not pop. DON'T WORRY.

Press the "Y" button and then you will see it appear.

Hope this helps you guys out!

• 3 months later...

Thank you very much for posting this.

I have beaten this expert ghost yesterday and thought I could forget getting this achievement on the "old" easy way.

Unfortunately I didn't have someone in reach who has the title update to use his Xbox or copy it from.

But I found resources on the internet where lots of old patches are available and found the title update 1 for this game there.

Just copy it to a USB stick and then "move" it to the 360 and everything works fine.

So thanks to that I was still able to unlock it today by replaying a round on Sunshine tour mirror without beating my previous best (though only offline of course, but who cares).

If anyone is looking for a source to get the old patch, you could check this site out: http://www.xbuc.net

Edited by Neo777

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm very late in this game, so I've this question: My son played the game after March 25th 2013 (I borrowed it from a friend), so he downloaded the patch, but he played with his own gamertag

I just bought the game this week but I deleted the Update from my HD, If I just play the game with my own gamertag offline, can I unlock Yokozuna the easy way ?

I read what "Lily Mu RB" said about "You absolutely need at least the Title release update. Deleting the patch breaks the game and does not award you Yokozuna.", but I'm going to play offline for the very first time with my own gamertag, do that means the game was broken after release and unplayable, and I do really need the title update to play it ? broken in which way ?

Thanks

I just bought the game this week but I deleted the Update from my HD, If I just play the game with my own gamertag offline, can I unlock Yokozuna the easy way ?

I read what "Lily Mu RB" said about "You absolutely need at least the Title release update. Deleting the patch breaks the game and does not award you Yokozuna.", but I'm going to play offline for the very first time with my own gamertag, do that means the game was broken after release and unplayable, and I do really need the title update to play it ? broken in which way ?

Unfortunately it won't work if you install no patch at all and play only offline. That was the first thing I tried (because it would be obviously the easiest) and it didn't work.

If you don't have the "old" title update somewhere on your HDD or can copy it from someone elses HDD to a USB drive you need to get it from somewhere else.

As I stated you can get loads of patches for free from http://www.xbuc.net (you only need to register with a username and password (no e-mail) to download their software, of course there also may be other sites that do the same job).

This works really great, I can only recommend to give it a try.

I don't know anything about "breaking the game" from my tries. I had the most recent update, deleted it and played with no title update at all offline. It didn't break anything, but I also got no achievement.

Just to be on the safeside though it won't harm to backup your savegame on the USB drive. That never hurts.