Review leaked, some finished in under 4 hours

KFZ Scrubs

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/first-dishonored-review-score-leaked-game-finished-by-some-people-under-four-hours/

Here's the article:

We normally don’t like sharing leaks about early review scores, but Dishonored is one of our most anticipated games of 2012 and we are happy to inform you that CVG’s score got leaked today. The reason we are happy is because the game gained an almost perfect score (9.5/10), suggesting that it is indeed one of the best games of 2012. Of course, early reviews can’t be trusted – well, most of the times – but we are pretty sure that Arkane Studios is capable of delivering a really interesting title.

According to the closing comments of CVG’s review, Dishonored offers incredible freedom, features an exciting and believable dystopian world and works equally well as a stealth or an action game. In its video review (that was also leaked but is private right now), CVG stated that Dishonored is GOTY and that it was a “once in a generation game that rewards patience.”

In other news, some gamers got their copies earlier than anticipated and managed to finish the game under four hours. We should note that other gamers have finished Arkane’s title in under six-seven hours, suggesting that the game’s length depends entirely on your playing style. Level designer Dan Todd, on the other hand, said that the game should last about 20 hours, give or take. As he wrote in the official Bethesda forum:

“My ghost and no kills playthrough took 22 hours. That’s without exploring every nook and cranny, and knowing the solution to everything beforehand.”

Dishonored will be officially unleashed on October 12th on PC, X360 and PS3!

http://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/888888888grrc6.png

I'm interested in this game.... I just hope I don't finish it as quick because I like bang for my buck. If it's that quick of a finish... sorry, it's a rent

I always take my time with games. So the length of someone else's playthrough is irrelevant to me. As long as the game is high quality and enjoyable, then it's worth the price in my opinion. I'm highly anticipating playing this next week. :)

exactly. I'm the type who wants to run off into the distance and explore everything. Hell that's why I've put 200+ hours into fallout 3 and STILL haven't finished the main story, or even all the sidequests.

Also, this sounds like a multiple playthroughs game. From the various previews out there, missions play out differently depending on your choices and the game gives you loads of ways to be a badass/ghost. I know I intend to attempt a silent play and also a kill everything in sight play.

as to the topic, I'm glad it got such high praise, I hope this game does well. I'm excited for Tuesday!

Also, this sounds like a multiple playthroughs game. From the various previews out there, missions play out differently depending on your choices and the game gives you loads of ways to be a badass/ghost. I know I intend to attempt a silent play and also a kill everything in sight play.

Yea, it does sound a lot like the Hitman games and what not, allowing you to play through the game a ton of different ways. I'm not sure if it will be as open as the Hitman games, but I guess we'll find out in a few days.

yeah i mean you can beat fallout new vegas in under 3 hrs if you do everything right and i believe people also beat skyrim in around the same time in a speed run so if you skip everything im sure you can beat it that fast it wouldnt be the first game that you could do that i mean fallout and skyrim are some of the biggest games out there but i am hoping that it lives up to the 9.5 hopefully it gets some 10s

If you seriously believe that this game can be beaten in 4 hours, something is wrong with you. I could see it if you had played the game 3 times, on easy, and just ran to each objective full speed. But anyone who plays this for the first time is not going to beat it in 4 hours.

That's like bitching about Portal 2 being 4 hours. Sure if you know every puzzle by heart and just speed run through it.

Anyone I see most people getting this game for the stealth. Which means by default you will be playing somewhat slow. Include collectibles, exploration, side missions, there is no way its 4 hours.

yep it can be beaten very quickly the stealth adds to the length but if you played on easy and just run in guns blazing and kill everyone then it will be fast, im making videos for the the game and it's taking me a while to get through because im playing in stealth so :)

So you can beat the story in 4 hours by blasting through it on easy. The real question to me is how long it takes to get the 1k. I am betting it will be much longer than 4 hours.

Those people that have to speed run the game just to be 'first' to complete it don't bother me. It is interesting when they do that and then complain that the game is too short or that they didn't have much fun with it.

fuck this 4 hour bull. Hell, i remember taking a few days to beat Quest 64 on the N64 and then I went on youtube and saw a kid legitimately beat it in 3 hours flat.

There are just some people in our world that don't get a breath of fresh air.

I have no doubt in my mind that everyone planning to get this won't be rushing through this game. Getting 1K will be interesting. Depending on how the game works, beating the game using only blink could be difficult. That's just mentioning ONE of the difficult achievements listed.

Yeah 4 hours is easy difficulty, skip side missions, skip collectibles, skip cutscenes, skip the fun. I definitely see it possible after finishing mission 2. Which took me several hours of sneaking and alternate paths. But if you really went guns blazing on easy and just ran your ass to the boss and then off of there, yes I could see a mission only taking 30 or so minutes each.

Your playthrough time will entirely depend on your skill. I normally play through games very quickly as I don't explore much and I try to be very efficient. I think it's fun. I beat Uncharted 1 in 4.5 hours the first time with no walkthrough - so it's totally possible to beat a top tier single player game in such a short amount of time.

Definitely not buying this game as it sounds like a waste of money. I'll get it next year on Amazon for $15.

It's always a good sign when literally every major reviewer is giving a game glowing praise and near perfect scores. I simply can't wait to dive into this game on Tuesday. It looks absolutely amazing. It very well could be in the running for game of the year. That's a pretty significant feat for a new IP that up to now hasn't garnered anywhere near the buzz that it apparently deserves. I'm immensely pleased with the way this is turning out. :)

Not a big deal to be honest, a stealth game is always going to be short if you play it, well, non-stealthily. Games like this are all about trial and error, trying to find the best way to tackle each stage (and lets not forget all those tasty powers we can experiment with!) :D

A "run and gun" playthrough of Hitman Blood Money weighs in at about 2-3hours long but getting a Silent Assassin grade on each level took me well over 25hours :)

Not worried about game length. People who whip through games like that don't take the time to appreciate it, they're simply plowing through as quickly as possible.

I can beat Borderlands 2 in about 2 or 3 hours if I want. But, enjoying the game thoroughly, I took almost 30 hours on my first playthrough.

cheers.