Rockham & 3rd Pile Up - 100,000,000 Points

Cincaid

Alright, so I'm slowly starting to go insane over here. In working towards the 270 stars achievement I haven't had this much trouble as I am having now. I've been trying to get this damn star for hours now, and the closest I got was around 80,000,000 (which just felt like insane luck).

I feel like the two giant holes in the middle of the two roads are the main issue for me, since most cars fall down those rather than being saved for Inferno. I've been trying with every single car (with and without Elite paint job) to see if Aftertouch or Crash Breaker is the best route, and so far the biggest truck with Elite color have helped me the most. But still, I very rarely get over 50,000,000 points, and I'm seriously this close to give up.

So please, if anyone have gotten this star and have a solid strategy for me to use, share it with me. I'm close to throw my controller out the window by now.

Just an update that I finally got the damn star!

Sadly it was done through what I think a bug. During Inferno you can drop down the holes, and when you respawn the timer is reset and won't tick again until you crash/detonate. This made it possible to keep resetting the timer and blow stuff up. Just thought I'd share if anyone else is having issues with any Pile Up level (though maybe you already know about it...).

• 5 weeks later...

31 attempts later and i finally got it! only 2 more stars on this junction on road trip an ive completed the game :D

drive at the 2nd car so it swerves at a lampost etc then ram the 1st car from behind blocking the junction, the 3rd should crash into the back of you... allow the 1st load of cars to pile up around you before using the crash breaker to get over the other side of the road, now work on blocking that side off too... save as many buildings/sports cars for the inferno as possible [i didnt actually trigger the gold car and was only on a 3x multiplier]

oh and you need a shit load of luck with this one ;)