...Sigh...Man steals 9 yr old boy's surgery donation money...sigh...

ApochWeiss

...sigh...

The world seemed pretty heartless earlier this week to the family of Aidan Sullivan, a 9-year-old born with a disorder that left one side of his face underdeveloped, deforming his jaw and skull and leaving him without a right ear.

A thief crashed a fundraiser meant to pay for surgery to construct an ear for the boy out of the cartilage from his rib, making off with about $8,000 raised for the brave son of a New York City firefighter.

But today, a foundation in a nearby community was on its way to the family's home with a check to replace the stolen money, and others who read about the third-grader's plight have also offered to help.

"One person did a bad thing, but a lot of people are stepping up to help," Tim Sullivan, a lieutenant with the New York City Fire Department, told the local Journal News for a story today. "It proves to us that there are good people out there. We're very grateful."

Added his wife, Colleen: "A bad thing turned into a good thing."

Aidan, of Brewster, N.Y., was born with hemifacial microsomia, a congenital disorder where the right side of his face is underdeveloped. The boy has undergone about 10 surgeries already, and even though he doesn't like hospitals and worries about being away from his 4-year-old sister, Kaylee, he was looking forward to this particular operation.

"Finally, an ear," he told the New York Post. "I want to look normal."

The theft happened Nov. 20, at a fundraiser sponsored by a group of firefighters. According to Colleen Sullivan, about $7,000 cash collected that night was put in an envelope and then placed in a box with about $1,000 in checks that were collected at an earlier fundraiser.

But the box was stolen at the end of the night when a family friend put it down for a moment.

"Everybody that was in the place that night knew that we were there to raise money to put an ear on a little kid," Tim Sullivan told the local ABC News affiliate in an interview after the theft. "How could you be such a bad person to a kid, a 9-year-old kid that needs an ear?"

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/surgery-money-stolen-at-fundraiser-for-aidan-sullivan/19734973?icid=main|aim|dl1|sec1_lnk1|186684

.......Whoever stole it....I hope his weiner gets bit off by a dog or if it's a woman she get's aids from a toilet seat. Done.

God the world is just going down the toilet these days

Have a flick through history. Humanity used to be much worse.

Don't get me wrong, this is terrible... The man is a poor excuse for a human being, but at the end of the day, this sort of shit will go on for a long time, because there's those sorts of people out there.

Don't get me wrong, this is terrible... The man is a poor excuse for a human being, but at the end of the day, this sort of shit will go on for a long time, because there's those sorts of people out there.

Perhaps this website should form some sort of underground organization, and take care of some of the world's problem. :p No jurdiction! :woop:

Have a flick through history. Humanity used to be much worse.

There will always be those who abuse and take advantage of others, whether it's a case like this, or an elderly person robbed of their life savings. Humanity contains both the best, and the worst, possible examples of how people treat others.

Perhaps this website should form some sort of underground organization, and take care of some of the world's problem. :p No jurdiction! :woop:

They'd never suspect members of an xbox 360 site to go all vigilante on the world. Perfect idea.

There will always be those who abuse and take advantage of others, whether it's a case like this, or an elderly person robbed of their life savings. Humanity contains both the best, and the worst, possible examples of how people treat others.

No doubt. I have very little faith in the average human being, and I personally always think the worst of people at first. Still, I'd like to think there's more good than bad...

For all of you saying "this world is fucked up!" It's not, it's a minority who is making the world seem like a horrible place, but there's so much more people who are willing to help people out, and try to help to make a better quality of life for people.

Unfortunately, these days, the media are much more concerned about the negative side of the world.

Edited by Tufty

LOL I second that. This is something that the thief should suffer, it must be eating his conscience.

Doubt it. Some people are just complete dicks and they just genuinely have no conscience. It's surprising the amount of people that don't seem to be able to guage right and wrong either. I wouldnt be surprised if this thief didn't think it was 'that bad'.

well, that piece of shit will definitely get what's coming to him. filthy, criminal trash.

That's the sad thing. I'd be willing to bet that he/she won't be caught. In which case, they won't get what's coming to them. At all. :rolleyes:

...sigh...

.......Whoever stole it....I hope his weiner gets bit off by a dog or if it's a woman she get's aids from a toilet seat. Done.

Wow still the official newsreader of the website?

2 Years since I've been here.

All those infractions I got for spamming... and yet this guy has 4000 posts of pure dross.

:rolleyes:

C'est la vie.

Wow still the official newsreader of the website?

2 Years since I've been here.

All those infractions I got for spamming... and yet this guy has 4000 posts of pure dross.

:rolleyes:

C'est la vie.

...and here with the 6o'clock news everyday it's apoch

I guess it's kinda a tradition, I had stopped using this site for a while, and when I came back he was still telling the news. And he isn't really spamming because he isn't saying 'lol' after every post or something along those lines. So I don't mind Its a BIG forum, it's easy to avoid people.