Game Info

L3giOn

SKATE will deliver the feel of skating through innovative controls, authentic cameras and a fully reactive skateboarding city. The game features professional skaters such as Danny Way and PJ Ladd, as well as a reactive city and relevant in-game cameras that capture and deliver the most authentic skateboard videogame experience to date.

"Our game offers a skate mecca for both skaters and gamers in search of the definitive authentic skating video game experience," said Scott Blackwood, executive producer, EA Black Box. "We're focused on capturing the actual feeling of skating with the innovative control system, the physics driven animations, the intelligent cameras working together to really deliver the closest thing to being on a board."

SKATE's unique control scheme captures the true feel of skating versus the typical button mashing gameplay of past skating games. Featuring physics-driven animations, gamers will have a unique gaming experience every time they pick up the controller since no two tricks will ever be the same.

Developed by EA Black Box in Vancouver, British Columbia, SKATE will deliver all the style, fun, creativity and culture of skateboarding without the countless hours of practice, broken bones and hospital visits.

This sounds good to me, but to be honest, I don't think they are going to achieve what they say they want...I don't know about anyone else, but I don't button mash when playing Tony Hawk, I actually hit my combos, rather than luck into them smashing buttons, and the trick mode is the best feature in my opinion since adding reverts and flatland tricks into skating games...granted a lot of tricks get blown way out of proportion in skating games, but if they weren't, and there wasn't some crazy off the wall things in video games, people wouldn't play them...I don't want to play a video game about skateboarding where I won't be able to hold a combo of over 10000000 points because it isn't realistic, and not what that video game is going for...just my 2 cents, but we'll see when it comes out...

• 1 month later...

I personally am A gamer through and through, so It's not going to make or break me how real this game is. I am however, being a THPS series lover, interested in what this is going to turn out and how many people it will attract in the long run. I think skaters who game will fancy this a little more than the crazy stuff in THPS. But THPS has some crazy things in there....but that's because Tony himself is a kid at heart ( I mean he hangs out with Bam right?) So anyways.....Amoung my ranting, I'm looking forward to playing this game and seeing the outcome of EA's Offerings...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Maybe for the gamers but coming from someone who skates everyday i cant wait for skate....Nothing against the hawk games but Tony Hawk is the gamers skate game and SKATE is he skaters game

I agree with that completely. I can't wait for the game, it sounds pretty sweet.

• 2 weeks later...

lol @ skate can't compete with Tony Hawk. The demo alone blows the THPS series out of the water. I, too, am a skater and have been waiting for a realistic game such as this to come out.

I can't keep count of how many times I've played this demo; it's amazing.

One question though: does anyone have a list of the tricks and how to do them? I did some varial kick and heel flips by accident along with an inward heel flip and a hard flip but those two only happened once for me. Anything would be appreciated.

One question though: does anyone have a list of the tricks and how to do them? I did some varial kick and heel flips by accident along with an inward heel flip and a hard flip but those two only happened once for me. Anything would be appreciated.

There's some images in this forum that have been posted in threads which show how to do all the tricks. :)

Maybe for the gamers but coming from someone who skates everyday i cant wait for skate....Nothing against the hawk games but Tony Hawk is the gamers skate game and SKATE is he skaters game

This is excatly what I was thinking.

Tony Hawks games weren't bad, but I wanted something realistic.

I have been talking about how they need to make a game like this for years.

And I am excited they finally did.

And from the demo and all the videos I've seen, this game is going to be amazing.

btw, does anybody know the excact release dat for skate. Because at one site i see 14 september, the other i see 21, another one says 20 and one says in october...

I am pretty sure it's the 21st of September for Europe, might be the 14th for US (lucky grrr). Good thing is PS3 have to wait 2 weeks and they get it in October haha.:woop:

Hit the nail right on the head. Im a skater and been skatin for about 10 years, and when i was playing the demo and it was teaching me how to ollie, i was like a little kid in a candy store! Barley even began to play tha game and it's already way better that THPS...shit to ride in the bowl and halfpipes you REALLY have to pump in the transitions to get some decent air. Anyways this is gunna become one of the best skateboarding games ever(imo)

Stretch

Ive been playing the tony hawk games since the first one came out and im kinda burnt out on em...over the years it has gotten increasingly more and more unrealistic to the point i dont want to play em anymore...being a skater myself I find skate to be realistic, informative, and fun as hell. This is what a skating game should be. Cant wait for its release.

• 3 months later...