Challenge 6

MARK1219KRAM

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I made my first attempt at challenge 6 yesterday and here are my thoughts so far.

Wave 1 is easy, so much easier than the other waves that I prefer to think of it as a 4-Wave challenge, because Wave 1 is just a joke.

Wave 2 is a struggle for me. Usually I get killed by the Bogy's laser barrage. Seems like boost dodging is the only way to deal with it, but obviously you can't boost dodge if you're overheated. I'm getting overheated a lot either just from damage or the purple satellites. Sometimes I just can't shoot them down fast enough. Also, at the start, I have to use 2 EMPs to get rid of the helis. Using one isn't enough as a few of them survive.

I haven't been past Wave 3 yet. I tried the method of cutting off the Romanov's heads with the disk launcher, but it didn't work to well for me. I think killing them normally just by shooting them in the back is probably better. Also, cutting their heads off doesn't actually neutralize them as they can still damage you.

On wave 2 I haven't been having much success staying in the area around the back of the statue. If the statue gets destroyed, or I get overheated, then it's all over. I'll try staying near the area where you spawn instead, which is at the front.

Only 2 days after my first attempt, I have beaten Challenge 6 :). In approximately 30 total attempts at the challenge, I got to Wave 5 four times. I beat Wave 5 on that fourth attempt. I got Bogey Bravo down quite quickly with the LoL while also doing a bit of damage to Bogey Alpha. I finished off Alpha with the HMG and AR. On my winning run, I only used one EMP. I didn't need to use any during Wave 5. This is without doubt the most difficult achievement I have ever unlocked. Thanks to everyone who posted tips, especially Ferocious Swan - his tip about turning the music down so you can hear what the Bogeys are saying proved invaluable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j9JcS_48MY]Vanquish Tactical Challenge 6 Tutorial - YouTube[/ame]

This video is much better then the one posted.

Finally got the achievement today, ran out of homing and rockets so I had to take down the second bogey using a HMG....damn it was tense... Won in critical health with nades all around me.

• 5 months later...

Wooo! just did it after about 3 weeks. Also ran out of rockets and lock on laser at the end and had to take him down with the HMG. Is it just me, or does the final bogey get way faster after his buddy dies?? It took me 19:41:43 ....holy hell that was intense.

Well these are my tips:

Wave 1: Easy, just pepper the RIs, and bash Crystal Viper if he gets near. The Crystal Viper will leave an upgrade cube. Do not touch this.

Wave 2: Bogey in the middle, and two batches of RIs and flying turrets on both sides. Chances are you might have to pitch one or two EMPs to get rid of the turrets. If you are feeling adventerous, try to use just 1 to get rid of the batch on the right. Focus on Bogey while fighting at the doorway. Once he's done, relax and pick off the rest of the RIs.

Wave 3: Toss a grenade in the middle area, where a batch of RIs spawn. This will wipe them, leaving you with Romanovs. Start with the fire on the right, and pop his tank. Hide again, then move onto the gun Romanov. Get RID OF HIS TURRET ON HIS SHOULDER immediately. Next, rile up the missle Romanov in the back. When he begins his nuke, immediatey slow down and pop it, it will kill him instantly. Now make your way to the other side for some breathing room, or focus on the gun Romanov with Shotgun blasts. Use LFE for breathing room if the drills get close. One of the Romanovs will drop a Rocket Launcher. Grab this immediately (I swap with Assault Rifle).

Wave 4: Ninja RIs, Balls, and a couple turret RIs in the air. Two BIAs (Scorpions). This wave is the hardest (imo), because you are screwed from all angles. You may need to chuck those last EMPs for this one. Try to get rid of the turrets ASAP... this is the biggest threat. Use the Rocket Launcher if you have a nice group coming after you, or need breathing room. You still have an upgrade cube if you need more Rocket ammo. The scorpions are nothing but bullet sponges, but they arent too bad to deal with when everything else is taken care of. Use LFE to push them back for some breathing room. If anyone knows a good weakness to scorpions... post please. Before you kill the last Scorpion, go around and get yourself set up. Grab the set of EMPs if you havent used them. I go into the next wave with HMG / Rocket / LFE.

Wave 5: Balls, and the two Bogeys. You (should) still have the other EMPs, so chuck one to help clear the Balls. The LFE (should) kill them in one hit. Once that's done you are so close to home you can taste it. If you SOMEHOW still have Rocket ammo. Immediately focus on ONE and get as much health off as you can. Despite that video, I believe having Rocket is a surefire win, in this fight. If you can defeat one, it will actually drop (as the video shows) another Rocket Launcher, making te other guy an instant kill (unless you completely screw up).

I have not finished Challenge 6, the farthest I got was just the Two Bogeys left... and almost killed one. This was my strategy. Wave 4 is the most troublesome... so any tips on that can make or break a victory.