Chao Discussion Thread

ghsbe

They only die if they arent happy. Otherwise they reincarnate. Mine is S in all but running (at A now) through only reincarnation.

Ah, I did not know that. We just thought it was something that happened naturally to older chao. Also, the strong seed is something I don't remember from my time with this game back in the day. Do the fruits from the strong tree have any special effects or anything?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I did not know that. We just thought it was something that happened naturally to older chao. Also, the strong seed is something I don't remember from my time with this game back in the day. Do the fruits from the strong tree have any special effects or anything?

Strong fruit increase the chaos stamina by 12% each bite and by 14% on the last one as opposed to just 10% from a normal fruit. However, right now there appears to be a glitch in the hero garden that makes the hero fruit ridiculously strong to the point where you level up the stamina once per fruit they eat.

Strong fruit increase the chaos stamina by 12% each bite and by 14% on the last one as opposed to just 10% from a normal fruit. However, right now there appears to be a glitch in the hero garden that makes the hero fruit ridiculously strong to the point where you level up the stamina once per fruit they eat.

Ah, I did notice that. I just thought it was because my recently evolved hero chao's Stamina was an S rank. Well, I don't mind it. Stanima is the most obnoxious thing to level up.

Yes, yes it is. I intend on putting my chao in the hero garden and just leaving it on for a day when I want to get it to 99. It seems to increase by like 30 a day if you just let them do their thing. I'm excited to finish this one chao up and then get back to the main game and start getting some emblems. I want to start making some cool looking chao.

I dont know. I was hoping theyd implement some system to get special chao like the tails chao via getting emblems or finding them hidden in certain stages. I guess its just impossible ATM.

It seems like ghsbe is the go-to-guy for this thread, but does anyone else know?

I would like to get my facts straight before I go running off and write angry letters to Sega.

It seems like ghsbe is the go-to-guy for this thread, but does anyone else know?

I would like to get my facts straight before I go running off and write angry letters to Sega.

"On other games, it is possible to get many more kinds of Jewel Chao: Ruby, Sapphire, Amethyst, Emerald, Garnet, Aquamarine, Peridot, Topaz, and Onyx; it is also possible to get Shiny Jewel Chao, which have strange and unusual appearances such as being transparent. Unfortunately, it seems that the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions do not include any of these." I looked this up on Chao Island. I guess you can't get them. Sorry, mate.

http://chao.hippotank.com/sadx/breeds-ps3-360 here's the link if you are interested.

Yes, yes it is. I intend on putting my chao in the hero garden and just leaving it on for a day when I want to get it to 99. It seems to increase by like 30 a day if you just let them do their thing. I'm excited to finish this one chao up and then get back to the main game and start getting some emblems. I want to start making some cool looking chao.

I may well do that. I've beat all but the Final Story and am looking to do some emblem hunting and focused chao raising.

I got my chao to all S's and I'm currently waiting to see if it will turn in to an angel chao. I hope it works :p So far I have 260 hours logged in this game and I haven't even really done much of the story. I have the good and evil sides done but not the final ending, and I haven't even done like 10% of the missions. I've been leaving it on for my chao to age. I'm looking forward to knocking out the chao emblems once I get this chao to turn in to an angel chao. I can finally get that "raise every skill to level 10" achievement, too.

"On other games, it is possible to get many more kinds of Jewel Chao: Ruby, Sapphire, Amethyst, Emerald, Garnet, Aquamarine, Peridot, Topaz, and Onyx; it is also possible to get Shiny Jewel Chao, which have strange and unusual appearances such as being transparent. Unfortunately, it seems that the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions do not include any of these." I looked this up on Chao Island. I guess you can't get them. Sorry, mate.

Well, that is a let down. Thanks anyway. It's time to write that letter.

Well, that is a let down. Thanks anyway. It's time to write that letter.

Can we fight with other chao online? I mean the karate thing, can you do versus on LIVE? If not put that in the letter too, because they are adding sonic the fighters with live but not this? I mean especially since it was DLC too, so it wasn't even included in the cost of the game. I think it's crappy that we won't ever be able to receive a ton of really cool chao.

On a more positive note, my chao is finally an all S angel chao. I'm currently working on getting its stats to 99.

I got my chao to all S's and I'm currently waiting to see if it will turn in to an angel chao. I hope it works :p So far I have 260 hours logged in this game and I haven't even really done much of the story. I have the good and evil sides done but not the final ending, and I haven't even done like 10% of the missions. I've been leaving it on for my chao to age. I'm looking forward to knocking out the chao emblems once I get this chao to turn in to an angel chao. I can finally get that "raise every skill to level 10" achievement, too.

I already got that one, man. That was easy since I played both sides of the story first.

Couple of questions:

How many times can a Chao reincarnate?

What stats roughly do I need to finish the Chao Races and Super Karate? I think I read somewhere that you can do it with all your stats still C Rank

Chao can reincarnate forever, as long as you treat them right.

The stats for my Chao for winning races was D Swimming level 99, C Flying Level 99, E Running Level 99, C Power Level 99, and B Stamina Level 99. I think if you have a better Running stat, preferably A rank, you may not need to have all the other stats maxed out at level 99.

For Chao Karate only Running and Stamina really matter and maybe Power. My Chao was B Running Level 99, C Power Level 99 and B Stamina Level 99. It may be better to get a A stat on Running for your Chao at level 99 just to be safe. If you can get your Chao fast enough your opponents won't have the speed to lay a single hit on you.

I personally think that Chao race/karate online would be a bad idea. With the infinite animal glitch and quick breeding an All S Rank Chao, I just think it would abused too much but that's just me.

On the other hand, I would've enjoyed the main game's multiplayer online.

Indeed. I kinda agree with another thread that I'd like to see an SA 3. That way we'd get modern graphics and gameplay that has hopefully learned from all the missteps of the various 3D Sonic games and, most importantly, more chao stuff and online multiplayer all around.

I'm just raising the two that I started with. I have two each in the other gardens for a total of six. But, one Hero and one Dark will work for me. The only thing is, they have stats from A-E, with some more important ones having the lower grade scale.

Oh well. I can manage. At least I don't have 8 per garden like my GCN file...

I'm just raising the two that I started with. I have two each in the other gardens for a total of six. But, one Hero and one Dark will work for me. The only thing is, they have stats from A-E, with some more important ones having the lower grade scale.

Oh well. I can manage. At least I don't have 8 per garden like my GCN file...

If you have a B on Running and Stamina and possibly Power you should be fine. B level 99 is a must for Running on Chao Karate, i very much doubt you will win the Super Mode if it's any lower.

If you don't have any of these stats on your Chao then maybe it would be wise to go and buy a Chao egg and hope it has a B on Running because it can be time consuming leveling up your Chao again and again.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm a bit of a Chao raising noob so I was wondering if these stats were good for the neutral chao to win the events:

Swim - B

Fly - E

Run - A

Power - C

Stamina -D

The stamina isn't very good but from what I've read, the running stat is pretty important. Can anyone offer any advice?