What do you guys think of the new maps?

Elitemouse

Just seeing a lot of threads about achievements and not much discussion on gameplay, curious how everyone is liking the maps.

For me:

Havana - One of the best looking maps in the game, but I don't like how it plays. There is no real options for getting up high and having a good overlook of the area, you are stuck going inside the buildings on the ground level or maybe one floor up, if you try and go on the rooftops you hit a restricted zone, which is bullshit. It really was designed specifically for titan battles, such a large and open map. 6/10

Dig Site - Good map, nice tight corridors and good flow between buildings, not a very good map for parkour but for my playstyle it fits really well. 7.5/10

Export - This is now one of my most favorite maps out of the whole game, nice open area can see pretty much everywhere which is great for cross map carbine sniping, buildings all over and pretty much all of them you can go inside which really opens up alternate routes around the map. It reminds me of angel city a lot, just all around really well designed for titanfall's playstyle. 9.5/10

Just seeing a lot of threads about achievements and not much discussion on gameplay, curious how everyone is liking the maps.

For me:

Havana - One of the best looking maps in the game, but I don't like how it plays. There is no real options for getting up high and having a good overlook of the area, you are stuck going inside the buildings on the ground level or maybe one floor up, if you try and go on the rooftops you hit a restricted zone, which is bullshit. It really was designed specifically for titan battles, such a large and open map. 6/10

Dig Site - Good map, nice tight corridors and good flow between buildings, not a very good map for parkour but for my playstyle it fits really well. 7.5/10

Export - This is now one of my most favorite maps out of the whole game, nice open area can see pretty much everywhere which is great for cross map carbine sniping, buildings all over and pretty much all of them you can go inside which really opens up alternate routes around the map. It reminds me of angel city a lot, just all around really well designed for titanfall's playstyle. 9.5/10

I agree with you, almost completely. My only difference is that the map is called "Haven" not "Havana" ;) I'm not a fan of it. It looks great, but it's a window camper's wet dream. Irritates me.

Much like the last pack, I'm not too impressed. It's probably mostly to do with having to play them over and over for the achievements and getting burned out on them though. I think Dig Site is a really well designed map, just based on how big it is and how many interiors there are. Problem is, it might be a little too big and too maze-like for the flow of the game. At one point I had eleven kills on there, and I went about three minutes without being able to find a Pilot on the map before the match ended. It was pretty annoying.

I'm gonna lump both DLC releases together and rank them:

1. War Games (Easily the best map for DLC and IMO the best map in the entire game)

2. Rundown (Not a very good looking map but it plays so damn well for me)

3. Haven (Might not play great but it's just too beautiful to not put it in the top three. Absolutely gorgeous.)

4. Dig Site (Another gorgeous map. Plays pretty well too.)

5. Export (Too constricted for me to enjoy the level. As a pilot, it's probably the most fun out of Frontier's Edge maps to traverse but it's an absolute nightmare for me in a titan.)

6. Swampland (Great looking map but I just really don't like the whole tree setup. Just not a fun map to play on IMO.)

I'd say Expedition is slightly better than Frontier's Edge but I don't regret either purchase (even if there weren't achievements tied to them).

I think they are all overly complicated this time around. In CTF and Hardpoint they are fine because you have destination points. But in any deathmatch style mode, you spend more time navigating the labyrinth looking for each other than you do actually fighting.

I agree with this statement. The maps are definitely good but overly complicated for Attrition, pilot hunter but for domination hard point, LTS and capture the flag they are great because there is a destination.

Good overall map packs.

Got to play them for the first time last night. About two rounds on each map and I have to say Haven is my favorite right now. Plenty of pilot to pilot action in center of the map leaving titans around the edges. Dig Site was a ton of fun but it can be dark sometimes and I have trouble seeing pilots. Export I really want to like but my experiences haven't been great on it. PH and LTS. The long roads make it for a fight for only certain titan weapons and everyone also sits back. I didn't notice too much flanking opportunities and everyone is scared to go towards the fences. Can't get my trap kill either...

Overall they are stunning and would say a better pack then Expedition.

Haven - Looks great, and is fun in a titan, but when a pilot I find the amount of windows annoying, feels like I need another pair of eyes to catch the campers!

Dig Site - Hella confusing at first but is brilliant for CTF when you get used to it. Again, more of a titan map than pilot

Export - All round good map for all game types BUT that trap is not a good idea. Pilots camp there all the time (probably looking for the achievement) and it can cut off that part of the map when you know what's going on with it.

Overall I've enjoyed my time with the maps but there needs to be a Season Pass playlist asap! Playing the same 3 maps, whether expedition or frontiers edge, is getting a little boring now...

Export - All round good map for all game types BUT that trap is not a good idea. Pilots camp there all the time (probably looking for the achievement) and it can cut off that part of the map when you know what's going on with it.

Yeah that's true that trap is such a pain in the ass because people farm it constantly for the achievement, all I want to do is go up to the top of the map with my chaingun titan and snipe people without getting damaged all the time. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Mediocre maps...

Expedition was way better (Swamp ftw)

Seemsl like (at least for me) every shooter, when he gets a new map pack there is an awesoem map, an mediocre "ok" map and a map i hate.

I never regret buying it, it's an ok map oack but not "woah need to buy"

Export = ok (trap thing was good > more!)

Haven = meh - way to generic (but that's way it's so beloved)

Dig site = good (dark with orange lightning > cool)