OpFor Done Easily

Tonic24k

Bah. The only thing available now is to attack Paris. I can win the Conquest mission no problem, the battle is a 50/50 (Veteran vehicles, no upgrades, enemy is +4 in rank from me), and I CAN NOT beat the seige. No matter how many wins/lossses I have in Paris, no other missions are available, it's always attacking Paris. I'll have to restart the war.

Not very well. Every mission is either Defensive Conquest (no advancement), or a Raid/Battle. Even though I'm winning every match (non upgraded vehicles, no less), I'm in Defcon. I have 12 territories, (every fight is against the US, except with the EU Captial, Paris), and EU is winning with 24 Territories.

Last battle I barely won(co-incidentally, the Battle for Paris), was down to my injured Gunships, against their Transports and Two engineers. I had to fly around avoiding them while waiting for WMD to re-charge.

I've got 5 Legendary Riflemen, with max attk/def upgrades, and I'm currently Rank 5.

Hopefully soon I'll get some Attack Conquest missions available. For now, bedtime.

EDIT: Oddly, even tho I'm still WINNING every battle, the only option now is the Conquest of Paris, even tho I share a million borders with EU, and a few with the Russians. I'm still in Defcon, and EU has 27 territories.

When there is a Conquest available I go and beat it right away, but it's often just a Defense game, which gives me no advancement anywhere. Once that's gone, all the other matches are still available, the Battles and Raids.

Suggestions?

If your luck is bad enough, you will eventually encounter some dead-end like battles, raid or capital. taking over capitals is extremely hard without powerful upgrades so don't bother. defense raid is much more easier than attack raid, the triangle tactic works well. for battles air support turns to be very helpful, with this deep strike strategy you will have endless CPs so feel free to call H.A.W.X.

I don't know why it always afflicts you so much, maybe you should be more aggressive on the world map, don't turn to be defense-priority but offense, some times you will find you've incredibly plundered 2 territories. try to capture some bases frist, it provides air support in some cases. it should goes like 12, 14, 15, 17, 18 territories in your possession, and each faction takes less than 5 hours. if your enemy keep on gaining territories, you'd better start it all over again. good luck!

Restarted the war, and within 19 turns, I won. Now to restart EU, and keep my rank low this time.

Should I bother with Mobility I? Speeds up capture of uplinks...but I might need that upgrade in Attack instead...

EDIT: OpFor gained. Didn't have to wipe the cache either. Many thanks to the writer of this guide for making this acheivement possible for me :)

LIVE subscription expired just an hour before I got this acheivement...and the only ones left are TOW lol. Time to switch games, I guess.

Edited by New Venari

So after playing my second campaign to beat the game on hardcore i did a lot better and I think i understand the way the computer deals with territories. So here is a collection of my experiences thus far.

Defending Raid - Never do this unless the other option loses you territories since you will just lose the support and not the territory.

Computer Retreating - the computer seems to retreat its units at a bar and a half of health left...

Camping uplinks - If there is a building next to the Uplink then jump in and snipe the riflemen/engineers that try to secure it and if they capture it then just wait till they run away and secure it again. If you camp inside the uplink you will be attacked more often and probably lose that rifleman shortly afterwards

Airstrikes - When you get them they are great, save 4CP's for when they try to secure an uplink and then you can just airstrike that uplink and snipe the unit trying to take it (with the sniper upgrades its pretty much a 1/hit ko since i've noticed they stop securing when they get down to a bar and a half of health)

Command drones - Just make them attack an enemy uplink and they will shoot all the enemy units in their path, or guard a hot uplink/rifleman to let them last longer. (your comand vehicle is more of a distraction for those god aweful artillery)

Unit Upgrades - Only upgrade your riflemen with Abillity 2 and the attacks+defense+mobility (you'll be rank 5)

Battles - I've done about 4 as the JSF and i kicked the computers butt everytime with unupgraded units, my stratagy with them was my main force of 1 commander, 2 artillery, 2 transports, and my supporting forces of a mix of gunships, infantry, and tanks. I just sat the command vehicle and the transports infront of my artillery to keep gunships at bay and artilleried everything that got into range. I sent my command drones to spot new targets along with the gunships (the gunships got no kills). If i had airstikes on that map i used them to beat up their crap that ran away from my artillery range.

SPZ turn 25 - Complete

JSF turn 12 - Complete

EFEC turn 13 - Complete

Edited by SergeDavid

• 1 month later...

Achievement unlocked.

JSF/Turn 14/CR 70%/Rank 3

EU/Turn 10/CR 71%/Rank 3

SPZ/Turn 6/CR 70%/Rank 3

Seems the attack/defend upgrades aren't necessary as I only ever used defence for Europe as a precaution.

Only upgrade the uplink that would benefit you strategically if it were crashed, the enemy will prioritise this one every time when you get them into defcon. Then you can upgrade 'til your heart's content.

I picked the Battalion with the rifleman bonus.

The more I played the less I played Defence missions, and looking at the turns taken I'd say fuck the defence missions. Attack balls out.

Edited by I CR0W I

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

brillant guide mate deep strike works a treat Russia was the hardest to complete with Europe being the easiest it took me 10 turns for europe and 25 for russia

if u have air strike support defo get it as without it i wouldnt of completed it in that time and after doing the whole game 3 times u will be sick of a few maps lol haha as they seemed to come up loads lol

if u have a battle to do and u have air support get the air support uplink and with one heli (which would b lvl1) and a command vehicle u can pull out a win lol haha i did that twice takes ages though but still i got a A rating lol

Battles - I've done about 4 as the JSF and i kicked the computers butt everytime with unupgraded units, my stratagy with them was my main force of 1 commander, 2 artillery, 2 transports, and my supporting forces of a mix of gunships, infantry, and tanks. I just sat the command vehicle and the transports infront of my artillery to keep gunships at bay and artilleried everything that got into range. I sent my command drones to spot new targets along with the gunships (the gunships got no kills). If i had airstikes on that map i used them to beat up their crap that ran away from my artillery range.

yh watch out for this as once defco triggers they will WMD all ya men and that could really put u in a tough spot

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got opfor today after I completed it for the 3rd time. I tried the clearing my cache technique but it didn't work so if anyone else has this problem I found deleting ALL your save files for endwar from your memory and then doing the three campaigns again worked for me.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...