important tip for campaign on legandary!

explicide

hey guys i just thought i give u one important tip for the legandary campaign.

i am currently doing the campaign on solo legandary and thought i share my stragety how to beat it the best way. it sounds simple but it just kicks ass^^

alsways carry a DMR or needle rifle to give headshots as primary weapon. secondary must be the plasma pistol to take out elite and zealot shields (load it up by holding down "RT", it will DEFENETLY take out their whole shield if you hit them) and then headshot them with with your DMR or needle rifle.

and anyway all other enemys can be shot with one headshot from DMR or needle rifle (exept hunters)

try it this way and you will see zealots and elites are not such a big problem.

hope this helps you guys out.

Great strategy, I myself was doing this throughout the whole game.

In addition, if you are fighting with your team, let them absorb/dish out damage. They can't die, so when they are not being dumb as fuck they actually help; a lot.

Also, if you are running low on ammo in your DMR chances are you won't find more from dead covies, TAKE THEIR GUNS.

yes this is a basic strategy for all Halo games and this has been mentioned on just about every thread about the Halo legendary campaign. Not trying to be a jerk, but please search before posting this kind of stuff. It is fine to mention this type of thing in other threads, but the Reach forums are now getting to the point where it is impossible to find anything...

what's a good weapon that takes out hunters?

Just let your teammate Kat handle the first two hunters in the campaign by going above the entrance outside to trigger her to go in and fight them. After about ten minutes she will have cleared them. All of the other Hunters in the campaign can be skipped for the most part and you do not need to actually fight them.

Just let your teammate Kat handle the first two hunters in the campaign by going above the entrance outside to trigger her to go in and fight them. After about ten minutes she will have cleared them. All of the other Hunters in the campaign can be skipped for the most part and you do not need to actually fight them.

except for the ones on the dry dock you fight with Emile.

what's a good weapon that takes out hunters?
Grab a shotgun and strafe left or right while taking shots at their backs. They have a cheap melee move that's kind of a sweeping motion and it's hard to avoid if you don't see it coming.

Oh and a needler rifle works pretty well on them if you want to shoot from a distance. Three needles in an exposed section will super-combine and do a little extra damage to them.

that strategy is call: Halo 3 Noob combo... and yes, it's the way to beat legendary
Been around since Halo CE. The noob combo name comes from it being a cheap, effective way to get kills in Halo 2. Edited by Ty-Rex

I hardly used the Plasma Pistol except at the start of the last mission (when you start with very little ammo and poor weapons) and the end of the last mission (when again you have very little ammo and poor weapons (only a shotgun or pistol or assault rifle)). The DMR alone works perfectly most of the time. You just can shoot the helmet off most bad guys and one shot them in the head, same with the pistol and the needle rifle.

The best tip I'd give is, don't want ammo. DMR especially. If you can kill using another weapon easily then go for that first until you run out of other ammo.

I hardly used the Plasma Pistol except at the start of the last mission (when you start with very little ammo and poor weapons) and the end of the last mission (when again you have very little ammo and poor weapons (only a shotgun or pistol or assault rifle)). The DMR alone works perfectly most of the time. You just can shoot the helmet off most bad guys and one shot them in the head, same with the pistol and the needle rifle.

The best tip I'd give is, don't want ammo. DMR especially. If you can kill using another weapon easily then go for that first until you run out of other ammo.

Yes, this game is merciless on Legendary for ammo...especially the end of Pillar of Autumn. The DMR is a lifesaver and definitely killing grunts or other low-end enemies with it are a waste of ammo.

hey guys i just thought i give u one important tip for the legandary campaign.

i am currently doing the campaign on solo legandary and thought i share my stragety how to beat it the best way. it sounds simple but it just kicks ass^^

alsways carry a DMR or needle rifle to give headshots as primary weapon. secondary must be the plasma pistol to take out elite and zealot shields (load it up by holding down "RT", it will DEFENETLY take out their whole shield if you hit them) and then headshot them with with your DMR or needle rifle.

and anyway all other enemys can be shot with one headshot from DMR or needle rifle (exept hunters)

try it this way and you will see zealots and elites are not such a big problem.

hope this helps you guys out.

Good stuff. This should help the noobies to Halo

No you can skip these too. I just climbed the roof and then let Emile engage them and then sprinted to the window and jumped through. I assume these are hunters you are referring to but maybe I have them confused with others.

this is the only hunters fight with Emile. i do the same

The best tips I can give are these

1. As often as possible always carry a zoomable weapon so you can headshot

2. Take it slow use cover and angles to get your shots with minimal risk. If you have Noble guys with you let them be bait so you can get shots off and let them do some of the killing.

3. Always look around for weapon stashes. Backtrack if there's a weapon you need now that you saw previously , go back and get it.

4. Look around for alternate routes, going in the 'front door' is usually death on Legendary. There are some parts where you can bypass too, unless there's an objective in the structure or area see if you can get past it without fighting.

5. I personally try and pickup the bubbleshield power whenever I find it. The active camo is also good if you're trying to be stealthy just watch out for gruts, they can see you still.

6. Take guys out from a distance whenever possible. And learn to prioritize your targets, whatever is going to kill you fastest take it out first.

Not trying hard enough!

The guy is trying to help people, so what if he didn't search it, perhaps he didn't think anyone had found this before.

Have some respect

Are you serious?! His post was very polite considering how old this topic is.

Tbh, i'm surprised this guy didn't get torn in to for creating such a common sense thread.