Low Scorer

More_Credible

Can anyone confirm or deny playing through the game with two controllers, with one controller (being the account you want the achievement on), being carried by the other account through the entire game as long as the main account doesn't pick up any gold?

Sounds insane... but what part of this game isn't?

Can anyone confirm or deny playing through the game with two controllers, with one controller (being the account you want the achievement on), being carried by the other account through the entire game as long as the main account doesn't pick up any gold?

Sounds insane... but what part of this game isn't?

You both share the same treasure score, so I highly doubt it would work.

It's easier doing it alone anyway.

There are a few obstacles that could be troublesome tho, like dark levels, any of the Jungle or Temple areas where the Tiki Traps fill up the screen or other enemies, even the Mines can cause problem if you get an unlucky level where there's many enemies on-screen, like the big spiders or arrow traps.

You also have to remember to whip away gold or gems that are in the way. Sometimes, they can be stuck in a tunnel path where you MUST go to advance but you can't drop down there or you will touch the gold/gem. On those moments, you sadly have to waste a bomb anyway. ^^;

I have a theory that if you could calculate it properly and say on the Mines get like $13,000. Then by chance luck out and get a shop to buy a compass and a bomb box, your score would go back down to 0. I believe the game just wants you to end with a zero total so you could potentially gain some bombs and find the exits(by chance) and make this a whole lot easier.

I have a theory that if you could calculate it properly and say on the Mines get like $13,000. Then by chance luck out and get a shop to buy a compass and a bomb box, your score would go back down to 0. I believe the game just wants you to end with a zero total so you could potentially gain some bombs and find the exits(by chance) and make this a whole lot easier.

It doesn't work like that i'm afraid, the achievement says don't "collect" any treasure

It doesn't work like that i'm afraid, the achievement says don't "collect" any treasure

Friend of mine tried similar thing. In the last level he was picked up little gold and during the boss battle with Olmec sometimes he throws monkeys at you. When they jump on your back, you lose some equipment or gold. He finished with $0 this way and didn't get achievement. So yeah, you shouldn't pick up any gold at all.

Friend of mine tried similar thing. In the last level he was picked up little gold and during the boss battle with Olmec sometimes he throws monkeys at you. When they jump on your back, you lose some equipment or gold. He finished with $0 this way and didn't get achievement. So yeah, you shouldn't pick up any gold at all.

Thanks for the 100% clarification!

I started on it yesterday and it's already made me a sad panda. I really hate achievements that ask you play contrary to everything that makes the game fun, and this one's pissing me off pretty bad. Running into an invisible piece of gold on top of a tree in the Jungle is some bullshit! Getting all the way to Olmec and seeing that the gold in the ground is spread out in such a way that killing him while avoiding gold becomes impossible is pretty bullshit too.

It really, really should've been "score below 5000 gold" or something.

I posted this in another topic,

"I have some tips for anyone going for this,

firstly, if you have access to a second controller then play in co-op get a friend to help or do it on your own. It is just more tedious on your own but you can manage by carrying the other character like a damsel and don't forget they can carry something while you carry them. Basically your goal is to get a free item and the kappala as soon as possible so keep an eye out for an altar, when you find one sacrifice the character with the lowest health and hopefully the damsel too and blow! kappala. Now you can milk the bad guys for health, and you have a helper ghost who can set off traps and blow badly placed gold/enemies out of the way.

Also you need to keep an eye out for events occurring at the beginning of levels, here are my favourites for this run,

Snake pit, always go for the mattock at the bottom as it is invaluable for this achievement, you have to make sure that you place your bomb wisely though as you don't want any gems or gold getting on the mattock. Try not to break it on the level you get it as it will become nearly indestructible after you have gone past one exit.

This is good because if you get to olmec with hardly any bombs you can just dig a hole instead.

It is best combined with the udjat eye or spectacles so you don't accidentally dig up any treasure, but if you do use the ghost to blow it away if you have one.

Dead are Restless, obviously a shotgun can help your cause greatly by blowing up the block under the gravestone marked ash but also keep an eye out for a vampire as killing him for his cape will make the ice levels a lot easier.

I sense a psychic prescience, if you already have a cape and you get this level i would just stay as you are, but if not then the jet pack behind the alien king is very useful. watch out for his force field as it reflects all projectiles.

Finally as i said before the mattock is probably the best item for this achievement as avoiding collecting gold in the olmec fight is annoying. I would say it is best to get there with a good few bombs or the mattock so you can freeze olmec off screen and dig/blow a hole carefully and then lead him in."

Using the steal/duplicate glitch that chaos discovered should help greatly, i wish i had known about it when i did it.

Edited by Scottcool

Thanks, that's a pretty nice way to get yourself a free jetpack without making the game harder. But on the other hand, the run gets more complicated because you need to juggle controllers and needing to find Kali altars and useful items to steal ASAP just adds more layers of luck to the whole thing... But I'm still going to do it since Low Scorer and co-op are my last two achievements and neither are fun. Might as well suffer through it and get it done.

I posted this in another topic,

"I have some tips for anyone going for this,

firstly, if you have access to a second controller then play in co-op get a friend to help or do it on your own. It is just more tedious on your own but you can manage by carrying the other character like a damsel and don't forget they can carry something while you carry them. Basically your goal is to get a free item and the kappala as soon as possible so keep an eye out for an altar, when you find one sacrifice the character with the lowest health and hopefully the damsel too and blow! kappala. Now you can milk the bad guys for health, and you have a helper ghost who can set off traps and blow badly placed gold/enemies out of the way.

Also you need to keep an eye out for events occurring at the beginning of levels, here are my favourites for this run,

Snake pit, always go for the mattock at the bottom as it is invaluable for this achievement, you have to make sure that you place your bomb wisely though as you don't want any gems or gold getting on the mattock. Try not to break it on the level you get it as it will become nearly indestructible after you have gone past one exit.

This is good because if you get to olmec with hardly any bombs you can just dig a hole instead.

It is best combined with the udjat eye or spectacles so you don't accidentally dig up any treasure, but if you do use the ghost to blow it away if you have one.

Dead are Restless, obviously a shotgun can help your cause greatly by blowing up the block under the gravestone marked ash but also keep an eye out for a vampire as killing him for his cape will make the ice levels a lot easier.

I sense a psychic prescience, if you already have a cape and you get this level i would just stay as you are, but if not then the jet pack behind the alien king is very useful. watch out for his force field as it reflects all projectiles.

Finally as i said before the mattock is probably the best item for this achievement as avoiding collecting gold in the olmec fight is annoying. I would say it is best to get there with a good few bombs or the mattock so you can freeze olmec off screen and dig/blow a hole carefully and then lead him in."

Using the steal/duplicate glitch that chaos discovered should help greatly, i wish i had known about it when i did it.

That's a pretty extensive amount of tips you have there. Very well spoken as it's really useful knowledge to have!

• 9 months later...

Finally got Low Scorer on play 1485. I've made it to Olmec collecting 0 gold several times but i always get screwed over by either collecting a hidden gem on the way down, getting stunned on his final hit (not sure what causes this sometimes) or one of the many other many ways the game finds to kill you. This time I was very fortunate to get a Jetpack from a psychic presense level. I made it to Olmec with 12 bombs and i blew a safe path straight to the bottom while Olmec waited in the corner. Took me about 400 attempts after I finished my first hell run to get this done but I've honestly been having so much fun I'l probably still be playing this game for a long time to come.

• 7 months later...

I almost had this too. I have been doing this for a couple days now and one playthrough I got to 5-3 w/ 19 bombs/4 ropes/compass/cape. I was extremely lucky w/ the boxes. I decided to blow up a passage since the moving blocks were in the way and down below were a gold piece and an arrow trap very close. I didn't want to throw a bomb in case the gold comes flinging back. I did see a pot 3 blocks away from me and thought it was a great idea. Lo and Behold there was one of those gold chunks basically invisible right next to it....... Was so frustrated.

I finally did it after who knows how many tries!! My way I decided to do it different and steal the jetpack in mines 1-2. This of course made the shopkeeper mad, but I dealt w/ it. I found on the next level a bomb bag, 2 bomb boxes, and paste. I dodged everything (Jetpack makes life a LOT easier especially in ice caves) and got to Olmec w/ 36 bombs!!! I just decided to make a giant 6 layer hole and used every one of my bombs and he just helplessly fell into my trap w/ no monsters to worry about.