What's the hardest thing you've accomplished?

Chaosturbo8

For me it was easily beating Hell. Too many inconsequential things happened to me every playthrough such as items not spawning, enemies provoking shopkeepers, chain combo's that resulted in my impending doom, and the such. When I finally beat it I could finally breathe a sigh of relief.

So tell me, what's your story?

Simply beating the game from start to finish by murdering every shop keeper from 1-2 through black market and to Olmec, I've yet to attempt hell or city of gold but if either are like the alien mother ship it's going to take me a looooooong time.....

If it makes you feel better, I think Hell is easier than the mothership. :)

Simply beating the game from start to finish by murdering every shop keeper from 1-2 through black market and to Olmec, I've yet to attempt hell or city of gold but if either are like the alien mother ship it's going to take me a looooooong time.....

What is a good strategy for killing the shopkeepers? As soon as I hit them with anything they go nuts and then its basically impossible for me. Any tips?

What is a good strategy for killing the shopkeepers? As soon as I hit them with anything they go nuts and then its basically impossible for me. Any tips?

My trick for killing them is going by the shop, throwing a rope next to it and then i throw bombs while safely perched on my rope.

After you get a shotgun, you can safely kill them from afar. Just get level with them and get far enough away that he can't see you. Then keep firing until you no longer hear the music.

My trick for killing them is going by the shop, throwing a rope next to it and then i throw bombs while safely perched on my rope.

After you get a shotgun, you can safely kill them from afar. Just get level with them and get far enough away that he can't see you. Then keep firing until you no longer hear the music.

Thats a great idea. I'll have to give it a try later. Thanks for the tips. I am loving this game but boy is it hard.

I have been so close now. I once got it, but I messed up in the Olmec. Yesterday was all the way to the Temple lvl 3 but Hawkman killed me. I have to restart until I get a jetpack, use the dublicate thingie and Im off to go .3. I also use a strategy that if 1 dies, I use the 2nd one as long as possible. If I'm low on life, I revive the 2nd player and carry the other one untill it dies and so on.

The hardest thing I have done was beating the game the hard way. After 3 attempts at taking our Yuma, I was not defeated on the 4th.

I got lucky on my run. I had a single heart from the Temple levels, and somehow managed to progress through Hell and end up victorious. I have to say, after I managed to accomplish that it was a huge weight off of my shoulders for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

The "Low Scorer" achievement was my bane for a while. I feel guilty for ultimately using the two-controller item-steal method, but my patience was gone after so, so many cheap failures while attempting this 'chievo legitimately.

Either way, this achievement took me *more* attempts than To Hell and Back, but To Hell and Back was much more exciting and satisfying to earn. Low Scorer felt more like a chore and stopped being fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...