Achievement Discussion

L3giOn

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sort of wondering how hard the game is going to be. That one achievement about "being in tune with the darkness" seems like it isn't going to be easy. It just sort of has me wondering since Riddick wasn't really an easy game on the default difficulty.

The achievements look hard and time consuming, im gonna get the game but i think they will be to hard.

Are all game developers retarded??? If they make achievemnets easy they will sell so many more games even if its shite, just look at.... king kong, fuzion frenzy 2 and nba 2k6 etc....

They have sold loads of these games. Am i the only cleaver person around here or has anyone else realised this?

When Jackie meets up with his girlfriend Jenny for the first time, she asks you what's wrong and you have three choices on how to answer. Once you select any of these answers she'll ask you to sit on the couch. Tell her "I love you" then sit down. Remain sitting for 90 seconds or so and do not choose the "get up and leave" option. After a while, she'll snuggle up to you and lay a kiss on you and there it is, 10g cause "real guys stick around for their ladies." Enjoy!

When Jackie meets up with his girlfriend Jenny for the first time, she asks you what's wrong and you have three choices on how to answer. Once you select any of these answers she'll ask you to sit on the couch. Tell her "I love you" then sit down. Remain sitting for 90 seconds or so and do not choose the "get up and leave" option. After a while, she'll snuggle up to you and lay a kiss on you and there it is, 10g cause "real guys stick around for their ladies." Enjoy!

Oh man! Haha, awesome :D

Bringing People Together 5G

The best place to get this is when you get a side mission from this black guy called Terrence Willis (Canal station). He wants you to kill this gang, they are five of them and they packed together, best spot to unleash the black hole.

anybody have any idea how many shots it takes to "bring down the chopper" swear to god i hit is so many freaking times.......

Yeah,i was also wondering about this....

*warning,POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

It seems like after you meet butcher and help he take out the bodies and run back inside to deal with the SWAT and cops,which im sure will be no easy task seeing as I'm having quite a bit of trouble on hard....

There is only that one police helo as far as I know....and i watched my brother shoot at it on EASY.he emptied every last bullet he had...about 3,maybe 4 shotgun clips,and like, 7+ pistol clips and the thing didn t go down....

Is there any other choppers in this game that you can shoot down?

Hey guys,I just noticed this about your achievements for the multiplayer....the one "Murderer" has the same description as another(Cant think of the second achievement) but its description is to claim 20 killing streaks.but for "murderer" the achievement is to simply get A,you know ONE, killing streak....just thought I'd let you guys know

EDIT:The second achievement for 20 streaks is called "Butcher"

honestly i haven't pulled off a melee attack yet....... every time i try my gun pop out and i'm blasting.... was kinda curious about that too.

have to use shotgun/rifle and hit left trigger while near enemy

to get the ghandi achievement is fairly easy

**possible spoiler warning**

when you have to go find Paulies drug doctor.... i can't remember his name offhand. but it's where you enter the drug house with the code "hit me". anyways if you DO NOT pull your weapon out while your in there and talk to roach, he gets a phone call from the doctor. if you let roach talk through the entire phone conversation you get the achievement..... you also get a shotgun blast upside the dome and die but respawn right outside and can just go in killing everyone because achievements already unlocked.

I think I might know how to bring down the chopper and get everyone their 15G...

I saw this in a trailer - the tenticle is used to grab hold of the helo and bring it down in a video over at Gamespot.

Here's the link, it is about :50 seconds into the trailer

http://www.gamespot.com/video/927014/6172401/the-darkness-official-trailer-4

I just got the game and haven't played yet but I am guessing this is what everyone is talking about since everyone says there is just one helo encounter in the game.

Hope this helps get everyone the achievement

After you get the black hole power there will be a part that will have SWAT guys running around and a helicopter shooting you from the skylights. All you have to do is cast a black hole at the heli and you will get your achievement.

As for the the "bring down 6 heli's" achievement wait until you man the tank(you'll know what I'm talking about when you get there). Planes will fly at you and you can easily shoot them down. If you haven't gottent the achievement by the time you see a huge castle, reload the checkpoint and shoot some more down and you will get it.