End Game = Last Patch?

BBDrew84

With the last DLC scheduled to come out for BF3 in the upcoming month will that mean it will also be the last patch? If I were a betting man I would put money on it. Right now I don't feel like anything is broken/overpowered but I am concerned with what tweaks they do with End Game.

If you remember back when Armored Kill came out they took away IR Flares from the Attack Heli Gunner in an effort to make Attack Heli's more balanced in AK. What actually happened, in my opinion, is they took away team work in the Attack Helis then couple that with AA Missiles getting a buff in the same patch and it ruined Attack Helicopters for some.

I just hope DICE does not nerf/buff something in effort to make something balanced for End Game. I can see them messing something up with Jets in an effort to balance Air Superiority.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Personally I would like to see Dog Tag fixes for Coop and Dog Tags for the missing Pistols and Gadgets. I don't expect them to fix every glitch but fixing the sound glitch that happens sometimes would be nice.

it seems that they would do something inbetween releasing endgame and the next bf title. its going to be over a year between the two---which is a lot of time for people to lose interest or pick up other titles. they either need to have another DLC pack or a whole new theme--kinda like Vietnam for BC2, or an actual beta this time that is out for more then a week or two.

l thought BF4 was coming sooner than inna year. l'm not on the pulse though when it comes to new games.

lf they scramble the game on the update they'll likely patch it anyway. lt's not really good press to shit on the MP and leave it like that. Then expect people to buy the new. --though that's what Gears of War seem to pull off everytime

it seems that they would do something inbetween releasing endgame and the next bf title. its going to be over a year between the two---which is a lot of time for people to lose interest or pick up other titles. they either need to have another DLC pack or a whole new theme--kinda like Vietnam for BC2, or an actual beta this time that is out for more then a week or two.

I agree completely, but do you think they have another DLC up their sleeves? I sort of got the impression that DICE/EA were planning that MOH was supposed to keep people interested for a longer period of time. Which would make me think that there is not a Vietnam style DLC or any after End Game, I hope I am wrong though I would welcome another DLC for BF3.

I just hope DICE does not nerf/buff something in effort to make something balanced for End Game. I can see them messing something up with Jets in an effort to balance Air Superiority.

Heat seekers seem like the prime candidate for nerfing here since it has much higher utility over the other weapons, due to lack of any opposition on the ground. Heatseekers on jets are for noobs so I really don't care what they do unless they make it obnoxiously overpowered like the stingers. I can see the attack helicopter pilots raging if they get the same changes to their heatseekers though. 20mm cannon on the jets is already so woeful I don't see how they could possibly make it any worse. A boost to the ECM jammer also seems possible as another way to try and reduce the utility of the heatseekers.

The stinger need to be nerfed badly, reduce it's damage to the same as every other AA missile and I'll be happy.

They're probably going to buff the AEK yet again because apparently that gun isn't good enough yet...

lol... the aek is fair enough. Cleaning up in CQC and getting it's ass kicked in high distance fights against the M416 etc. As long as the AEK user is bad with the weapon, you can kill him without problems on mid-long distances... I don't see anything wrong with it.

On the other hand, why would I go CQ with an e.g. AUG? That's nonsense, only stupid players do that. People should play with their weapon the way it's meant to be used. That's why I am using the AEK, i love rushing into the frontlines.

People crying over weapons is annoying me anyways... the only shit that is way too overpowered are those ridiculous bipod-lmg's. Sniping with an LMG, u serious?

The stinger need to be nerfed badly, reduce it's damage to the same as every other AA missile and I'll be happy.

the stinger is fine the way it is really. if you are a good pilot you never get killed by stingers. and the stinger does 81 damage if i remember correctly, which is the same amount of damage two heat seekers does---so its on par with everything else.

• 1 month later...

The game has been out for a year and a half and after six patches, it still has glitches that have been around since the game's release. Sound glitches, lack of vehicle service stars, regular freezing, and several other random glitches. With this kind of support and the state the game was released in, why the hell should anyone buy BF4? I'd love to play with 64 players, but how the hell have these things not been fixed in 18 months? It could be the nostalgia, but I don't remember this shit in BF2 on the PC.

The game has been out for a year and a half and after six patches, it still has glitches that have been around since the game's release. Sound glitches, lack of vehicle service stars, regular freezing, and several other random glitches. With this kind of support and the state the game was released in, why the hell should anyone buy BF4? I'd love to play with 64 players, but how the hell have these things not been fixed in 18 months? It could be the nostalgia, but I don't remember this shit in BF2 on the PC.

dat metro freeze o_0

i have heard of this mythical beast called "dat oman freeze." he is a very elusive one indeed. the metro freeze is more like a pistol only server in bennys recent battlereports----its always there.

Edited by gmurda33
<3 u benny hahaha

BF2 was also supported with patches for 4 years, so that kinda helps... Plus it's a much simpler game. Regardless, BF3 isn't THAT buggy, sure it's a little rough around the edges, but that doesn't prevent me from enjoying it. It's no worse than most other "AAA" titles.

I used to take screenshots w/ my potato every time BF3 would freeze on me. Here is one of my favorites and it just happens to be on Oman

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r517/BBDrew84/Photo_00021.jpg

I remember you doing that, haha! Oman has only frozen on me once, though, it's quite strange. They use this map for benchmarking on PC because it's one of the most demanding ones, so that may be why it freezes.

Edited by WOLFkraut

I remember you doing that, haha! Oman has only frozen on me once, though, it's quite strange. They use this map for benchmarking on PC because it's one of the most demanding ones, so that may be why it freezes.

I also came across this freeze screenshot on Oman. Maybe it is because the BTR-90 kicks sooooo much ass.

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r517/BBDrew84/Photo_00014.jpg

It also reminded me of the glory days of BF3 :( When we would always have a full squad of BCG for what seemed like months. Those were the days.

Regardless, BF3 isn't THAT buggy, sure it's a little rough around the edges, but that doesn't prevent me from enjoying it.

It's no worse than most other "AAA" titles.

I enjoy playing it, too, but what's the incentive to buy the next one if they haven't fixed what's wrong with the current one?

I'm not sure which games you're referring to, but I can't name any comparable glitches that haven't been fixed in CoD in 18 months.

I enjoy playing it, too, but what's the incentive to buy the next one if they haven't fixed what's wrong with the current one?

I'm not sure which games you're referring to, but I can't name any comparable glitches that haven't been fixed in CoD in 18 months.

I love your tagline. People should copy it and use it as a guide when posting online.

HOWEVER. You just HAD to mention CoD. Maybe because their maps are smaller, they have no vehicles and the graphics are simpler.

Or have I had my head in the sand all this time and you can actually fly a jet, jump out, rocket launch a jet on your 6, and then jump back in your jet in CoD? Maybe BF is just a very complex game and prone to glitches?

HOWEVER. You just HAD to mention CoD. Maybe because their maps are smaller, they have no vehicles and the graphics are simpler.

Or have I had my head in the sand all this time and you can actually fly a jet, jump out, rocket launch a jet on your 6, and then jump back in your jet in CoD? Maybe BF is just a very complex game and prone to glitches?

It's really the only other game I play at length outside of going for achievements. He did say AAA titles. Why is CoD exempt? Being a complex game does not make it okay to have unfixed glitches for 18 months, which will probably go on for much longer. Being released with a few glitches is inescapable, but it's way past that mark...

I used to take screenshots w/ my potato every time BF3 would freeze on me. Here is one of my favorites and it just happens to be on Oman

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r517/BBDrew84/Photo_00021.jpg

Lethal Drop may have been feeling distinctly less lethal at that moment.

Nice. Have a shot on my ipod from a lockup also on Oman, after popping the skull of some git with the SV98 that was camping our spawn. :p

I also came across this freeze screenshot on Oman. Maybe it is because the BTR-90 kicks sooooo much ass.

It also reminded me of the glory days of BF3 :( When we would always have a full squad of BCG for what seemed like months. Those were the days.

True that, it was sweet to get online, see a bunch of peeps on the friends list all in BF3, get into a game with you guys and find a ton more familiar x360a folks not on the friends list in the same game to boot. :woop: Almost felt sorry for the other teams... almost.