Bad Set of Achievements

wright3034

This and Fable 2 have some very bad achievements.

6 different collectable achievements is completely overboard and redundant.

Making 20 friends not only takes forever but has absolutely no bearing on the game whatsoever. What difference does it make if you have zero friends or 100?

Make the achievements FUN to get, not tedious and boring.

I like this game a lot and I am going to get these achievements just so that my gamerscore reflects how much I like the game, but I'm going to hate tracking down every piece of clothing, every flower, key, gnome, book, and weapon.

Does anybody have any ideas for better achievements?

TL;DR These achievements suck, can you come up with better ones?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not "collect 3000 keys and books" and waste all of our time.

If you think it wastes your time then dont do it.

Okay, so many collectibles is time-consuming, the weapon-achievement is insane (you'd think LH would've learned something from the 6 dolls), but not all achievements are bad. And I really like the descriptions of unlocked achievements

But yeah, 30 books, 54 keys, 30 flowers and 50 gnomes is a big lot against 50 gargoyles and 50 keys from Fable 2

This and Fable 2 have some very bad achievements.

Making 20 friends not only takes forever but has absolutely no bearing on the game whatsoever. What difference does it make if you have zero friends or 100?

Make the achievements FUN to get, not tedious and boring.

I like this game a lot and I am going to get these achievements just so that my gamerscore reflects how much I like the game, but I'm going to hate tracking down every piece of clothing, every flower, key, gnome, book, and weapon.

Does anybody have any ideas for better achievements?

TL;DR These achievements suck, can you come up with better ones?

If you complain about finding collectibles you are just fucking stupid, the collectibles are miles easier then most other collectibles. Try RE5 those collectibles were harder to find, but it was still awesome looking for them.

How bout this achievement: Start the game 1000g does that sound easy enough for you seeing as you qq about this game which in reality only have two semi annoying achievements such as the weapons and the glitches friends one.

If you complain about finding collectibles you are just fucking stupid, the collectibles are miles easier then most other collectibles.

There's really no reason to speak this way. We just don't like collectibles but sometimes I feel compelled to get them for the GS. Which is sad in it's own right, I know.

To each their own, right? No need to call people "fucking stupid".

There's really no reason to speak this way. We just don't like collectibles but sometimes I feel compelled to get them for the GS. Which is sad in it's own right, I know.

To each their own, right? No need to call people "fucking stupid".

I have recently become a completionist in the true sense of the word. I gather every collectible and I dont mind these achievements. Getting 100% in a game, going even beyond the achievements (i.e. 100% sync in all of AC: Brotherhood or gathering every single log in Dead Space 2) gives me a sense of satisfaction that I can't really describe. Call me crazy, but the achievements in this game aren't so bad

Omg .. there's absolutely no need to call someone 'fucking stupid' just because he doesn't like collectibles

Complaining about a game like this which is easy as fuck is fucking stupid, it wasnt just the collectibles thingy that made me realize that he was a tard, his entire post did.

Most of you fuckers just seem to want to make every game easier and easier, if you dont enjoy fucking look for easy as hell collectibles with well written guides then dont fucking do it.

There are many games out there that have way worse lists then this game, and if shit hits the fan it still got coop all the way trough so try to enjoy it for what it is instead of complaining about a fucking list that gives you points that only works to boost your own ego.

Omg .. there's absolutely no need to call someone 'fucking stupid' just because he doesn't like collectibles

100% correct disagreeing is one thing this is plan nasty.

Okay I do agree maybe 2 or 3 collecting achievements would have been enough. But this is fable and every game has alot of things to collect.

If you complain about finding collectibles you are just fucking stupid, the collectibles are miles easier then most other collectibles. Try RE5 those collectibles were harder to find, but it was still awesome looking for

For some one which has been using the site for a long time. One would think you would be used to this type of question/Thread. To act like this make you look immature.

Loads of swearing on this thread be best closed and less Internet hardmen ;)

Edited by Ragnarok1986

For some one which has been using the site for a long time. One would think you would be used to this type of question/Thread. To act like this make you look immature.

Loads of swearing on this thread be best closed and less Internet hardmen ;)

Ofcourse im used to this kind of retarded posts, doesnt mean that i wanna give him hugs and kisses for pointing out that he complains about trivial shit that doesnt really need any complain

So fable 3 got collectible achievements, bad thing? no not really because Peter Molyneux couldnt live up to what he made it up to be once again.

Just because of that they try to mask that they lack a shitload of content by making people go look for pointless things.

160ish collectible things, and thats counting clothes which in reality you only need to work your ass off for 1 set piece, get real its nothing.

The flowers take 1-2 hours unless you cant read, even still you can find em no problem without the well written guide that can be found on this forum.

And then you got keys, i mean those are somewhat annoying but yet again THERE IS A WELL WRITTEN GUIDE ON THIS FORUM AND COUNTLESS YOUTUBE VIDS...

Last but not least the gnomes... They even scream when you get close, oh and guess what just as with everything else THERE IS A WELL WRITTEN GUIDE ON THIS FORUM

If you wanna bitch then start doing it at the things that need bitching. Which is the "Trade with other random fuckers online because people are so helpful" achievements they are so fucking fond off.

And if you think im sitting here trying to be some kind of internet badass then you are simply mistaken, i dont go out of my way and try to impress on others by using profanity its just how i speak and ive always spoken.

Edited by Andreas_loel
forgot 1 thing

160ish collectible things, and thats counting clothes which in reality you only need to work your ass off for 1 set piece, get real its nothing.

Well at least it's better than than 400 flags (damn you Assassins Creed)

Anyway, let's stop this before it turns out into a massive word fight.

Some people here hate the collectibles, some support them, others think they are ''idiots'' for thinking that.

Instead of flaming each other for what we say or trying to convince others that they're wrong (which nobody probably will succeed in) we could also use these forums for what they are meant for: to help out whoever is on the forum.

Well at least it's better than than 400 flags (damn you Assassins Creed)

Anyway, let's stop this before it turns out into a massive word fight.

Some people here hate the collectibles, some support them, others think they are ''idiots'' for thinking that.

Instead of flaming each other for what we say or trying to convince others that they're wrong (which nobody probably will succeed in) we could also use these forums for what they are meant for: to help out whoever is on the forum.

But then you get what i mean, there is so many other games were the collectibles are just a pain in the ass. The reason why they added so many in this game is due to lack of real content, and also to make the player explore the entire world.

I wouldnt mind having a "Complete bla bla x20" type but seeing as i just had to use the 2player thingy for the friends achievement i doubt lionhead could pull it off smoothly ><

I dont love collecting them either but when its not much of a hassle then there is simply no point in just crying over it.

And if you get offended by someone saying something to you over the internet, just realize by the end of the day it means fuck all.

And if you get offended by someone saying something to you over the internet, just realize by the end of the day it means fuck all.

I don't get offended by such things often, and I dont know if others do.

But it's not the purpose of these forums, and there's no need to talk bad about others just because they give their opinion.

But I partly agree indeed. Compared with Fable 2 there's too few things to do and it almost seems like they tried to fill it up with collectibles

The only thing about Fable 3 achievements that really annoyed me was the one messed up key (it said it was in Mistpeak, but it's in another map for some odd reason) and the weapons achievement.

I got both done in about day each regardless, though. What could be done for achievements in general could be to make them difficult instead of tedious. I know Halo: Reach's Legendary on solo mode is like that... Hard, but fun as hell!

I actually don't mind collecting objects, so long as there is a guide to follow and the objects don't depend on luck to obtain. For example, in AC there are hundreds of flags but as long as we follow a guide strictly all is needed is time, not luck or skills.

The element that makes the Dolls, Weapons and Clothes achievements annoying (extremely annoying if one asks me) is the requirement for 'exchange with other players'.

Gold membership must be needed, a common time for players to online is needed, good manner of that player is needed (cheating is absolutely unavoidable. Some promises to use the collectibles for a short time and will return them BUT you know what I mean).

These achievements make it that, after perhaps 5 or 6 years when only very few players are left to play these games, they are virtually no longer obtainable, which is no fun to me.

I would like to see achievements that you get as the game progresses and achievements that take you completly out to no where that have nothing to do with the game i dont mind difficult achievements as long as they have bearing on the game not to go accomplish something just cause a developer thought it would be funny as for collectible achievements they are ok as long as i can acquire all objects on my own not relying on xbox live and co-op thats just f-ing retarded

I am getting tired of a lot of games like this making achievements that are just time sinks. Nothing else. You want me to play your game, you want me to spend time in the game world, put things in there for me to do. New things to discover... Not mindless running around, or stupid grinds, (I'm looking at you FFXIII...)... make the quest line longer... Fallout I think manages this wonderfully! They even have a collection quest in NV and it wasn't bad because there was stuff to do while you were collecting! (Sunset Star Caps) It is fun to explore in a game like that... exploring in Fable is boring. There is no reward. Except achievements. Which I like most of you will get, because that is what we do... I'm just tired of pointless fluff...

And seriously... the stupid trade with douche bags over live because I'm Molyneux and I believe the world is wonderful happy sharing and caring pile of Barney Vomit, is just dumb. Do not force me to rely on other people that I don't know to get an achievement. If I have one or MAYBE two other friends that play the game, I should be able to get the achievement...

I am getting tired of a lot of games like this making achievements that are just time sinks. Nothing else. You want me to play your game, you want me to spend time in the game world, put things in there for me to do. New things to discover... Not mindless running around, or stupid grinds, (I'm looking at you FFXIII...)... make the quest line longer... Fallout I think manages this wonderfully! They even have a collection quest in NV and it wasn't bad because there was stuff to do while you were collecting! (Sunset Star Caps) It is fun to explore in a game like that... exploring in Fable is boring. There is no reward. Except achievements. Which I like most of you will get, because that is what we do... I'm just tired of pointless fluff...

Have you ever played Oblivion?

I think that fulfills what you expect from a game perfectly

Have you ever played Oblivion?

I think that fulfills what you expect from a game perfectly

I have. Was the first game I 100%ed... and yes you are correct. It was and still is one of my favorite games of all time. Never got bored, or tedious. Just was fun, fun, fun all the way through. It was like an MMO without the M... ;D

I dont find collectible achievements boring at all! I normally collect them as i play the game rather than leave them to the end! I have only just got the support of the dwellers and i have 10+ gnomes, 10+ keys and 6books! That way im not stuck at the end of the game trying to find them all!

I'm crap doing it like this i cant remember which ones I have collected. So when I watch the videos I end up going back to the areas :/ so that's the reason I leave them till the end.

I dont find collectible achievements boring at all! I normally collect them as i play the game rather than leave them to the end! I have only just got the support of the dwellers and i have 10+ gnomes, 10+ keys and 6books! That way im not stuck at the end of the game trying to find them all!

I'm crap doing it like this i cant remember which ones I have collected. So when I watch the videos I end up going back to the areas :/ so that's the reason I leave them till the end.

:whs

I always try to do collectibles at the end

Made the mistake of doing it at the start twice (Burnout Paradise 400 fences and Assassins Creed 400 flags) so I never do them at the start

Made the mistake of doing it at the start twice (Burnout Paradise 400 fences and Assassins Creed 400 flags) so I never do them at the start

Yeah... I get super confused, and then I forget, and then I miss some. Then, when going down the list, you trip out, because you swear you got one, but you didn't, and then you think you did and you didn't...

Yeah... I get super confused, and then I forget, and then I miss some. Then, when going down the list, you trip out, because you swear you got one, but you didn't, and then you think you did and you didn't...

But i always copy down the lists on here onto my notepad on my laptop and check off once i have them ;)