Unable to sign in with my profile

FOXHOUND MGS4

Has anybody else had a problem playing this game with their actual profile being enabled? I've managed it once and now every time I load it up it says PROFILE: PLAYER [PROGRESS WILL NOT BE SAVED] which means you won't be able to unlock any achievements. I've checked and my profile is signed in so its not like that's the problem. I've even signed out, signed back in again and still my profile isn't showing. I've attached a photo showing where your gamertag should be rather than PLAYER.....

I found a way to avoid it 90% of the time. Boot up your One but don't sign in. Launch the game then after pressing A, it will ask you which profile you'd like to sign in with. Choose the one you want, then it will sync the data and load up fine. The issue seems to be when you are already signed in when launching the game.

I think i know what the problem is. You know the main screen that shows the 3 girls and says press A. Its either us being too slow in selecting the profile or the game jumping the gun and loading the next page before we even pick ghe profile.

So pretty much, when we press A and when the profile selection overlay pops up , if you see red in the background, we're screwed since the game loaded the menu screen before we got to load up. If it's still on the blue press A screen, then we are good to go.

Now i just mash A instead of taking my time picking a profile with the hopes of beating the game in a race of can i pick my gt before it loads the page.

Now i just gotta figure out why my gold coins are not counting. Ive only played the game twice and it was pretty much a completion in 1 sitting each time so when i go to the museum, i only have thw coins awarded to me after beating the boss/completion screen coin so i only get a little over 1k when i know i should have way more that that since stages wpuld give me 300 to 500

• 2 years later...