Is there to be Condemned 3?

DarkVelvetSky

I really like the original but never bothered playing the second. Was there MP in the second game? I think that's why I skipped it.

Yes there was...and it was not very good & had a good number of achievements attached to it.

I'd buy 3, I enjoyed Condemned 2 and Criminal Origins is in my top 10 for this gen. Seems Monolith is doing weird things nowadays though...

I have only just started playing the second one again with the sole purpose of beating it regardless of what achievements I get and so far the story is really engaging and the gameplay more original than any FPS on the market. Hope they do go onto make a 3rd and improve on the gameplay as the FPS genre is getting stale and something like this could breath new life into it.

• 4 months later...

I would welcome a 3rd installment of the series, but like some of you guys would prefer if they stuck more to the theme of the first one instead of continuing down the sci-fi "out-there" path set by the 2nd.

Also scrap multiplayer, the multiplayer in Condemned 2 was shoddy and brought very little to the overall experience...just let it ride as a creepy first-person supernatural horror.

I enjoyed the first game quite a bit, but I just never really had time for the second one. After reading how different it was from the first, I kind of lost interest in getting it. If the third were to go back to it's roots, I'd definitely check it out.

I'll post in the achievement trading thread when I eventually get it but...is anyone else here going to be working on the Condemned 2 multiplayer achievements anytime soon? Just throwing that out there as I'm going back and finishing any game I ever played (minus closed server games/glitched games...and Zuma....and DMC4).

Anyways, I didn't get to play through much of the second game but I really enjoyed the first. I'd like to see a third...just so it could get cemented more than just a cult hit.

I'd love to see a new game of that style, with this tense atmosphere and horror but I think it should be a new storyline. They really fucked up the story in Condemned2 and I don't want them to continue on that story.

I think a reboot or something would be better, than a Condemned3.

Make a new story, with a new protagonist!

And the game shouldn't feature that much supernatural stuff, only slightly hinting at possible supernatural happenings.

• 1 month later...

The original Condemned was one of the first games I played on Xbox 360 and I loved it. It was incredible. I especially like the part of the game before its starts getting all ghosty and supernatural...the part when your are hunting down the elusive serial killer.

Thats the reason I hated the second one. It was all super natural BS and nothing was realistic. I just cant get into that supernatural stuff. Bring back the first half of the first game in the 3rd one!!

• 1 year later...