Far Cry 2 wont load

Helter Macto

just wondering if anyone else has had this problem...i have e read a lot of people are. Apparently once you make it so far in the southern map(im am at 60%) the game wont load any more of your saves!!! I was wondering if anyone has heard of this or knows of a fix!? I refuse to have to go back through and play such a long game again, i've but close to 23 hours into this game!!! Seems Ubisoft doesnt want to admit to it, and someone needs to harp thier ***'s to get them to fix this BS!

just wondering if anyone else has had this problem...i have e read a lot of people are. Apparently once you make it so far in the southern map(im am at 60%) the game wont load any more of your saves!!! I was wondering if anyone has heard of this or knows of a fix!? I refuse to have to go back through and play such a long game again, i've but close to 23 hours into this game!!! Seems Ubisoft doesnt want to admit to it, and someone needs to harp thier ***'s to get them to fix this BS!

Yes it is a bad problem and affected my friend but not me. I'm working with him to isolate the problem but we haven't found out anything yet.

This is a real disgrace, and a real lack of disregard for its customers demonstrated by ubisoft, and they must not be allowed to get away with it. I parted with my hard earned cash and bought this game only for it to be freezing after 4 per cent completion. I have restarded the game so many times, and get the same problem, and i am now glad to say i simply threw the game in the bin, as to me that is the only suitable place for it. I ask all people here to think of ways to petition ubisoft and let them know what they are doing is daylight robbery.

I had an issue shortly after getting past 60% where when I selected continue the game froze on the loading screen. I had to resort to an older save and save past where the frozen save occurred. No problems since, keeping my fingers crossed. All I can suggest is save alot and often, any chance you get so if a save wont load, you have something relatively close to fall back on.

unfortunately i had 3 saves, all of which have decided they don't want to want anymore...i always do that just in case i want to go back and do something different or something like this happens, but it got all 3 of my saves :(

Exactually what I did! my 3 loads wont load at all???!!! I'm at 87% complete too... I really dont wanna go through this game again.

Does anyone know why it's freezing?

I'm tad gutted now

And here i thought it was my Console that was breaking down, im shocked to see how many others are experiencing what i went through.

What i did within 2 days of it freezing i returned it for a new copy and it magically began to work "EVENTUALLÝ". Though i had to load my old one which was 8% behind then my main one. Small consequence but i found it worthy of continuation. I best advise you make a lot of saved points!. Its Best you take a break and come back and try it again after a few days, cause thats how it worked for me.

Whats more stupid is the weapon expert achievement which i posted on the forum. The game evntually loaded but then all my hard work of getting all the diamonds in the game and buying all the weaponry did not earn me my achievement, what a waste of life!!! Give me my achievement Ubisoft!.

My game started to freeze after about 60% but I had a few safe files. I made sure I had found all the diamonds and stuff first and then completed the missions after so at least I did not lose my diamonds. I then completed the game from about 60% to the finish and it took me about 3 hours, I made sure I saved on a new file each time and was careful not to die.

• 2 weeks later...

My saves froze today at 54%. spoke to the support helpdesk (number at back of manual) to get a few answers. The guy did say that its not an uncommon problem and that a patch is being worked on. He refused to give me a time-line for this (after a lot of pressing he said it would be in a couple of weeks, didnt sound too sure of himself though)

He also couldnt state whether or not existing game saves would work after the patch.

• 4 weeks later...

exactly the same thing happened to me, i had 3 saves, got to about 60% and everytime i load a save it crashes on loading screen. i started again and havent deleted or overwritten a single save, seems totally fine so far but am only at about 50%, but i would recommend starting again and making damn sure you dont overwrite any saves always make a fresh one...