Achievement Guide & Road Map

FelizP the only thing I would suggest is making the upgrade location guide a different thread entirely, and linking it within the achievement guide, and possibly even combine that with the time trial stuff. That way people can see the achievement guide as it is, then click on the links to the other threads to see a more in depth page. The only reason I say this is because while scrolling you have tons and tons of pictures and information it might scare people off from getting the game, cause it looks like a whole lot of work ;) You don't have to change anything, just thought I'd share an idea.

FelizP the only thing I would suggest is making the upgrade location guide a different thread entirely, and linking it within the achievement guide, and possibly even combine that with the time trial stuff. That way people can see the achievement guide as it is, then click on the links to the other threads to see a more in depth page. The only reason I say this is because while scrolling you have tons and tons of pictures and information it might scare people off from getting the game, cause it looks like a whole lot of work ;) You don't have to change anything, just thought I'd share an idea.

No you're a right. Sombody told me the same exact thing you did when I first completed the guide! It is very detailed but almost too much to fit in for a game that can be completed within 24 hours.

People will indeed be intimidated by the extras and have second guesses about doing the game when the guide is simply comprehensive. I want to change it now but ONLY if I create a seperate thread and paste the extas I threw into this guide like the Upgrades, or Mission Mode stuff, etc AND it will be a gurantee sticky. If a moderator can promise me that then I will do it.

A mod can go ahead and sticky SEEGAAA's Fastest and Strongest Guide as it's linked to this guide. Keep me posted if this will work out.:)

Edited by FeLizP

No you're a right. Sombody told me the same exact thing you did when I first completed the guide! It is very detailed but almost too much to fit in for a game that can be completed within 24 hours.

People will indeed be intimidated by the extras and have second guesses about doing the game when the guide is simply comprehensive. I want to change it now but ONLY if I create a seperate thread and paste the extas I threw into this guide like the Upgrades, or Mission Mode stuff, etc AND it will be a gurantee sticky. If a moderator can promise me that then I will do it.

A mod can go ahead and sticky SEEGAAA's Fastest and Strongest Guide as it's linked to this guide. Keep me posted guides if this will work out.:)

You must not know my past in creating seperate guides to go along with achievement guides. I love doing them and encourage everyone to do them. I'll sticky the seperate guide you make as long as it looks as good as the one you created here.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?pictureid=10933&albumid=1333&dl=1285730778&thumb=1Metal Sonic Master 15:gsicon:

You got Level A on all the Action Stages by using Metal Sonic

When you collect all 130 Emblems Metal Sonic will be available in Trial Mode. Select him and play all his Trial stages. They are the same Action Stages as Sonics. You must play Level C, B, then A for all 10 Action Stages. This is the same thing you did when you were getting Level A completions with Sonic only this time you do it with Metal Sonic. Metal Sonic is even faster than Sonic, and even glides at times! His gameplay is quite entertaining; too bad he is limited to Trial Mode.

I still fail to see differences in speed between sonic and metal sonic even after all these years.... can someone explain?

I still fail to see differences in speed between sonic and metal sonic even after all these years.... can someone explain?

Throughout the running sequences of the stages Metal Sonic seemingly runs a tad faster than Sonic. His running animation is a mix of running and gliding and he is noticeably quicker and more agile. I noticed this as I was getting better times with him after completing stages than I did with Sonic.

Do you personally see no difference in the speed at which they run? Perhaps it is just me then. If it is then I will edit out the 'he runs faster than sonic' portion of the description just for you.:)

Edited by FeLizP

Throughout the running sequences of the stages Metal Sonic seemingly runs a tad faster than Sonic. His running animation is a mix of running and gliding and he is noticeably quicker and more agile. I noticed this as I was getting better times with him after completing stages than I did with Sonic.

Do you personally see no difference in the speed at which they run?Perhaps it is just me then. If it is then I will edit out the 'he runs faster than sonic' portion of the description just for you.:)

Well don't change anything. I was asking because I've gotten better times with Metal Sonic on his A rank levels than I have with Sonic myself. Thing is I just fail to see why I get better times with him. Their speeds seem the same, just with different animations. But it's only a 5-10 second difference... don't know if it's me or if Metal sonic is faster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
how can you say the dlc has no glitched achievements when all of them are glitching out for a lot of people?

I can't get Metal Sonic to unlock no matter what I do

This guide was posted a long time before the DLC glitch surfaced. If you haven't already please check this thread for help.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=376199

It's been years since I've visited this forum but I went ahead and edited the Roadmap to say the DLC was glitched for some people. Hopefully you find a solution to your problem.

Lol, you told him to go to his own thread, which doesn't have a resolution.

Call that a cursory job on my part. I am at fault for not bothering to look at the user name of the people I lend advice to. If not that forum then possibly the "Help" forum could assist him but I'm sure he's already checked there. I have my fair share of committing a faux pas here and there. :p

I don't frequent this forum anymore because it was 2 years ago I heard about this. As time went by new games came out, I did more guides etc. So I haven't been here much unless somebody took their time to private message me yet nobody has.

Nevertheless I updated the roadmap about the glitch which was the whole point of Fried Cola's post in the first place. So topic CLOSED.

Sadly, the main site guide will not reflect this update this. I'm sure many people already know about the DLC being glitched and they usually skip it anyways until it is finally fixed and addressed by Sega. It's only 50GS and not really worth the trouble in the long run with the risk of it glitching.

Just get ready for Sonic Adventure 2 come this October if anything else. :)

Edited by FeLizP

Sadly, the main site guide will not reflect this update this. I'm sure many people already know about the DLC being glitched and they usually skip it anyways until it is finally fixed and addressed by Sega.

that sucks about the main site not reflecting. Aside from the DLC achievements bugging out on people, there's also a known issue with mission 53 of the mission mode causing the game to freeze if done as the 20th, 40th, or 60th mission.

but no, basing my assumption on the piss-poor search engine results, not many people have vocalized complaints about the achievements glitching on them. It takes a lot of effort to get that far in the game! X360A is the only place on the whole internet with a lot of people not just getting aggrivated enough to bring it up but actually be informative and helpful (shocking). TA even seemed clueless about the bugs until recently and the only solution for the problem refers people here.

coincidentally I did come across a passionate rant on Sega's own forum about this very same issue and the author was someone I had recently boosted Singularity with. lol. I messaged him on XBL and his response was 'delete and redownload the core game' and I was 'I did' and he got all 'wtf!'

It's only 50GS and not really worth the trouble in the long run with the risk of it glitching.

BY VIRTUE OF BEING A COMPLETIONIST, IT IS WORTH THE TROUBLE :thisplacereallyneedsapullingmyhairoutemote:

pushing the glitched achievements aside (they take precidence, I'm upset! :mad: HNGHGHGHHG! :mad:) your stuff was really helpful- especially the emblem guide.

Just get ready for Sonic Adventure 2 come this October if anything else. :)

ugh, thanks but no thanks.

Edited by Fried Cola